Oogie Boogie 2004 Dates! 3 Dates in August!

joseph821

DIS Veteran
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ev...-adventure/oogie-boogie-bash-halloween-party/

https://mouseplanet.com/dates-and-details-for-disneys-halloween-events/48172/

Three Dates in August: 25, 27 and 29!

Oogie Boogie Bash at the Disneyland Resort​

OBB-DLR-1024x683.jpg

Oogie Boogie Bash returns to Disney California Adventure on 27 nights in 2024. Photo courtesy Disney.
The after-hours party at Disney California Adventure expands to 27 nights this year, running select nights August 25 thorough October 31. Disney hasn’t said when tickets will go on sale, so stay posted, but we do know the exact dates:
August: Sunday, Aug. 25; Tuesday, Aug. 27 and Thursday, Aug. 29
September: Tuesday, Sept. 3; Tuesday, Sept. 10; Thursday, Sept. 12; Sunday, Sept. 15; Tuesday, Sept. 17; Thursday, Sept. 19; Sunday, Sept. 22; Tuesday, Sept. 24; Thursday, Sept. 26 and Sunday, Sept. 29
October: Tuesday, Oct. 1; Thursday, Oct. 3; Sunday, Oct. 6; Tuesday, Oct. 8; Thursday, Oct. 10; Sunday, Oct. 13; Tuesday, Oct. 15; Thursday, Oct. 17; Sunday, Oct. 20; Tuesday, Oct. 22; Thursday, Oct. 24; Sunday, Oct. 27; Tuesday, Oct. 29; and Thursday, Oct. 31.
Pricing has yet to be released.

Last edited:
Halloween has become big business and a revenue generator for Disney and other businesses!

::sigh:: already feeling some anxiety over whether we'll be able to get tix this year. Last year was such a disaster, and although Disney has implemented the new "queue callback" system, I don't think it's been stress-tested with an event that carries the same level of demand as the OBB. Because this is such a popular event, I'm not mad they added dates in August - I would advocate for them starting even EARLIER in August (like they do with the Halloween party @ WDW).

We are booked to stay at the Grand Cal and our trip does overlap with 1 party date. (Selfishly) really disappointing that they don't offer some sort of presale to guests staying on-site. Or, at the very least, bring back the small pool of tickets available to Disney hotel guests for sale the morning of the event...

I made a hotel reservation that will cover two dates (though one is on my arrival day so that never great). I hope I get the one I want. Maybe since it's an early September I'll have a better chance than closer to the actual holiday. MNSSHP is my favorite time to visit WDW so I'm really excited to experience the West Coast party. Luckily I have a ton of flexibility for changing my airfare and hotel so honestly if I get any date I'll make it work.

I made a hotel reservation that will cover two dates (though one is on my arrival day so that never great). I hope I get the one I want. Maybe since it's an early September I'll have a better chance than closer to the actual holiday. MNSSHP is my favorite time to visit WDW so I'm really excited to experience the West Coast party. Luckily I have a ton of flexibility for changing my airfare and hotel so honestly if I get any date I'll make it work.
Honestly, the biggest hurdle (based on how things worked last year) is going to be getting through the queue to even have the option to purchase tickets. Last year, the demand was so great that some people were in the queue for hours, and either never got through (the queue closed before they could purchase tickets and they were kicked off), or (as you said) the dates they wanted were no longer available when they finally made it through. It was a mess, and a lot of people were left very disappointed.

Honestly, the biggest hurdle (based on how things worked last year) is going to be getting through the queue to even have the option to purchase tickets. Last year, the demand was so great that some people were in the queue for hours, and either never got through (the queue closed before they could purchase tickets and they were kicked off), or (as you said) the dates they wanted were no longer available when they finally made it through. It was a mess, and a lot of people were left very disappointed.

I will say, West Coast Disney fans are very engaged! I'm slightly scared of the queue and I've done hotel apocalypse for Comic Con.

I get that Halloween has become bigger than Christmas for Disney but I wish Halloween would be limited to October or maybe including the last weekend of September.

I also wish Christmas would not begin until Thanksgiving weekend as well.

Too much of the year is Halloween/Christmas and of NBC season where Halloween & Christmas collide as they are putting up Christmas during Halloween (specifically the snow on the Castle) and as they are removing Halloween.

Let's see how they go about selling tickets this year as last year was huge failure.
We want to go but it's like trying to Comic Con tickets now

Some people hate how Halloween is in August...me....haha I love it

Nothing is happening then anyway give me more Halloween. I love both Christmas and Halloween and very good with them lasting as long as they can...also the demand is there....this event sells out in hours. So what is Disney suppose to just leave money on the table and make it where less guests get to have fun? To me this is a win

Man I hate Halloween creeping into August. It gets more time than Christmas now. (We love Halloween, but two months is plenty! We don’t need to go during “Halloween” for 1/4 of the year!)
100%. I’ve done Oogie Boogie. Although I enjoyed myself, it wasn’t an experience I need to have every year, or even every other year. I doubt a few extra dates will make the parties less crowded on the whole. I pray they don’t start adding even earlier nights next year, although I don’t think Oogie Boogie is quite as disruptive as MNNSHP is at WDW. I’ve posted previously that during my five night trip in August 2019 the MK closed early for parties 2 nights. Irritating to say the least.

I’ll say this: I’m a local, Magic Key holder and DVC member. I am clearly a demographic they don’t care about appeasing. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm disappointed but not surprised that they chose to skip over the Halloween Half Marathon extended weekend for the parties. I'm doing the 10K Saturday and was hoping they would have a Sunday night party.
I was also hoping for a Sunday night party. I suppose they might still announce one as an after race party but I'm not holding my breath.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter