Our 30th Anniversary Trip!!

So after we saw WOC, we decided we'd go over to web slingers to see if it was a short wait. We lucked out with only about a 15 minute wait, so that was fun.
Then we headed back over to DL to try and catch the second showing of MSEP. It had been years since we'd seen it last, so I was very excited!

Loved the train!
Resized_20220529_225741.jpgResized_20220528_230700.jpgResized_20220528_230855.jpgResized_20220528_231000.jpg
We really enjoyed it and that was a great way to end our first night!

We started our second day in DL again and rope dropped Peter Pan, gotta do that one early. People walk very fast and run, so we had about a 15-20 minute wait which wasn't too bad. I just wish they would have some kind of order so people wouldn't run. I don't remember what all we did, but I know Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, Alice and other Fantasyland rides. We also did the Castle walk- through for the first time with the story of Sleeping Beauty, pretty cute.
My DH saw Geppetto and I took a picture of them together. We also saw Genie when were in line for Alice, but sadly didn't get a picture. I didn't take many pictures this time, but we got a few with the photopass photographer in the teacup, so that was fun!20220529_084119.jpg20220627_193629.jpg

So after we did a lot of Fantasy land rides we decided to go on the horse carriage ride down main street, we've never done that before. My DH was talking with the CM and told him we saw the Dapper Dans on the horse carriage singing the day before. I guess if you time it right you can go on the same time as them. That would have been pretty cool, but it didn't happen.
We headed over to my all time favorite ride, Big Thunder!

20220529_094302.jpg20220529_094938.jpg20220529_095028.jpg
So fun!! From there I don't remember what all we did, but I know we went on a few rides and had a genie+ for Hyper Space Mountain so we headed there next.

20220627_193833.jpg
This was fun seeing a different version of Spacemountain. It's not my favorite ride but it's still fun, I get motion sick on certain rides. I decided to try Star Tours after about 10 years of not being able to go on. Nope I still struggle with that one! I had to keep closing my eyes, I felt so nauseous 😫 Oh well, now I know!
Somewhere around noon we had a reservation for La brea bakery for lunch. First time there, I had a salmon fettuccine and it was good but too much food. I ate all the salmon though, it was a whole filet. I can't remember what my DH had but we both liked it there.
We looked around Downtown Disney for a little bit and headed back across the street to the hotel for a break. It's so nice to be so close to the parks!

It was so nice staying across the street at BWPPI and taking a few hours for a break then coming back to the parks. I don't remember what all we did when we came back, but I do remember walking by ROTR about 8 and it said 60 minutes, yikes! My DH said lets go for it and hope for the best, we got lucky it only took about 25-30 minutes. :goodvibes I'm assuming it was because people were getting in line for Fantasmic or MSEP. Then sometime later we had a Genie+ for Big thunder and rode towards the end of Fantasmic and the line was low so we went again! Fun fun!! So from there we headed to Fantasyland and were able to go on Peter Pan again with a short wait, maybe 15-20 minutes, that was pretty awesome. The fireworks didn't go off that night and we didn't have a show planned since we saw WOC and MSEP the night before, so we decided to watch the 2nd parade that night. We found out later we were sitting in the wrong spot for the parade to go by and a CM said wait I think I have a spot for you. He came back after talking with another CM and said follow me, he put us in a VIP area with benches and took down the rope to let us in! Woo Hoo, pretty cool!

That was a pixiedust moment!
20220627_193731.jpg
Resized_20220529_231444.jpg
Resized_20220529_230548.jpg
Resized_20220529_230530.jpg
Resized_20220529_230458.jpg
That was a great way to end our second day!

What an awesome parade moment! So fun.

I didn't get as lucky as you the last time I rode RotR. I also reluctantly got in a line that said it was 60 min. It ended up being a 100 min wait. I never would have stood in a line with that long of a wait. I entered the line in roughly the same spot as when the line actually was a 60 minute wait, in pre-Genie+ and ILL$ days. I guess they just pushed a bunch of extra-paying people through ahead of us and the wait ballooned. Not fun.

What an awesome parade moment! So fun.

I didn't get as lucky as you the last time I rode RotR. I also reluctantly got in a line that said it was 60 min. It ended up being a 100 min wait. I never would have stood in a line with that long of a wait. I entered the line in roughly the same spot as when the line actually was a 60 minute wait, in pre-Genie+ and ILL$ days. I guess they just pushed a bunch of extra-paying people through ahead of us and the wait ballooned. Not fun.
Yes we were very lucky with the parade seating and ROTR, sorry it didn't work out well for you. It still seems like the best time for rides with lower waits are the first few hours in the morning and during parades/shows. Also of course Genie+, it's a bummer you have to pay so much extra for everything and it makes it hard when you don't get it.

Monday, Memorial day was our 3rd and final day. We again started at DL and rope dropped Rise again, it was a lot busier this morning and people were running and walking very fast! We're not slow walkers, but wow it gets crazy! I still think it was an ok wait, I can't remember, but I'm sure it wasn't any more than 30-40 minutes possibly. Anyway it was fun to do again. So we went on Rise once each day, rope dropped the first and last day, and the second day we got on around 8 in the evening. So we were pretty happy with that.

So we got G+ again and enjoyed a lot of rides over again and got photopass pictures one more time in front of Walt/Mickey statue and castle. This day was the warmest with beautiful blue skies, the first two days were overcast, which was not too bad weather for us because we can burn very easily. We did fine though and wore sunblock as we always have to do. I think the temperature was about 70 the first two days and upper 70-80 the last day. Pretty much perfect for us, a little warm the last day.

This day we had reservations for River belle for lunch about 1:15 and we upgraded to the Fantasmic package, the food was pretty good. My DH got grilled cheese with brisket, baked beans and tater tots and I got the catfish with baked beans and tots also. Luckily they were able to do mine without all the spices, it was supposed to be blackened catfish. I have sensitivity to spicy foods and didn't know what I'd be able to get, so the waitress was very kind and said she would check with the cook, I really appreciated that! We both got the chocolate dome for dessert that had some kind of sponge cake, sorbet with berries, fruity pebbles and sauce to poor over it, a little different but not too bad. We didn't eat the chocolate dome at all so I don't know how that was. Sorry I didn't take pictures, but overall it was a pretty good meal. We got tickets for the first showing of Fantasmic.

20220628_092245.jpg

20220628_092314.jpg

After we had our lunch we went back to our hotel and took a few hour break again so we could stay late. When we came back we had gotten a couple G+ ride reservations for Hyper Space Mountain and Matterhorn. Unfortunately I felt sick again ( motion sickness ) after riding Space Mt., so we didn't end up going on Matterhorn again. I could have maybe made it for later but DH said he was good and we did some other mellow rides until it was time to line up for Fantasmic!

20220627_193846.jpg
Waiting for the show to start.

20220530_203256.jpg
We got a good spot in the center, a couple rows back.

20220530_203430.jpg

20220530_210238.jpg
20220530_210622.jpg
Resized_20220530_210609.jpg
20220530_211551.jpg
20220530_211557.jpg20220530_212209.jpg20220530_212502.jpg

We did one more ride on Jungle Cruise after Fantasmic and Fireworks since it was a low wait. Then we decided to get a dole whip and some food at Tropical Hideaway before we left on our final day. We were so tired, but had the most wonderful trip! The only thing I really missed was RSR because it was down the whole time we were there. I guess there was some kind of mechanical problem that caused smoke from one of the cars a few days before we got there. We also missed Pirates this time, as it was down for a refurb. We still had a great time and look forward to going again in November with our kids ( 20 and 25 ) and our Niece and her two kids ( will be 5 and 9 for their 1st trip!! ) I'm very excited to go again, we usually do DL every 3 to 5 yrs! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Thanks for the great trip report! Loved the pictures and what a great view for Fantasmic! It looks like a very fun way to celebrate without kids, and so exciting you get to go back so soon with the kids!

Thanks for the great trip report! Loved the pictures and what a great view for Fantasmic! It looks like a very fun way to celebrate without kids, and so exciting you get to go back so soon with the kids!
Thanks, it was so much fun seeing all the night shows again and I look forward to going with my family this next time! It will be especially fun with my Niece and her kids for their first time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter