OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

HI all, we're planning our first stay at OKW. (we're going to buy into DVC!!! OKW will be our home resort). I'm attempting to get a GV for our family. Looking at the map of the resort, do some buildings have a lot of road noise? I'm torn between trying to get something near HH or Turtle. Although the buidings near the path to DS might be appealing
We stayed in a GV in Bldg 15 (Miller's Rd) and had a nice tee box view.

HI all, we're planning our first stay at OKW. (we're going to buy into DVC!!! OKW will be our home resort). I'm attempting to get a GV for our family. Looking at the map of the resort, do some buildings have a lot of road noise? I'm torn between trying to get something near HH or Turtle. Although the buidings near the path to DS might be appealing
Glad to hear you are going to buy! One of our home resorts as well. Really love it. We stayed in Building 29 last time and 21 or 22 time before, 29 was nice because we could easily walk to HH. Not too much road noise for us - but I don't know how it would compare to others besides 21/22, and it wasn't something we paid attention to. 21 and 22 were very quiet, very little traffic - a bit too much out of the way for us :). Here is layout of resort.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/okw-building-configuration-summary.146435/

I've got to say the quietest building we've ever stayed in was building 11, at first I was like man we're stuck over here in the corner of the parking lot, but when we got in the room we were like wow, beautiful golf course view and the best nights sleep we ever had at Disney. Two weeks in a one bedroom and I never heard a single bus or boat horn, very peaceful.

I've got to say the quietest building we've ever stayed in was building 11, at first I was like man we're stuck over here in the corner of the parking lot, but when we got in the room we were like wow, beautiful golf course view and the best nights sleep we ever had at Disney. Two weeks in a one bedroom and I never heard a single bus or boat horn, very peaceful.
Yes, we also stayed in Bldg 11 and watched the golfers on the course. It was really nice there.

Does anyone know if the showers are open at the main pool? I'm considering a late night flight, but there's no point if I can't shower after hanging out at the pool all afternoon.

Does anyone know if the showers are open at the main pool? I'm considering a late night flight, but there's no point if I can't shower after hanging out at the pool all afternoon.
They were open two weeks ago

I try to avoid golfing views. It's good the world has a variety of people in it. :)

Interesting! Is it partially because the lawnmowers are out cutting the golf course so early? DH loves golf, so he doesn't mind, but I know it bothers some people.

Didn't hear the mowers either while staying in building 11. Most of the time we're on the move, but the times we were in the room were peaceful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter