Other iconic spots in the park

Caumann

Earning My Ears
For those of us feeling a bit blue about missing out on that iconic Disneyland castle photo - what are some other favourite iconic photo spots?

I know we'll try to get a shot in front of the Pixar Pal Around . We'll also try to get a shot in front of it's a Small world as well. I'd love your favourite photo locations :-)

I always liked the photos of the submarine lagoon from the Matterhorn line area. It was especially cool back in the day when the mermaids sat on the rock.

The picture of the Mickey flowers when you first enter Disneyland, the backdrop of the train station. There's usually a line for pictures, though.

The partner statue. You can edit the photo to blur out the castle in the background so you can't see the construction
If the River Boat is running, when that is sailing along the river
If astro orbiter is spinning, that with Tomorrowland in the background
Fire Station on Main Street

If you want to throw in some DCA pictures:
Carthay
Street Leading down to Carsland
Flo's at Night
Grizzly Peak when you are walk out of Carsland..the top looks like a wolf? I think? You can get different angles throughout the park of it
Pixar Pier Sign. Luxo is on top now

Monorail platform above the submarines, do a selfie with one of the subs in the background. Selfie with the MonoRail behind you. Pics in New Orleans Square with one of the boats(Mark Twain or Columbia) behind you. pixiedust:

In addition to the other spots mentioned, I would still take the photo in front of the castle, so that in the future you can look back on it and say "that was the trip when the castle was under refurbishment!" While not as picturesque, it's still part of the trip.

While not really "iconic" in the sense of the buildings, taking photos in the example ride vehicles can be fun (like the Tea Cup and the Mr. Toad ride car in FL).

Mainstreet Train Station, top of the steps with Mainstreet USA behind you. Inside the Mainstreet Train Station w/the train map behind you or on the platform with the train in the Picture(ask for help from the Train CMs). ::yes::

I always like a shot at the Monorail platform in Tomorrowland with the Matterhorn in the background. Along the rivers of America is good, too—especially in the mornings when there are few people.

If you want to throw in some DCA pictures:
Carthay
Street Leading down to Carsland
Flo's at Night
Grizzly Peak when you are walk out of Carsland..the top looks like a wolf? I think? You can get different angles throughout the park of it
Pixar Pier Sign. Luxo is on top now

Another one is the statue of Walt and Mickey, and unlike the one at DL. you can go right up to it and pose with it.

The Matterhorn !!

This. The first time I went to DL after having been to WDW a few times, I found it somewhat underwhelming. It's true - that castle is pretty small-time compared to MK! I read some advice on here like forever ago, that Sleeping Beauty's Castle is not the show-stopping view, but rather it's the Matterhown (or the two juxtaposed together). If you draw your eye toward that majestic mountain you see a more "impressive" impression of Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter