** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

Success with Costco! Thanks goodness I didn't stay on hold 2.5 hours after I got through to Costco. I didn't ask for the per person costs knowing how swamped everything is! I will update the 5/20 date when I get my invoice.

Wonder 5/20/2019 5C 2A1K (3) $8508 [?] no ins/trans/air/OBB
Wonder 9/7/2019 5C 2A1K (3) $8174 [?] no ins/trans/air/OBB
Nice, glad you got through. My Costco person is still on hold with Disney...she did say a guy in her pod got through to Disney before her, though, so maybe it was your agent!

S Fantasy 8/10 Eastern Caribbean 7A 3A No ins/trans/air Yes OBB $6,402.36
S Fantasy 8/18 Western Caribbean 7A 3A No ins/trans/air Yes OBB $5,892.39

Now the question is are these prices decent enough to say "Let's go on a Disney cruise!" ...We don't know. Our TA told us her backlog was SO BIG that we had to pick our top 2 and this is what we chose.

Did you by chance mean 8/17 for the second quote...?

That's what I wondered. We are NOT using a placeholder this time, so I didn't take any chances and called Costco directly (we need the Costco Cash to make this cruise happen). Almost 5 hours ago. She is still on hold with Disney...

I am wondering about this too, but I am holding out hope with the few reports I have seen on this thread of past success. I asked the agent today and he didn't mention losing the gift card. I am taking my chances when I book for my in-laws tomorrow because online booking is way too tempting compared to doing this all again. I should probably have split us up to book two today, but I just don't want to deal with any confusion with my in-laws. They already think I am way intense about planning trips!

I just got my call from my Costco agent at 11:30, so hopefully you will hear soon. I got off the phone as quickly as possible to let him move on to the next booking. He said he got busy tones for an hour and dialed over 1000 times before he got through. I made sure to let him know I appreciated his help and to wish him luck for the rest of today and tomorrow. Also, our Costco Gift Card will be for 8.1% of the total fare.

Nice, glad you got through. My Costco person is still on hold with Disney...she did say a guy in her pod got through to Disney before her, though, so maybe it was your agent!

Probably! That is so funny.

No, it's definitely the 8th. On page 1 it looks like a Platinum booked the same cruise in a category 5E.

I think I was looking at the Dream whew...! Thank you for being patient with my tired eyes! :)

Caught up to here. :thanks:

I am wondering about this too, but I am holding out hope with the few reports I have seen on this thread of past success. I asked the agent today and he didn't mention losing the gift card. I am taking my chances when I book for my in-laws tomorrow because online booking is way too tempting compared to doing this all again. I should probably have split us up to book two today, but I just don't want to deal with any confusion with my in-laws. They already think I am way intense about planning trips!

I just got my call from my Costco agent at 11:30, so hopefully you will hear soon. I got off the phone as quickly as possible to let him move on to the next booking. He said he got busy tones for an hour and dialed over 1000 times before he got through. I made sure to let him know I appreciated his help and to wish him luck for the rest of today and tomorrow. Also, our Costco Gift Card will be for 8.1% of the total fare.

Probably! That is so funny.
Thanks for the info! Good luck tomorrow! Hoping we'll have success soon here!

Aug 8, 2019

G 5A 2A $13249.50 no ins/trans/grat yes OBB
G 10A 2A/2K (15,12) $11492.40 no ins/trans/grat yes OBB

Got though and booked! Yay!

S 7A 2A1K $6393.27 [2574|2574|842.40] w/tax no ins yes OBB

One other odd thing i noticed is when I placed a hold on a cruise yesterday I was only able to see cabins on the PORT side of the ship. No matter what cat I chose, only port. I had asked for one on the Starboard side initially but the CM had said they were all gone on that side too. :scratchin Would Disney hold back like that..? Can the ENTIRE ship side be booked solid by Gold day? Edited to add - this is the British Isles cruise... it isn't one of the crazier ones to get and there are tons of open cabins on the port side.

After 3 hours on hold....we booked the highlighted (Secret obstructed/porthole connecting rooms)

Alaska Wonder July 22 2019
10A 2A1C (age 9) $7234 no insur/no trans/no grat/YES OBB

Alaska Wonder Aug 12 2019
10A 2A1C (age 9) $6478 no insur/no trans/no grat/YES OBB Will add $471 insur
10A 2A $5495 no insur/no trans/no grat/no obb Will add $408 insur

Alaska Wonder Aug 12 2019
11B 2A1C (age 9) $5407 no insur/no trans/no grat/YES OBB

hmmm, the costco rep I was talking to said they were moving to a new system where they will call back once they got in touch with disney. Took down the details of the cruise. Been over an hour and I have not received the call. Others seem to have waited on the phone and got through and now I wonder....

That's awesome!!
I'm still trying to just get through, all I get is a busy signal :(

Was hoping we'd finally be on the same cruise but no, I'm looking at the Icy Strait cruise two weeks before yours.

Argh how frustrating! I asked my TA to do it and he came through this morning. Whew!

I know! I was all set for August or May but I told my TA to book the cheapest sailing and this one saved us over a thousand dollars from any other date so we took it!
If my brother and sister-in law and their daughter go then we'd have to move it earlier, and we'd be willing to pay extra so they could come but for now they cannot commit to any cruise.
Who knows...we may end up on the same cruise after all if they change their mind!

Been trying to get through all day. :( I guess I'll book online tomorrow when it opens to general public. Does anyone know what time booking opens online? I've always had a travel agent do it but decided to book myself this time. Is it midnight, like online check-in?

Been trying to get through all day. :( I guess I'll book online tomorrow when it opens to general public. Does anyone know what time booking opens online? I've always had a travel agent do it but decided to book myself this time. Is it midnight, like online check-in?
I'm still on hold if you want me to book for you when I get through?

I put a request in through a DU TA for the first time. They assigned me Jana. I just checked my Disney reservations and it looks like she got through because I see the two dates I asked about listed. One surprising thing is that I requested main seating for dining and it’s showing second seating.
You should be able to go in and change that - even with a TA booking. The system automatically defaults to late so maybe she forgot to request main.

Finally got my quotes. I don't have the detail by passenger.

S - Dream 6/14/2019 5 night Bahamas Double Dip 5C 2A1K (age 15) $5,853 no ins/trans/air/OBB
S - Dream 6/19/2019 4 night Bahamas Double Dip 5C 2A1K (age 15) $5,355 no ins/trans/air/OBB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter