Only using food, where do you live?

It's a cheesesteak, but with marina and pickles. Washed down with a cold A-Treat Diet Birch Beer And Peeps for dessert.

Steak salad. Most people forget an important ingredient...

pittsburgh-steak-salad.jpg

Also the sandwich...

primanti-pastrami-1569006397.jpg

You must be nearby but not here (we have grandma pies and Taylor ham egg cheese on a hard roll).
Yes, there’s a lot of overlap for the whole NYC metro area. I live on Long Island. LOL, thought the iced tea would give it away. I’ve never had Taylor ham, but it is sold in some stores here and my SIL from Jersey loves it!

I would also say, in general, delis, bakeries, and diners, the kind we’re used to, are hard to find once you leave the area.

For breakfast, pastelitos and cafe con leche
Lunch, Cuban sandwich
Dinner, Ropa Veja and a mojito
Late night, medianoche

I don’t think Delaware is noted for any particular food. A year or so ago some website had a story such as “ The top foods from all 50 states.” For Delaware: chicken. Just chicken, no specific type or style. The photo was fried chicken.

Yes, there are plenty of chicken farmers in southern Delaware and some processing plants.

Speaking of which, this is my new career: ripping the guts out of chickens after they’re killed and plucked.

View attachment 600934

I googled Iconic Delaware foods.

LOL they really do claim "chicken" as an iconic food. No kind of chicken is listed. Just "chicken." They even had a back story about the origins of Delaware chicken. Some lady thought she ordered 50 egg layers and got 500 chicks. So she went into the chicken raising business. I mean most places either had to invent a particular chicken dish or popularize it to be iconic such as Chicken Tetrazzini But not Delaware. Chicken. They also claim such generic foods as "Peaches" "watermelon" "lima beans" "ice cream" and "Macaroni and cheese" as iconic. Dang. We've got the makings of an iconic meat and 3!!!!

Ok here's some that I might consider.

Muskrat. HAHAHA.
Creamed Chipped beef. Oh God.
Slippery dumplings. Pretty much dumplings rolled flat. T

Well if those were my truly iconic foods, I'd try to list "chicken" too.

But they also list foods that are more iconic elsewhere like Blue Crab and Scrapple,

Is that steak salad pic from the Monroe? Great, now I want one. I know what's for dinner tonight!
No, not the Monroe. The salads from Monroe are HUGE! Just a random pic from the net, but the sandwich is from Primantis website.

And yeah, a steak salad from Monroe does sound good right now. Thursday is shift change of the production crew and they usually order from Monroe. May have to order lunch this week.

Yes, there’s a lot of overlap for the whole NYC metro area. I live on Long Island. LOL, thought the iced tea would give it away. I’ve never had Taylor ham, but it is sold in some stores here and my SIL from Jersey loves it!

I would also say, in general, delis, bakeries, and diners, the kind we’re used to, are hard to find once you leave the area.
I have family on LI, more in common than not (Long Island iced teas were my favorite back in the day). I think the delis, bakeries and diners are a solid reason why we can never leave, the first thing famiy who have moved away do when visiting is to head out for food.

Sewin and samphire, lobsters, crabs, laverbread and cockles, salt marsh, lamb, bara broth, cawl …. cups of tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter