One Day w/ Max Pass...How Much Can We Do?

SD33

Mouseketeer
How much can you accomplish in one day with Max Pass and a park hopper? We would be doing mostly e-ticket attractions, all adults, no kids. Looking at a single day in the parks either August 18th or 19th. Any tried and true Disnerd planners care to take a stab at this? :-D

Here are my notes from Aug 24, 2017. Two adults, AP, MaxPass.

You’ll have to decipher it, but maybe it will help. Time ranges are often from when I got in line to when I got off the ride. When you see “Got FP (1145-1245) @ 935”, that shows you that I pulled the FP at 935, and the return time was between 1145-1245.

Looks like we did wverrhing we wanted in DCA by 300, and then knocked out a few things (including a parade) in DL before we left around 7.

Left home @703 (eta 820)

Arr Toy Story Parking @ 825

Through security by 845

At turnstile @ 850

Got FP for GOTG (935-1035)

Standby Soarin (850-933)

Got FP for RSR (1145-1245) @935

Mike and Sully (940-944)

Used FP at GOTG (946-1005)

Breakfast at SBucks (1010-1030)

Ariel (1037-1049)

Golden Zephyr (1051-1056)

Silly Symphony Swings (1058-1112)

---Got FP for TSMM (1140-1240) @ 1106

Mickey's Fun Wheel (non swinging) 1115-1150

Used FP for TSMM 1152-1211

Used FP for Cali (1212-1220)

---Got FP for GOTG (225-325)@1214

King Triton's Carrousel 1224-1231

Lunch at Cove Bar wait(1234-1241) 1241-115

Used FP for RSR (119-149)

Got FPfor BTMRR (250-350)

Luigi 150-209

Mater 211-230

Used FP for GOTG (234-300)

Crossed to DL @ 307

Columbia 314-355

---cancelled BTMRR FP

---Got FP for BTMRR 435-535

Found spot for parade 405

Mickey's Soundsational Parade 430-505

--Got FP for Star Tours (525-625)@435

Used FP for BTMRR (510-525)

Got FP for Buzz (530-630)@525

Used FP for Star Tours (534-552

Used FP for Buzz (553-600)

Ate at Pizza Port (6-630)

Bought snacks for later

Left park at 7pm

At Toy Story Parking by 713

Left at 717 (eta 825)

Home 830

The first time we used MaxPass was Sunday, Aug. 23, 2017. We are usually much more laid back in the park and tend to take in more shows and wander but were excited by seeing how much we could do with MaxPass. Our focus wasn't on riding everything but on riding a lot and on doing favorites more than once. We also had the next day in the parks and visit several times a year so we weren't necessarily trying to pack everything into one day. I do have a list in the order that we did things but with no times, so it will at least give you a sense of how much can get done.

Outside the gates before 9 AM opening
Peter Pan
Alice
Toad
Space (I can't ride Space anymore so did Buzz twice while waiting)
Star Tours
Big Thunder
Disneyland Railroad
Guardians (I rode Monsters Inc while the rest of the family went)
Ghirardelli for samples and browsing
Toy Story
Screamin'
Lunch at Carnation Cafe
Buzz
Break in the hotel room
Star Tours
Haunted Mansion
Soarin'
RSR
Luigi's
Guardians (I did SR on RSR while the rest of the family went)
Dinner
Toy Story
Screamin'
Mater
Monsters Inc
Shopping
Back to hotel, probably sometime between 9 and 10 PM

We were more relaxed on Monday, August 24 but used MaxPass that day also.

Probably got into the park around or just after 9 AM opening
Pirates
Beignets
Indy
Star Tours
Autopia
Buzz
Guardians (um...I was right...this ride is not for me)
Donut break
Bread factory walk-through
Toy Story
Screamin'
Lunch and churro break
Mickey and the Magical Map
Grizzly River Run x2, once with a Grizzly fp and once with a Grizzly fp that had turned into a multiple experience pass when Grizzly was down earlier in the day
Break in the hotel room
RSR
Screamin' (I skipped the Grizzly ride and rode Toy Story with my multiple experience pass while everyone else rode Screamin')
Dinner
Summer of Heroes movie clip show
Guardians
Star Tours
Buzz
Fireworks

This may not totally apply to you. But I did a one day, one park ticket back in December with Maxpass. We got through 7 rides by 11am (12 rides total for the day), so if you make progress similar to this, you should be able to handle a parkhopper (with major rides) with no problem. There was no Magic Hour for DLR. The times are all guestimations :)

* Arrived at M&F lot at 6:50 am. Got on tram and arrived at turnstiles at about 7:20am.* (We came from West LA, and left at 6:00 am sharp).
- They scanned our tickets at about 7:35 am, so we booked our first fastpass for Space Mountain for 8:30am.
- Arrived to the rope at 7:45 am (we took a few pics on Mainstreet of the beautiful garland on our way :))
- Power walked to Peter Pan, and were on and off the ride by 8:19 am.
- 8:25 am we walked onto Buzz Lightyear; got off at 8:30.
- The wait time for Space Mountain was only 5 minutes (I know, shocking), so we cancelled our Maxpass and just did standby. We finished that by 8:50am. While in that line we booked our fastpass for Indiana Jones for 9:20am
- After Space Mountain we did Haunted Mansion and Pirates since they both had 5 minute waits.
- We then did Indiana and by this time it was 10 ish.
- We booked a nearly instant return time for Matterhorn, did that, and were done at about 10:45am.
After Matterhorn, we decided to do an early lunch in order to beat the lines. Plus we had been up since 4 am, and were just hungry lol.

While eating, I checked Maxpass times for the main rides at DCA, they were all still very early and not used up. So I would suggest whatever side you start on, periodically check the other park to see how the times are going. Also, make a game plan on what you really want to do! If we did do a parkhopper that day, we would've skipped Peter Pan and Buzz.

I was there today, 1 adult with maxpass. In four hours (11-3) I did:

- Haunted Mansion with fastpass
- Indy x2 single rider (it broke down right at the end and they let us go again, but I would’ve had time to go back around in that same time)
- BTMRR with fastpass
- Space Mountain single rider
- Buzz with fast pass
- Lunch at tortilla jo’s Counter service (sat down to eat)
- Walked through a few stores back into the park
- BTMRR with fastpass
- Space Mountain single rider

At that point it was 3pm and I could have jumped on Matterhorn with fastpass or gone over to RSR single rider, but I was feeling slightly queasy from space and just slowly meandered my way out of the park instead. I needed to be heading back to the car by 3:30 anyway.

You should be able to do everything that you want! My sister and I did it with our kids and hit all of the main big rides. We started at DL, then went to CA, then back to DL & finished at CA with RSR. MaxPass is awesome!

Max Pass is good for both parks right? So if we had a park hopper and wanted to half day in each park it would work for both?

you can do alot. We went in Dec 27-31 and trust me the parks were PACKED. We got MP one day and we we did all the rides we wanted some even twice. We could have easily done so much more but we decided to take a slower pace for that trip. I say get MP it is definitely worth the price.

So this is very doable! Thank you all for your replies! Knew I came to the right place ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter