Old Key West... Are you people nuts?

Montana Disney Fan

<font color=blue>GAT-Master Extraordinaire<br><fon
We just stayed at OKW for 7 days and loved it. We always love it. So far, it's our favorite DVC location.

Why?

7 minute drive to Epcot

Biggest 2-Bedroom in the DVC franchise

Great pool, sand play area, and brand new Water Slide!

Great Views with huge patios (and fan on the patio!)

Close parking to the room

That's just to name a few. Now, like everyone else, we are going to try other places for a while as we've stayed at OKW three times (twice as DVC owners). In retrospect, I should have purchased resale here. Live and learn.

I've never stayed at my home resort so we'll probably try that next. If I owned OKW though, I'd have a tough time trying anywhere else. It's just so awesome!

BCV owners love these posts too!!! Yea, OKW....it is the BEST!!!!

;)

Beca

One of DH's co-workers is a long time DVCer owning at WL. He has never set foot in there! He & his family love OKW!
We will be doing our 1st OKW stay this December, so hoping we'll like it just as much as you do!
nice to hear your stay was magical! :sunny:

Jean

CarolynK said:
We BWV owners love posts like this...thanks :goodvibes

Hehe, BWV is also awesome. I just hate "humpin" the luggage to the room from the parking lot. I love the BW area and restaurants though. Never tried the BCV. I heard they were not very nice.

Montana Disney Fan said:
Never tried the BCV. I heard they were not very nice.

Absolutely....BCV's are terrible!!!

:wave:

Beca

To quote an old, but not forgotten, favorite DISer -- Rich

"BWV room are generally 25% smaller than OKW rooms, the points are 25-100% higher per night, the dues nearly 25% higher per point, when you put this all together, BWV dues are 75% higher per sq ft per night than OKW.

Then comes the WOW factor. Walking into a tiny BWV one bedroom unit leaves one at a loss. The first thing that you notice is just how tiny the unit is. We have found this to be quite convenient. Its nice to be able to reach in to the fridge from the balcony to get a beer without getting up. Cleanup is real easy. You can clean the whole unit with one paper towel standing in one place. No worry about kids getting up and wandering around at night without you noticing, they can't take more than a step without bumping into you.

Walking into a one bedroom or larger unit at OKW is breath taking. You are immidiately taken with the splendor and granduer of the units. You realize that you are home....it does have its drawbacks. Young children can get lost in all that space. You get winded walking from on bedroom to the other. All these problems are made up for by the ability to park right in front of your unit. There is nothing better than coming home at night, parking your car and taking twenty or thirty steps to your room.

Many consider OKW the only 'real' DVC resort."

Rich are you LOL at this?

Montana Disney Fan said:
Hehe, BWV is also awesome. I just hate "humpin" the luggage to the room from the parking lot....(snip)...
That's what Bell Services & valet parking is for, LOL! Give 'em a tip and pretend you're Mr. Big!! ;) :teeth:

Best wishes -

I suspect we'd feel the same if we had a car. With no car, and evenings spent in Epcot half of the vacation or more, we really like BWVs (probably BCVs too - but haven't stayed there) for the ability to walk home.

JimC said:
Its nice to be able to reach in to the fridge from the balcony to get a beer without getting up. Cleanup is real easy. You can clean the whole unit with one paper towel standing in one place. No worry about kids getting up and wandering around at night without you noticing, they can't take more than a step without bumping into you.

That's so funny! Are they really THAT small? I thought they were the same size as the BWV, SSR, VWL and so on?

OKW has bigger units.

BWV, VWL, BCV and SSR - are about the same.

disney tried something with BWV - making it smaller and part of the hotel - they were also building. It was a success - so they decided to make the rest of the DVC resorts the same way. Smaller, so they get more units in the same area.

you can fit the entire 1-bedroom at BWV into just the livingroom (includes dinning and kitchen) area at OKW. so OKW is that much bigger.

dianeschlicht said:
SSSSHHHHHHH! Let's keep OKW our little secret. :teeth:

I was going to post the EXACT same thing - you beat me to it!!! :rotfl: Besides, when I show people the photos of the 'real estate I own' in Florida, OKW looks like Florida!!

lisareniff said:
Thanks for the quote Jim. I loved reading Richyams posts! :goodvibes

Me too! Wasn't there some comment about those long hallways at BWV and how it was like a scientific experiment of rats in a maze? I forget the exact wording, but I remember in January, we were in a 1 BR that I think was the furthest from the elevators at BWV. DS couldn't understand why I was giggling every time we walked down the hall. I kept thinking "I feel like a rat in a maze!"

Simba's Mom said:
Me too! Wasn't there some comment about those long hallways at BWV and how it was like a scientific experiment of rats in a maze? I forget the exact wording, but I remember in January, we were in a 1 BR that I think was the furthest from the elevators at BWV. DS couldn't understand why I was giggling every time we walked down the hall. I kept thinking "I feel like a rat in a maze!"

More of Rich's humor for BWV hallways: :goodvibes

"Some people feel the location of BWV is worth dealing with the tiny rooms, high dues, high point schedule and 1.2 mile walks to your room."

"...When you begin the trek to your room, its not that bad, you walk to the end of the huge lobby and then enter the first hallway.....the end vanishes in the distance on the horizon.....you finally reach that first goal, begining to feel worse for the wear.....turn that corner and another endless hallway reaches to the horizon......many members feel there should be a rest stop somewhere along this expanse......reaching the end of this leg of your journey brings relief, but alas, its only temperory as you round that corner and see yet another endless corridor stretched out before you......It exhausts me just reliving that trying experience again in my mind."

"BWV, only DVC resort with halls long enough to require rest stops!!!!"

Walking into a one bedroom or larger unit at OKW is breath taking. You are immidiately taken with the splendor and granduer of the units.

Do you feel this way when you walk into an OKW Grand Villa? I took the SSR tour before it wound up that we bought an OKW resale. I thought the SSR was breathtaking. Especially the Grand Villa from the second floor. Is the OKW Grand Villa that breathtaking or better? This year we are treating my husband's 4 siblings and their spouses/others to a family reunion. We want them to be impressed. Has anyone stayed in the OKW grand villa? With how many people? How did the sleeping arrangements go?

We leave on Sat. for our very first stay at OKW and you have made me soooooooo excited!!!!!! :Pinkbounc
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter