OKW sleep concerns...

NewJerseyDVCMembers

One contract is never enough!
I'm taking the In-Laws to OKW. My Father-in-law needs to sleep sitting up (He sleeps in a recliner). He thinks he can sleep in the living room chair with the ottoman. I don't think that will work for the week.
Before I call MS, does anyone know if I can rent a "Hospital" chair from someplace. I'll call MS later this week, but I would appreciate any information you've got now.

Thanks.

There are a number of medical supply houses however all I think they will have is mechanical lift chairs and hospital beds, see what the rates are. I'd guess you could simply rent a recliner from some regular rental companies but that would be a hassle and likely not reasonable for just a week. Talk to the resort in question and see if they have anything to offer or suggest. Worst case is you go to Sam's or somewhere similar and buy the cheapest recliner you can, then ship it home or donate it. I have a few links I've gotten related to scooters, I'm sure there are many others. The Disabilities Board might be your best bet for information.

Follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES Board, then look for the disABILITIES FAQs thread near the top of the board. There are some phone numbers and links there for the local medical supply places that DIS posters have reported good experiences with. At least one of them rents recliners (it's on the page the link takes you to).

I'm wondering if he might be able to make himself comfortable by using the pull-out along with some pillows and the sofa / chair cushions to make a "sit-up" type of bed. Or is someone already sleeping on the sofabed?

married@wdw said:
I'm wondering if he might be able to make himself comfortable by using the pull-out along with some pillows and the sofa / chair cushions to make a "sit-up" type of bed. Or is someone already sleeping on the sofabed?
I was thinking that too. It would certainly be much more comfortable than that hard side chair and ottoman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter