Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

It's the same wording every year about a "special offering for MKs/APs". It's been a lot of random things, but it's always a special trail with some sort of treat/giveaway

ETA: although if remember correctly one year it was replaced with a special photo op 🫠. People were not happy waiting in a long line just for that lol. That's back when it was MHP at DL. So I guess not always when Disney decided to cheap out on us lol

Fingers crossed it's at least not a photo op again.

Wasn't there a photo opp along the treat trail last time? I vaguely remember my friend posing with some sort of backdrop...

Hang on, found it.

Attachments

• 2022-10-24 - Special Events at DCA - Disney California Adventure Park_.jpg
    2022-10-24 - Special Events at DCA - Disney California Adventure Park_.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 24
Wasn't there a photo opp along the treat trail last time? I vaguely remember my friend posing with some sort of backdrop...

Hang on, found it.

Yeah, but this was a magic shot I believe, though. And that was the only offering 😂. 2017 from my quick search?

I haven't dug through the MHP thread from that year yet on Disboards.

Yeah, but this was a magic shot I believe, though. And that was the only offering 😂. 2017 from my quick search?

I haven't dug through the MHP thread from that year yet on Disboards.

The photo above is from the Magic Key Trail last year. Some backdrop only, strangely with Photopass. Not much, but at least it seems they combined all of their meagre efforts of the past years. lol

The photo above is from the Magic Key Trail last year. Some backdrop only, strangely with Photopass. Not much, but at least it seems they combined all of their meagre efforts of the past years. lol
I know, I was there for it 😂. I'm just saying they fully cheaped out on us one year and offered a photo op with magic shot only. I had to look it up because I skipped it after learning what it was. A long line was not worth a magic shot.

I think most if not all the MK offerings always include a backdrop photo op location now? The one for lunar new year lacked a photopass CM, though, and had just a little "set your phone here to take a photo after you set a timer!" stand 💀. So here's hoping there's one for OBB 2023.

Oh! They've also done a special rice krispie treat too! And a bag with it (like a bigger treat/reusable bag). Plus more of the "regular" treats handed out on other trails.

I do like when they give out useful things. I still use those straws they gave away at one point (obviously not at a party lol)

I know, I was there for it 😂. I'm just saying they fully cheaped out on us one year and offered a photo op with magic shot only. I had to look it up because I skipped it after learning what it was. A long line was not worth a magic shot.

I think most if not all the MK offerings always include a backdrop photo op location now? The one for lunar new year lacked a photopass CM, though, and had just a little "set your phone here to take a photo after you set a timer!" stand 💀. So here's hoping there's one for OBB 2023.

Oh! They've also done a special rice krispie treat too! And a bag with it (like a bigger treat/reusable bag). Plus more of the "regular" treats handed out on other trails.

I do like when they give out useful things. I still use those straws they gave away at one point (obviously not at a party lol)

Sorry, I completely overread 2017 in your reply. I don't get to do the Magic Key stuff too often sadly. I did a Halloween themed one in Launch Bay in I think 2019? That had a backdrop too, with Photopass. Even if I am around I usually forget because anything with characters has higher priority. lol

Do folks primarily dress in Disney-themed costumes for OBB? We’ve done MNSSHP in WDW many times, and there it’s a mix of Disney, non-Disney and Halloween tees (or no costume). So just curious how party attire compares on the west coast?

Do folks primarily dress in Disney-themed costumes for OBB? We’ve done MNSSHP in WDW many times, and there it’s a mix of Disney, non-Disney and Halloween tees (or no costume). So just curious how party attire compares on the west coast?
Primarily Disney but certainly not exclusively Disney, and there are plenty of Halloween t-shirts or costume-less people, too.

Does anyone know when the dessert party at Sonoma Terrace can be booked?
I've asked the same question. All the information is gone from DL website on dessert party specifically. I guess, keep waiting and see what comes up. Maybe they are letting the dust settle after the complete debacle with the sales of the tickets alone, before they start offering more sales of something during OBB.

I've asked the same question. All the information is gone from DL website on dessert party specifically. I guess, keep waiting and see what comes up. Maybe they are letting the dust settle after the complete debacle with the sales of the tickets alone, before they start offering more sales of something during OBB.
Just checked, and my purchase confirmation for last year's dessert party was August 23.

A little off topic, but still Halloween related - I've been looking to book a Happy Haunts tour for my trip in October, but it's not an option. Does anyone know if they'll bring it back, or if it's gone for good?

The Train Tour is also not showing - only 100th, Walk in Walt's Footsteps, and the private VIP - so I'm curious if they are becoming more seasonal than year-round.

A little off topic, but still Halloween related - I've been looking to book a Happy Haunts tour for my trip in October, but it's not an option. Does anyone know if they'll bring it back, or if it's gone for good?

The Train Tour is also not showing - only 100th, Walk in Walt's Footsteps, and the private VIP - so I'm curious if they are becoming more seasonal than year-round.

Did the Train Tour ever come back after the Covid closure? I didn't see it when I checked for my April trip either.

The Orange County Register: Don’t buy those $750 Oogie Boogie Bash tickets on eBay — Disneyland is watching

Per MousePlanet - “Disneyland resort teams have an established process for investigating resold tickets that may be voided where appropriate, according to Disneyland officials.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2023/07/...-bash-tickets-on-ebay-disneyland-is-watching/
Too bad it’s the people who purchase them rather than the sellers who end up screwed

I wouldn’t agree that they are “just as much” yes they’re not supposed to buy them but people do because they missed out for whatever reason

It’s the sellers who are way worse
I get what you mean (i am one that missed out), but the bottomline is if no one buys them, they wont sell them, & wont scalp them next year. The only reason they do it is to double their money (or triple or more), they wouldn’t even bother if they only made $10-$20 per ticket.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter