Other Options...

When are you starting up your review? I am looking forward to reading. SE Asia is very high on our list -- my daughter and I will likely go in December, 2018.

Can you share the name of the local tour company you were given? Which Nat Geo tour did you take? We would also like to visit Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. A lot of tour companies seem to skip Laos.

Hi WDW Groupie, our guide recommended 3 companies for private tours. It depends on how comfortable you are going with an in-country operator. 2 of the ones she recommended are strictly in-country in that they don't have offices outside of Vietnam so you would only be dealing with someone who is located in Vietnam. The other one she recommended does have an office in the US. The one with an office in the US is Insider Journeys. The two located in country are Buffalo Tours and Handspan. We used Buffalo Tours to do some day trips on our pre-days and had a really good experience with them. They have some pre-set trips that you can choose from or you can contact them and they will create something for you or you can create something out of their day trips. Handspan also has some pre-set trips or your can completely customize a trip with them. We will probably use Handspan for our trip in 2019.

Hi Everyone, sorry it's taken so long but life got in the way. First blog post for our trip to South East Asia aka Indochina is up. I'm working on the next one now. I will get them up as quickly as I can but I've just started a new job and I'm having computer issues at home so I will get them up as quickly as possible.

Hi Everyone, sorry it's taken so long but life got in the way. First blog post for our trip to South East Asia aka Indochina is up. I'm working on the next one now. I will get them up as quickly as I can but I've just started a new job and I'm having computer issues at home so I will get them up as quickly as possible.
I'm looking forward to reading your posts! DH and I are eyeing a couple of Nat Geo hiking trips for next year.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts! DH and I are eyeing a couple of Nat Geo hiking trips for next year.

Which ones are you considering? I've done England Coast to Coast and Hiking the Emerald Isle and am doing Hiking Patagonia later this year (with CaliforniaGirl09 who was also my partner in crime for England Coast to Coast; I had to take my husband to Ireland, lol).

Which ones are you considering? I've done England Coast to Coast and Hiking the Emerald Isle and am doing Hiking Patagonia later this year (with CaliforniaGirl09 who was also my partner in crime for England Coast to Coast; I had to take my husband to Ireland, lol).
We are looking at the Italy and France ones, and planning for either May or October 2018. I'd never heard of these adventures until you and CaliforniaGirl09 mentioned them, but they look fabulous.

Hi WDW Groupie, our guide recommended 3 companies for private tours. It depends on how comfortable you are going with an in-country operator. 2 of the ones she recommended are strictly in-country in that they don't have offices outside of Vietnam so you would only be dealing with someone who is located in Vietnam. The other one she recommended does have an office in the US. The one with an office in the US is Insider Journeys. The two located in country are Buffalo Tours and Handspan. We used Buffalo Tours to do some day trips on our pre-days and had a really good experience with them. They have some pre-set trips that you can choose from or you can contact them and they will create something for you or you can create something out of their day trips. Handspan also has some pre-set trips or your can completely customize a trip with them. We will probably use Handspan for our trip in 2019.

Thank you!
Your pictures and descriptions are amazing. This makes me really, really want to visit there soon!

My (almost) 15 year old dd and I are booked on the December 27th Abercrombie and Kent Antarctica trip. It is now sold out so I am glad that I booked when I did. There are plenty of kids on board (A&K charters the entire ship) so that will be good for my dd!

We watched a lot of A&K youtube videos about this trip before we made the final decision. I am excited. Now I just have to figure out the airfare.

I will do a report when we return about the journey. Nothing fancy but I will post pictures and a general overview of A&K.

My (almost) 15 year old dd and I are booked on the December 27th Abercrombie and Kent Antarctica trip. It is now sold out so I am glad that I booked when I did. There are plenty of kids on board (A&K charters the entire ship) so that will be good for my dd!

We watched a lot of A&K youtube videos about this trip before we made the final decision. I am excited. Now I just have to figure out the airfare.

I will do a report when we return about the journey. Nothing fancy but I will post pictures and a general overview of A&K.

Definitely interested in your impressions of A&K. I have a couple of their Africa trips flagged.

I'd be interested to hear your impressions of A&K as well. I have a few of their trips flagged that interest me.

Hi Lula, I left the link in a message on your profile page.

Your pictures are so vivid and full of life! I can't wait to go on a SE Asia trip with my daughter. It will likely be with ABD in December, 2018 for 2 reasons: so she can be with other teenagers and ABD is one of the only companies that has a family trip that visits Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.

I am looking forward to your next installment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter