Our Family's 2nd Trip to Disney World-Pre-Trippie

I love Monsters, Inc. I think it is one of my favorites!

I too put Photopass on my to do list. It drives my family nuts sometimes because I "make" them stop all the time for pictures. :lmao::rolleyes1

Yay for a one month ticker soon!!

Austin LOVED Monsters Inc.!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely want at least to get a few photopass shots- I don't know if I am willing to spring the 150 bucks for the cd. Maybe I'll buy a few shots though......:wizard:

We had our Monsters Inc. night Saturday night. I stayed up the night before and made these really cute cupcakes- I took a few pictures.

We spent half of the day swimming over at my dad's, then we came home and Austin ate like two of his cupcakes and watched Monsters Inc. before Bill got home. Then I made our Sully's Sloppy Joe's, "Monster"ella sticks, and then we headed off to a local carnival that comes to town every year. We put Austin on a few rides, got ice cream, and went home. Sunday I spent most of the day laying on my bed with a migraine :headache:- feeling much better now though.

I worked today and am getting ready to pack for our little Pocono getaway that we are leaving tomorrow night after work and staying till Thursday. My dad has a vacation house in the Poconos and we go up there once every summer, ride around, go to the Camelback Beach Resort Waterpark (it's the Camelback Ski Resort in the winter), go out to eat, and just have a good time. It should be a good time!!!!

Hey Janine.....by now you are on your little vacation in the Poconos. Good for you! I took a mental health day yesterday. I've been getting stressed as there's a lot of things other than the wedding that are going on with my family and it all got to me on Sunday. Then I was on my way to work yesterday when McDonalds gave me a Mocha instead of a hot chocolate and I burst into tears. Yeah, not a good way to start the day, so I figured I'd stay home and sleep, etc. I really needed it. I'm stronger today, but boy, that's been building up for a bit.

I can't wait to see your Monsters pictures! I bet the cupcakes were adorable! You'll have to share! Oh, and I'm sure you will take some pictures of your mini vacation and I'd love to see those, too!!! :goodvibes

There's no new info on her ptr.....she posted that on mine. I am soooooo bumming!!! She promised me water wings!!!!!:lmao:

Oh, god!!!!!! Stop making me feel so BAD!!!!! Hi Janine! I am bummed too ,but we did have to cancel for September. We have another vacation in august and with the wedding we just needed to reschedule. The wedding was lovely though and we are currently trying to pick a week for next year. I don't think we'll wait until september though, even though that free dining was awesome, we want to go back sooner. We are thinking either April, May or June. I just signed up with touring plans.com and was just looking through the crowd levels.

I'll post on my PTR sometime over the weekend. I'll put up some wedding pictures!

Okay so I am back from the Poconos. We actually came back Thursday evening. We had a good time. We got there Tuesday night around 9:30pm, ordered pizza and went to bed. We got up early Wednesday morning and went to Perkins (a restaurant that we always go to breakfast when we go there). We planned on heading to CamelBeach waterpark for the day on Camelback Mountain, but as we were walking out, it started pouring the rain :scared1:!!!!!!!!!!! So, we decided to leave that for the next day and head over to Bushkill Falls. It actually cleared up about an hour later and wound up being a perfectly beautiful day :confused3. We went hiking down the canyon in Bushkill Falls and saw all the waterfalls there. It was quite pretty. Then, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, then headed back to the house to relax for the rest of the night. The next morning, we headed over to this little restaurant called Ham and Eggs in the the Pan and they serve all of their food in these little frying pans- it was actually quite good. Then, we headed off to CamelBeach. We played in the wave pool, did a ton of slides, went over to the Kiddie park which adults can use too, and then took one of the ski lifts up to the top of the mountain for ice cream!!!! We headed home around 3pm, and got home around 6pm. That was my short but sweet Poconos trip!!!!

So I am still on vacation till Monday- so yesterday I decided to take Austin over to the Mall to pick out his back pack and lunch box- and where of course do I go? The Disney Store of course!!!!! He of course picked out the Toy Story 3 one with the matching lunchbox (very cute) and I got a pink Minnie antennae topper that says Disney Princess on it!!!!!! We also went to other stores and he wound up getting a lime green pencil box, a Toy Story folder, and a Toy Story juice bottle for his lunch box. He was soooo excited to pick this stuff out!!!!

Today we slept in a little, and wound up meeting a friend of mine and her son who is the same age as Austin at Chuck E. Cheese's. The boys had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

So onward with the Disney Planning!!!!!! I cannot believe how close this trip is getting. In just about two weeks our trip has to be paid in full-and then those lovely Disney Travel Documents will be arriving :cloud9: So I have a few more things to do before our trip:

1.) Pay it off!!!!! We currently owe 371.00- which I have most of, I am just holding off till it is actually due :lmao:.

2.) Add the Park Hopper option to our MYW base tix. This will probably be about an extra 160.00. I am not doing this until our trip is paid for, so I have a little extra time. I am just going to call up Disney before our trip and have them add it on and pay for the whole amount of the add on.

3.) Pay for our Checked Luggage. Since Spirit has a new policy where carryon bags are 20.00 each way pp, I am checking two big suitcases (15.00 each way) and we will just be carryon on a backpack or small duffle each(free). That should be more than enough. The good thing , although it is going to cost me 60.00 for the bags, I can pay for one way each week until it is paid off instead of shelling out the 60.00 for the bags all at once.

4.) Reserving our seats!!!!! Spirit has 4 different priced areas to sit in if you want to reserve them ahead of time. We sat right behind the Big Front seats last time- it was also much cheaper then. Their range is Big Front seats which are 50.00 each way pp, then the next section which is 16.00 each way pp, then 12.00 each way pp, then 8.00 way pp, or FREE if you wait till the day of at the airport to pick your seats. My whole thing is I am absolutely not paying 50.00 each way pp for the big front seats- no way, no how!!!! Even the 16.00 and 12.00 is way to pricey- thats 96.00 and 72.00 just to reserve the seats. And... if I pay to reserve the 8.00 seats, that would just be stupid because if I wait till the day of to pick my seats for FREE, I am probably going to be sitting in that section anyway- for FREE. So, again, Spirit has this great little section on their site that gives you a little diagram of your plane, and which seats are open. So this is what I am going to do. I am going to stalk the h*** out of that site up till the day of my trip, if I see that the seats are filling up (because it is important that the 3 of us sit together), I will try to reserve the very first section of the 8.00 seats. If the seats are not filling up, I will just go to the airport a little early that day and pick them. I mean, it is about a 2 hr 15 min flight, I don't care where we sit, I don't even care if it is close to the bathroom (hey the closer the better, I do have a 4 year old that is obsessed with using bathrooms everywhere we go!!!). As long as the 3 of us are sitting together, thats all I care about, and thats 96.00, 72.00, or 48.00 extra in my pocket for spending $$$$!!!!!

5. I have to pick us up a few extra outfits and odds and ends like ponchos and snacks and stuff like that.

So, what does everyone think??????

Hey Janine.....it sounds like your mini vacation was nice. It's always nervewracking to see whether it's going to rain or not. Ugh! I'm glad it all worked out. Your shopping trip sounds fun! Yeah, Victoria is beyond getting the character lunch box and back pack, unfortunately. We'll have to go pick up binders and notebooks soon. Wow! I can't even think of school shopping on top of trip planning and wedding planning. Ok, whose bright idea was this planning a wedding and a Disney trip altogether??? Ugh!!! You and I will have to exchage phone numbers when we are in Disney so we can plan to meet up in Epcot. Maybe just for a quick snack or something. As for how you are doing on your trip planning, I think you are doing so well. Wow! To have only $371 to be paid in full?? That's awesome! I just can't believe your airline makes you pay to self-assign your seats!! What the heck is up with that? That's just plain crazy!! I also think it's crazy to have to pay for carryons! Last time I check, Air Tran didn't do that, but as it gets closer, I will have to check again. I just picked up some extra ponchos at the dollar store. It was a 2 pack for $1

Yeah, wow, that's a lot of extra money to have to spend on picking your seat and carryon bags. It's so expensive to fly these days! Oh well!

And yay for the Disney back to school shopping, we saw a lot of nice backpacks when we were there last week. I loved the Minnie one.

That's great that your trip is almost paid off. It's such a nice feeling after that.

Hey Janine.....it sounds like your mini vacation was nice. It's always nervewracking to see whether it's going to rain or not. Ugh! I'm glad it all worked out. Your shopping trip sounds fun! Yeah, Victoria is beyond getting the character lunch box and back pack, unfortunately. We'll have to go pick up binders and notebooks soon. Wow! I can't even think of school shopping on top of trip planning and wedding planning. Ok, whose bright idea was this planning a wedding and a Disney trip altogether??? Ugh!!! You and I will have to exchage phone numbers when we are in Disney so we can plan to meet up in Epcot. Maybe just for a quick snack or something. As for how you are doing on your trip planning, I think you are doing so well. Wow! To have only $371 to be paid in full?? That's awesome! I just can't believe your airline makes you pay to self-assign your seats!! What the heck is up with that? That's just plain crazy!! I also think it's crazy to have to pay for carryons! Last time I check, Air Tran didn't do that, but as it gets closer, I will have to check again. I just picked up some extra ponchos at the dollar store. It was a 2 pack for $1

Hi Ann!

A Dismeet sounds dandy lol!!!!!!! Yeah, gotta love Spirit Airlines for nickel and diming you every which way. But I guess I really can't complain because I paid under 300 altogether for 3 r/t tix!!!!!!! I bought a 2 pack of ponchos from the dollar tree last time and they tore apart and we had to end up buying the 8.00 "Disney Parks" ones. I was also there in in a hurricane though :laughing:!!!!! The dollar tree has single packs of ponchos for $1.00 that look a little sturdier- I may pick those up for Bill and I, and I have yet to find a childs size for Austin. So much to do.....

Yeah, wow, that's a lot of extra money to have to spend on picking your seat and carryon bags. It's so expensive to fly these days! Oh well!

And yay for the Disney back to school shopping, we saw a lot of nice backpacks when we were there last week. I loved the Minnie one.

That's great that your trip is almost paid off. It's such a nice feeling after that.

OMG Pam- your are talking about the pink sparkly Minnie one right? I seen that one to and fell in love with it :lovestruc. If only they had adult sizes right? I would have to then meet up with you in May so we could wear our matching disney balloon shirts and prance around with the matching Minnie backpacks as well right!!!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I know I should really be in bed right now, but I just don't feel like it. So, I decided to share some Disney info at the witching hour here :rotfl2:!!!!

As you may all know, we are on the FREE QSDP and are flying in Monday 9/20 at night. So, we may only use one meal or snack that night. That leaves me with a spare or two for our last day for lunch or dinner once our meals have ran out. I had made an ADR for Sci-Fi Dine In a month or so ago, and decided to cancel it. Why spend the extra $$$ when I don't have to right? I was a little hesitant at first, but quickly got over it. Thats about 50.00 I could use for something else!!!! Like that gorgeous Cinderella Castle snowglobe that I've been after for two years. That will stay with me alot longer than the turkey sandwich that I had planned on getting from Sci-Fi right :lmao:?????

I have officially starting putting things for Disney to the side in a neat pile. So far, it has a few shirts, flip flops, my new sneakers, and lanyards. Towards the end of August (about a month out from our trip) I am going to get our suitcases down from our attic to "air out". I will probably Febreeze the crap out of them on a daily basis- so they smell pretty rather than smelling like attic!!!!

I still have yet to make Austin a countdown calendar. I think that I am going to do it for 30 days out. I have already had my desk calendar at work all marked up with countdown dates since I booked the trip in January!!!!!

Still so much to do!!!!

I have a few exciting things (they are little, but are really really great!!!) that I would like to share.

First of all, a few pages back I was saying to everyone how I have a ton of Disney Movie Reward Points and was just ITCHING to spend them. So, I did :confused3!!!!!!!!!! I was torn between the princess duffle with the pillow or the Cinderella Pumpkin Coach picture frame. Well, don't you know they were out of the dang frames (for like EVER, believe me, I waited to see if they would replenish their stock), so I settled for the Princess Duffle bag/pillow. I am soooo happy I did. The bag is a bright purple and says "Disney Princess" on it in light purple, and it has a bright pink like roll neck pillow (which is sooo comfortable!!!). The bag is perfect for the plane because it will be able to fit underneath the seat and not considered a "carry-on".

Secondly, I went back to work today after 5 lovely vacation days, but found something AWESOME in my inbox. It was from the Disney Vacation Club, and it said if I call this number they will mail me a 25.00 gift card to use during my trip. So I called, thinking they were going to harass me into buying a timeshare and they didn't!!!! They confirmed all of my info, and told me to go to my inbox and click on the two links all I had to do was browse around, and if I had any questions to call back. I thought it was to good to be true, so when I was done browsing, I emailed the lady back asking how to I redeem my gift card and she said it is already in the mail!!!!!!! How awesome is that!!!!!!!!!!

The Princess bag sounds great! And that's awesome for the disney gift card. Those are little, but big things. I'd be super thrilled too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter