Our First Live Trip Report

Wednesday 8th June - Magic Kingdom

Another relaxed start to the day. The girls wanted to return to MK so we arrived at about 10.30am but I have to say the process of getting from tram to monorail and into the park was horrible - it was just so so busy compared to our normal arrival time. However once into the park and away from Main Street it did improve. We managed to secure fastpasses to all that we needed and had a great day. We are definitely doing the more relaxing stuff now and it's so enjoyable (not that we don't enjoy the 'arriving early' regime, it's just very different!). I commented to DH that next time we should come for 3 weeks, there is still so much that we could do if we had more time and over the last 3-4 days the girls have loved the time in the pool late afternoon. We spent about 30 minutes on the lower patio of The Plaza Ice Cream Palour eating our Ice Creams. It was about 5.00pm by this time so cooler - lovely! :goodvibes

Olive Garden - well another different experience this evening.....

We didn't make it out until quite late but we managed to get a table quickly - good start :thumbsup2. We order a starter to share - Calamari and Fried Zucchini - very nice. Waiting for our main courses and then all the lights went out! Turned out that the grid on that side of the road had gone down so no chance of further cooking - oh no! By this time it was about 10pm so the thought of going somewhere and restarting the process was not appealing! So we went across the road to the Ale House (the other side of the road was not effected) and ordered a couple of take outs. So an interesting evening and no food pics to share as a result :-(

they sometimes have a bottomless offer....
the salad is always bottomless, but sometimes they offer a pasta dish that's also bottomless....

No sign of this on the menu - perhaps it's a lunch time thing as suggested by Wayne?

A few pictures from MK.

_MG_3963.jpg

I love Crystal Palace as a building. We didn't go there to eat this time although we have in the past, normally lunch.
_MG_3973.jpg

Again I love the facades on Main Street
_MG_3979.jpg

_MG_3986.jpg

_MG_3991.jpg

I could take pictures like this all day but the park is always too busy. I would love to be in the park when no-one else is there - great photo taking opportunities. Does anyone know if you have an early breakfast (before park opening) at Crystal Palace are you able to wonder around and take photos. Presumably most areas are roped off until park opening?

Thank you for reading. Today is our last park day before we leave tomorrow. :-(

Last update later - we are returning to Universal today. I don't think its going to be at all relaxing!

We have friends who were in MK yesterday, they got there for opening and did the main rides early, then it got really busy. They stayed right thru to the fireworks.

Loving the updates :)

We have had early breakfast a few times at CP - and you can go as far as the castle - normally you can get a picture with an empty Main Street which is good :thumbsup2

How about a picture of your villa - I always like to see them (sad I know!) We have stayed at WH a few times - in one of the Townhomes and always enjoyed it.

Enjoy your last few days :goodvibes

the bottomless pasta offer is never on the menu..
when they have it, it's on a special card that's on the table....
and sometimes not even on the table...
when i was in houston (and then in detroit a week later) i asked whether it was available and they brought me the specials card...

so sorry you hard a black out....that's very weird...was it bad weather at the time?

have a safe trip home!!

so sorry you hard a black out....that's very weird...was it bad weather at the time?

No bad weather at all - very strange?? DD11 has decided that we will return to Olive Garden this evening to finish where we left off. Never made it to Texas de Brazil, we'll have to try again next time.

So at the moment we are back at the villa after a day at Universal. I've done a little bit of packing :-( . Everyone else is in the pool. I'm refusing to do anymore as it makes the departure more real. I'm in denial and stringing out the holiday now!!!

We definitely had it confirmed today that if you are going to Universal at this time of year you either need to arrive for opening or buy a Universal Express pass or stay on-site for a couple of days. It is getting really busy now and the place is full of college kids on trips etc. We arrived at about 10.30am. Queues everywhere - yuk! HPFJ 150mins::eek: We managed one ride on Ripsaw Falls and that was it! Everywhere else was 45mins or more, might be OK for some but thats too long for us and I really resent paying for the Express passes after we have paid for admission. We knew it would be like that and didn't mind as we had done everything we needed to on other visits. We went into HP land and wanted to try 'Butterbeer' but the queues were crazy, even for that! Never mind, we can look forward to it on our next trip.

Something I have discovered this holiday is 'Frappacino'. I know they do it in the UK but it is so much better here. Yummy whipped cream on the top!

We left the parks at about 5pm and did some shopping at 'Quiet Flight' in Citywalk. We like all that surf stuff.

Quick question - the girls want Crocs - does anyone know if they have a shop at Premium Outlets or anywhere else? We plan to go shopping tomorrow morning before having lunch and making our way to the airport. Thanks in advance for any replies. :goodvibes

So once again just a few pics from today. We have had an amazing holiday and I will post an update when we arrive home. If we have anything notable to eat this evening, particularly dessert, I will try to post later. But otherwise thank you so much for being on this journey with us, hope it hasn't been a boring read, and thank you to all who post their tips and experiences, you really do make a difference to my, and no doubt the holiday of many others. :worship::worship::worship::worship:

Diane, Andrew, Daniella & Isabella xx

_MG_4012.jpg

_MG_4005.jpg

_MG_4032.jpg

Quick question - the girls want Crocs - does anyone know if they have a shop at Premium Outlets or anywhere else? We plan to go shopping tomorrow morning before having lunch and making our way to the airport. Thanks in advance for any replies. :goodvibes

Definitely Crocs shop at Premium Outlets...it's at the back of the complex, along from the the Converse store. If you don't have time, or would find it easier, there is also one at MCO before you go through security.

Been great reading your live reports...have a safe trip back.

Paul

So sorry your holiday is coming to an end ... I have enjoyed every minute of your report and your wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

when you go to olive garden tonight - unless it was last night, these time differences are confusing to me - anyway, ask if they have any specials..

thanks for taking us along on your holiday!!! it wasn't boring at all!!!
i so enjoy these, you'd think i'd be nice and do one when i'm there, but i'm always too tired....so thanks for taking the time and effort to write it up and post pictures!!

and speaking of pictures, that last group from universal - you can see how the kids and DH aren't exactly having a magical time.....yes i think the only way to do universal now is with that front of the line pass....which of course means the standby people wait even longer...(since they don't stagger people through the day like fastpass)..

enjoy your shopping and have a safe trip home!!! :goodvibes

Enjoying all your updates - you've done well to put so much info into a live trip report.

Hope you have a good shopping morning.

What a brilliant live TR! We'll be flying out in 19 days so reading your TR has really turned up the excitement level:goodvibes

May I just thank you for taking the time to post throughout your trip.

We all love a Good TR and yours certainly has been:flower3:

Just read from start to finish.Lovely trip report and I always admire people who have the time on their holidays to report back to us jealous guys.:happytv:Fantastic report and some lovely pics. Having never been to DC I am suprised after reading so many good things that you had mixed feelings but then everyone has their own likes and dislikes.
Some lovely food pics and love the puddings and Jilko.As we are staying at AKLV will now definatley book a nice romantic meal their for me and DB. Have a safe trip home.:thumbsup2 Your older daughter is a mini me.:lovestruc

Definitely Crocs shop at Premium Outlets...it's at the back of the complex, along from the the Converse store. If you don't have time, or would find it easier, there is also one at MCO before you go through security.

Thank you - we found it. The girls now have a pair of Crocs each so they're happy!

Well you've probably guessed that we are back. Landed yesterday morning at Gatwick at 6.30am. Back in our house by 8.30am :thumbsup2 Good return journey with no hitches apart from the girls getting a touch of air sickness :guilty:. Felt very jet lagged yesterday but feeling much better this morning.

These are the highlights from this trip.

Going out in the evening with the girls. This may seem a strange one but because they are getting older and therefore more manageable we had great fun in the evenings eating out. Our last trip was in 2008 and they just didn't have the staying power to last until late, understandably.

The House at Windsor Hills - first time we have had a house with a pool. In 2008 we stayed in a townhouse at Emerald Island, in 2006 we did 'the 4 in a hotel room', there were a lot younger then but never again! We had so much space, the house was well equipped and having the pool to come back to in the afternoon was fantastic. However girls want to stay in AKL next time - so bye bye to all that space and our own pool - do they have villas there?

The Waterparks - I think we happened to strike lucky with the crowds on the days we visited but I have never had such a relaxing time in them - great fun. Again I think this also has something to do with the age of the girls now but they were happy to give everything a go which meant you get to do more things as a family.

Crowd levels leading up to 6th June. The parks were great, with the exception of DHS on a Star Wars weekend. Yes the parks were busy but nothing compared to being there at Easter. After 6th June the crowds definitely picked up and the Summer Camp kids are in full flow now.

The weather - we had one afternoon thunderstorm the whole time we were there - the rest of it was sunshine all the way :goodvibes

To many rides to mention that we loved as a family. DH & I still think TofT is the best ride of all and I would say Toy Story Mania is the best family ride.

Best Meal - I would say The Ale House for value and atmosphere. We really like it there. Thank you again to all who helped me find it after my first failed attempt! And of course I loved Jiko for my birthday meal.

Lowlights - not many really. As I mentioned before I was a bit disappointed with Discovery Cove but I think that's mainly about expectations.

So I think our next Disney trip will be in 2014 or even 2015 - that seems such a long time to wait but it will come around quickly.

We are thinking of going to a different part of Florida next Easter - has anyone ever been to Clearwater?.........

Diane x
:)

Whoops I forgot to say 'Thank you' for all your kind words about my trip report. I enjoyed doing it but appreciation makes it even nicer. x

Welcome home and thanks for taking time to post whilst there I really enjoyed your updates:)

thankyou for yor lovely live trip report, ive looked forward to it every day.....happy planning fo your next trip

Welcome home:goodvibes
AKL have the DVC villas, maybe look into renting points, never done it myself but its a way many do it. http://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/resorts/animal-kingdom-villas/rooms/

We once did a split stay 2 weeks in Orlando then 1 week in Clearwater, totally disliked it, such a comedown after the parks, we were bored silly for a week but didn't help not having a car.
We have been back down since a couple of times for day trips and love it for that, just wouldn't ever stay there a week again, couple of nights max.
Even when we go for a Florida stay without parks we still prefer to stay around the same area, allows us to goto both coasts, Feb we didn't do the parks but visited Clearwater, St Augustine, Cape Canaveral, Titusville, saying all that we are not beach fans, last thing I would do is sit on a beach so we are all different.

Thank you for the live report, its been great following you around.:thumbsup2

Sounds like a great trip.

Not a huge clearwater fan but do like the gulf coast.

Have you ever been to Anna maria island? We love it there.

Would like to spend a week on the gulf coast either at anna maria or maybe just a villa a bit further out.

Tarpon springs and caldesi island were good aswell.

Think you could easily fill a week over the gulf coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter