OT: Help - where to eat at Universal Studios?

simba_one said:
Inside the actual park though I think that the place on the left right as you go in (name also escapes me - something to do with Frankenstein though) is the best. It's the normal "theme park food" served up here buy who cares. There's a nice patio to sit on outside (a lot less busy than the eating areas at Doc Browns - NIGHTMARE!) and the service inside is always good - even though it is a takeaway.

I have a feeling Frank N Stein is closed permanently. I have an AP and have been there tons of times within the past year and have yet to see it in use.

As for restaurants inside Universal Studios...
I have found that most anywhere there surprisingly reasonable. I've been impressed by the El Pollo Loco place that serves Mexican food towards Back to the Future. Half a chicken, beans, rice, and tortillas is only $7.99 and there's enough chicken there that two people could share.

Doc Browns is very good, but right now it's very closed. Hehe. They're redoing it or something. I've had Mel's and it's pretty good. Also have had Panda Express "downstairs" and the combo choices there are much more limited than the regular Panda Expresses. The lines for there are pretty bad a lot of the time, but not as bad as Jurassic Cafe which is ALWAYS insane. There's also a place near the very front called...I think Hollywood Grill? Something like that. Anyway, if you're there early and haven't had breakfast, they sell breakfast there. Oh, and Cinnabon, oddly enough...I've found to be cheaper than the ones in the mall. Go figure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter