Our 30th Anniversary Trip!!

CandyMouse

DIS Veteran
I thought I'd try to do a trip report from our Memorial/ Anniversary weekend trip.
It was our 30th Anniversary earlier in May and we decided to do a 3 day DL getaway. We actually went on our honeymoon 30 yrs ago and have done trips about every 3yrs with our grown kids now. This is the only other time we've gone by ourselves besides our honeymoon! ♥
I'm not used to writing trip reports, so bare with me! I'll see if I can post a picture of our Anniversary shirts we wore the first day.20220619_080829.jpg

Last edited:
Ok it worked!! Woo Hoo! I had to resize the picture that we got with photo pass. We've never done that before, but since it came with the Genie+ we ended up getting a couple pictures. I have to say we had the most Awesome trip and were able to see WOC, Electric light parade and Fantasmic with fireworks after! We rope dropped every day and did whatever we wanted and it was so wonderful! I'll continue more on our trip later!

Last edited:
Great shirts and what a perfect way to celebrate your 30th anniversary! Looking forward to reading your trip report. We honeymooned at WDW 38 years ago when it was just Magic Kingdom and Epcot had only been opened a few years. Our family goes to WDW more often and haven’t been to DLR in 22 years. My DD and I are taking a girls trip to DLR this fall so am looking forward to reading about your trip!

Great shirts and what a perfect way to celebrate your 30th anniversary! Looking forward to reading your trip report. We honeymooned at WDW 38 years ago when it was just Magic Kingdom and Epcot had only been opened a few years. Our family goes to WDW more often and haven’t been to DLR in 22 years. My DD and I are taking a girls trip to DLR this fall so am looking forward to reading about your trip!
Thanks, it was great! We've never been to WDW, that's awesome you and your DH honeymooned there, maybe some day we'll get there too, but we love DL! Sounds like a fun trip for you and your DD to DL.

We flew in Friday night and stayed at BWPPI for the first time. We've stayed at Desert Inn the last few times and I think they're both pretty good. BWPPI has a nicer breakfast with more food choices and that was a great start to the day.
We decided to start all 3 days in DL with park hoppers and ended up being a great decision since RSR was down the whole weekend! Bummer! It's one of my favorite rides! Still I love DL the most and I'll do more rides there.
We mostly were excited to see all the night-time shows again and do what ever else we could do.
So we rope dropped Saturday morning and decided to hit ROTR first and it was great with about a 25 minute wait. I know a lot of people don't want to waste so much time in the morning, but it was just us and we loved it!

20220528_075111.jpg20220528_075139.jpg
A couple rope drop pictures! It seemed like Saturday was our least busy day.

We enjoyed the first few hours going on rides with low wait times and decided to mobile order a couple treats we've been wanting to try from Jolly Holiday.

The Raspberry Macaron and Mine Cart Brownie.
20220528_095411.jpg20220528_095433.jpg20220528_095942.jpg
They both were good but very sweet, we only ate a few bites each. It was fun to try them though!

Those treats from Jolly Holiday do look yummy. We have been eyeing that Raspberry Macaron.
Yes that what I was wanting to try also. There were a lot of raspberries and the cream was really good, the cookie was a little sweet but it was very good. It was a lot bigger cookie than I thought it would be, so you can definitely split it with someone else.

Congrats on your anniversary! We just finished a trip to DLR too, and I also finally got to try those raspberry macarons. So delicious! We split 2 of them between 7 of us they were so big! I felt they lived up to the hype and will definitely try to get them again next trip. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Congrats on your anniversary! We just finished a trip to DLR too, and I also finally got to try those raspberry macarons. So delicious! We split 2 of them between 7 of us they were so big! I felt they lived up to the hype and will definitely try to get them again next trip. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Thanks so much! Yes I'm reading your report too. I couldn't believe how big those cookies were and I'm definitely a cookie person! 😆 We're lucky to be going on another trip in November, so I'll get other family members to try the Raspberry Macaron!🙂

So after those yummy treats, we headed over to small world and I think Matterhorn. Love both those rides.
We then decided to try and use photo pass and get pictures in front of the castle, that was a neat perk with the genie+. We happen to come over to the castle right when the DL band was performing, so awesome! It was definitely one of the highlights for DH and I!
After we enjoyed listening to the band, we ended up getting our pictures taken in front of the castle. It was nice to have a few pictures of us together, because neither one of us can do selfies well.🤣20220528_103245.jpg20220621_122620.jpg20220621_122947.jpg

Love the shirts! That mine cart brownie is cute. Looks hard to eat, though!
Thanks we ended up getting the shirts from etsy before our trip. My DH ended up scraping the sugar off the top of the brownie and then we had a few bites. The frosting was really good, I think it was buttercream and the brownie was pretty good also, maybe a darker chocolate.

I tried to post a video of the DL band, but it didn't work. My DH had a couple pictures of the band and the castle/crowd after they finished their performance.

Resized_20220528_105946~2.jpgResized_20220528_110915.jpg

Sometime after doing our pictures we headed down main street and saw the Dapper Dans go by singing on the horse carriage. I got a little video at the end of their performance, but can't post it. We tried seeing them again another day by the fire station, but unfortunately they were having technical problems and had to end after one song. We always love seeing them!
There was one thing I was hoping to get on this trip, because I've always loved MSEP and that was the loungefly backpack. My DH talked me into getting the ears also!
I took a picture later when we got a dole whip at tropical hideaway.
20220528_151433.jpg

We hopped over to CA park later in the evening and did a few rides before going to our WOC Dessert Party. This is what my DH was looking forward to the most. I love it too, but I couldn't wait to see MSEP again! It's had been years since we had seen it last.

Here's a picture of the dessert plate.

20220528_201822.jpg
Mickey wheel before the show.
20220528_205648.jpg
Then the show!

Attachments

• 20220528_210424.jpg
    20220528_210424.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220528_210619.jpg
    20220528_210619.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Resized_20220528_211030.jpg
    Resized_20220528_211030.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220528_212525.jpg
    20220528_212525.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 7
Congratulations on your anniversary!! Gotta love a hubby who tells you to make purchases :rotfl: Those sweets!! I'd be in a sugar coma, but I'd have a smile on my face!! Looks like you had a great spot for your WOC photos. So glad you had a good time!!

I loved the dessert party so much! That view was great, and you took some great pictures. We didn't get any full family pictures in front of the castle this trip, and now I regret it! Glad it worked out for you two!

That MSEP merch is so cute!

Congratulations on your anniversary!! Gotta love a hubby who tells you to make purchases :rotfl: Those sweets!! I'd be in a sugar coma, but I'd have a smile on my face!! Looks like you had a great spot for your WOC photos. So glad you had a good time!!
Thanks, it was the best anniversary! I'd been eyeing that backpack before the trip but wasn't sure about buying it, but DH insisted on it. :goodvibes Those sweets were a bit much, that's why we only ate a few bites each, you definitely need to share with a few people! It was a great spot to watch WOC with the dessert party, we really enjoyed it. We were put at a table with two very nice ladies, so that was good.

I loved the dessert party so much! That view was great, and you took some great pictures. We didn't get any full family pictures in front of the castle this trip, and now I regret it! Glad it worked out for you two!

That MSEP merch is so cute!
Yes the dessert party was fun, glad your family got to do that too! We've never done any photopass pictures before so it was nice to get a few with the two of us. So far it looks like you have a lot of great pictures from your family trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter