Our First Live Trip Report

It must take a bit of work keeping a live update going, so thanks and it was a great read

It must take a bit of work keeping a live update going, so thanks and it was a great read

I have done a few over the past few years, some nights I am a little too tired to post, sometimes like Feb the net connection is useless and very difficult to post but most nights I have a couple of hours relaxing with a drink and internet time before going to sleep so I don't find them difficult to do, worst part is probably uploading photos to Photobucket, if its a day where I want to post a lot of pics it can be a slow job.
For me it adds to my holiday enjoyment, I hope people are interested in what we are doing and it helps give others ideas for future trips.
I hope Diane has enjoyed posting as much as we have reading.:goodvibes

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip - welcome home!

I've been to Clearwater, it was nice for a change of pace, however, we went for a couple of days, and this was really all we needed.

I have just read this and enjoyed sharing your trip with you.

I enjoyed it so much I will go onto the other board and read some more I think :thumbsup2

It wasn't too onerous, I just built it into my routine. Every afternoon I would sit whilst the girls were in the pool and review my photos, upload and start to write the report, with an ice cold beer in my hand! :goodvibes, then generally I would finish it late at night whilst the girls were asleep.

worst part is probably uploading photos to Photobucket, if its a day where I want to post a lot of pics it can be a slow job.

We had a very good internet connection at Windsor Hills so not a problem.

I hope Diane has enjoyed posting as much as we have reading

I really enjoyed it and I'm really pleased it proved so popular. Every morning the girls would wake up and were dying to know if we had any responses and how many views our thread had received! They got into it too. :goodvibes

I wouldn't hesitate in doing another one on our next visit.
:)

Might have to rethink the Clearwater idea for next year. Sounds like there isn't too much going on there?

I have done a few over the past few years, some nights I am a little too tired to post, sometimes like Feb the net connection is useless and very difficult to post but most nights I have a couple of hours relaxing with a drink and internet time before going to sleep so I don't find them difficult to do, worst part is probably uploading photos to Photobucket, if its a day where I want to post a lot of pics it can be a slow job.
For me it adds to my holiday enjoyment, I hope people are interested in what we are doing and it helps give others ideas for future trips.

It's also a great reminder to yourselves when you get back as to what a great trip you had, too.

Having done a couple myself, I agree with Wayne that it somehow adds to the enjoyment.

i always enjoy your trip reports Wayne and very much appreciate you taking the time!!!

Even when we go for a Florida stay without parks we still prefer to stay around the same area, allows us to goto both coasts, Feb we didn't do the parks but visited Clearwater, St Augustine, Cape Canaveral, Titusville, saying all that we are not beach fans, last thing I would do is sit on a beach so we are all different.

Years ago, we used to be real beach fans, but not any more. We will go for a day to Cocoa Beach or to Clearwater and enjoy it, but like Wayne, we prefer to stay in the Orlando area even if we aren't going to many of the parks. It gives us lots of options. We've driven to St Augustine, Fort de Soto, Clearwater, Daytona, Cape Canaveral, Titusville etc etc but always like to keep Orlando as our base.

I am different, when we have been lucky enough to visit in the past or on any holiday I try to not use computers or phones. I use them so much at home, that I like to forget things for a fortnight.

I am the same with newspapers etc, I just want to forget everything for a while.

True story - we went with a couple before we had kids and all they talked about was finding an english pub and what football was on. Unbelievable really considering you don't have to travel 4500 miles to spend every evening doing that.

True story - we went with a couple before we had kids and all they talked about was finding an english pub and what football was on. Unbelievable really considering you don't have to travel 4500 miles to spend every evening doing that.

I love sport (especially Rugby League) but finding an English pub and watching it is the last thing I would do in Florida.
A few years ago Leeds United were in some final(must be a lot of years ago:rotfl2:) I remember walking around the Mercado on Idrive and seeing a pub with a sign out "$10 cover charge to watch football" we might have gone in for a drink while passing and catch up on the score but no way would I pay for it, we walked straight passed:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter