Our first magical trip - Complete

Isila

There is a big beautiful tomorrow
So on 13 march, got up at 6.00am. Off to Ds's room, just a small whisper "we're flying to disneyland today" and he got up at no time. Grabed our bags and off to the airport for 8.15am flight to Riga. Ds first time to fly!!! Check in was fast, plana was small, but Ds was sooooo excited. Short flight just 50 min and we're in Riga. Now nothing but to wait for 2h25min for our flight to Paris. That was a long wait. As we didn't get our breakfats at home, we went to a cafe and had a pizza. Oh, what a bad pizza it was. Not such a good start. The wait time passed so slowly, it was so boring... But the time came and here is one happy kid flying to Paris to meet Mickey. Sorry, to meet Buzz :lmao:
DSC_0025.jpg

It took us 3 hours to fly to Paris. Plane landed at 13.10 as planed. Oh my, the airport is huge, we got lost, took us sometime to get to baggage claim. And it took sometime to get my luggage, I was one of the last. Then we rushed to the door and there she was a lady driver from ezyshuttle. Oh the excitement!!! So impatient, so looking forward finally to get to DLP. And then.. Oh wow!!!!What a feeling - I saw the castle... I just could not believe my eyes.

First to at Santa Fe to drop off my friend and her DS and we're off to HNY. Amazing, just amazing... Tickles in my belly, heart doing crazy beating :lmao:
As a man came to take our luggage I finally realised - yes, we're here.

We entered HNY and it was just breath taking. Just like we dreamed, right? Stright to the check in to find out our room wasn't ready. Who cares? Got the tickets and went to the park. Walked throught Disney Village and just didn't know where to look - it's Disney Disney Disney. and were're here. It's not dream - I can see it, touch it, smell it :lmao::rotfl: it was just around 15.00 when we arrived at the magical place.

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

Bag check, ticket check.. and ...
DSC_0082.jpg

we decited to go with a flow and we to Frontier land. Just walked around, took pictures and kept screaming "we're here" and "look at this". I'm sure you could tell it's our first time in DLP :lmao:
DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

and then - surprise, we came across Mickey!!
DSC_0103.jpg

oh, and there was Goofy too
DSC_0113.jpg

We went to see how did Robinsons live on an island
DSC_0124.jpg

Admired pirate ship
DSC_0163.jpg

and got totally lost trying to find the right way out
DSC_0184.jpg

Admired the castle while waiting for the parade
DSC_0199.jpg

and few moments later started dancing, waving, singing along and claping hands
DSC_0210.jpg

and then all could hear was Ds screaming "Mum, it's BUZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Oh yes, Buzz.
DSC_0225.jpg

We met "nice" ladies too
DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

after parade we took teh ride on Disneyland railroad. It was the last day before this rides closes
DSC_0267.jpg

after getting of at fantasyland station we came to tea cups and there was no queue. So we rushed and got ourselves a lovely cup
DSC_0276.jpg

Oh yes, before that DS bought a CARS hat :rotfl:

after tea cups we went to carousel. I was too excited so didn't take a photo :lmao:

after the ride we walked around again. It was getting cold and we were tired and hungry. I suggested Plaza gardens, we went for it, had to stand in gueue and then DS decided he doesn't like the place... Oh well, off to HNY.

Finally, our room was ready. It was 2115 and it took as time to find it. I felt like in a maze of corridors :lmao:

DS voted for Park side dinner and I agreed. And it wasn't a mistake. Food was lovely, staff so nice and coctails wonderful. DS asked for a Buzz Lightyear one and I decided for a New generation one. But.. The menu was in French and our waitress wasn't so good in English... I couldn't figure our wich one was with alcohol and one without. Got with no alcohol. Oh well, I was fine with it. And I admint - it was one of the best non alcohol coctails I ever had. Shame I forgot my camare in the room and was too lazy and tired to go back to take it.
If you could only see my DS eyes as his coctail arrived. It was a Buzz glass with lightning Buzz sticek to the straw. and the waitress said he could take all of this with him.
The Buzz slept in the bed with DS that night :lmao:

After dinner we went to bed, I couldn't sleep - too exited, too tired, it wasn't my bed at home at I hated the pillows. and how can you even sleep in DLP? :lmao:

Second day coming up later.

So on 13 march, got up at 6.00am. Off to Ds's room, just a small whisper "we're flying to disneyland today" and he got up at no time. Grabed our bags and off to the airport for 8.15am flight to Riga. Ds first time to fly!!! Check in was fast, plana was small, but Ds was sooooo excited. Short flight just 50 min and we're in Riga. Now nothing but to wait for 2h25min for our flight to Paris. That was a long wait. As we didn't get our breakfats at home, we went to a cafe and had a pizza. Oh, what a bad pizza it was. Not such a good start. The wait time passed so slowly, it was so boring... But the time came and here is one happy kid flying to Paris to meet Mickey. Sorry, to meet Buzz :lmao:
DSC_0025.jpg

It took us 3 hours to fly to Paris. Plane landed at 13.10 as planed. Oh my, the airport is huge, we got lost, took us sometime to get to baggage claim. And it took sometime to get my luggage, I was one of the last. Then we rushed to the door and there she was a lady driver from ezyshuttle. Oh the excitement!!! So impatient, so looking forward finally to get to DLP. And then.. Oh wow!!!!What a feeling - I saw the castle... I just could not believe my eyes.

First to at Santa Fe to drop off my friend and her DS and we're off to HNY. Amazing, just amazing... Tickles in my belly, heart doing crazy beating :lmao:
As a man came to take our luggage I finally realised - yes, we're here.

We entered HNY and it was just breath taking. Just like we dreamed, right? Stright to the check in to find out our room wasn't ready. Who cares? Got the tickets and went to the park. Walked throught Disney Village and just didn't know where to look - it's Disney Disney Disney. and were're here. It's not dream - I can see it, touch it, smell it :lmao::rotfl: it was just around 15.00 when we arrived at the magical place.

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

Bag check, ticket check.. and ...
DSC_0082.jpg

the scaffolding doesn't look bad at all in your picture!!!
your DS look on his face is PRICELESS ;D he looks like he's having a blast!

I'm glad your friend and her DS made it as well :D I'm looking forward to more TR ;D

We could get lots of good pictures, but on the last day the back of the castle was closed, you couldn not longer walked out through the balcony and if you wanted to take a picture of Excalibur, you had to face the castle and take a picture with a fantasyland behind your back. Refurb is going fast and it covers almost whole bottom of the castle.

Wow I'm impressed you've started your trip report already, and delighted that you had such a fantastic time - knew you would!!
Your DS looks so happy :goodvibes
Can't wait to read the rest!

What a lovely first day!!! You can't beat the magic of your first time in the park!! :wizard:

Looking forward to the next bit....

What a lovely start. i too love that feeling when you get to disneyland and you realize your finally here. i know it's just me (probably) but in my head disneyland has it's own smell :rotfl2:.
your ds looks so so so happy bless him.
Looking forward to reading more:surfweb:

DS was really happy and really excited. At first he could not completely understand what Disneyland was and what was going on, but it didn't take much time to realize.

hehe someone has been well and truly bitten by the DLP bug:rotfl::rotfl:

Sounds like you and DS had a wonderful first trip to disneyland:wizard: and I cant wait to read the rest of your TR...something I should really start on myself :lmao::lmao:

Second day 14 March

Got up before 7.00 am. Went for breakfast at Park side dinner. And it was
lovely.
DSC_0290.jpg

Food was great, although I hated the egg thing - it wasn't good, I didn't like it. Never had it again :lmao: DS was happy with cereals, yogurt and juice. Couldn't make him eat anything more :confused3

As we left restaurant there was a sign that Pluto and Mickey were coming for meet and greet at 8.00. We were there and DS got to meet Pluto.
DSC_0311.jpg

As Mickey was to come 20 minutes later we decided to go to park and not wait. We already had a picture with Mickey and we had reservations at Mickey's cafe this very evening.

At 8.20 am. we were at the gates. I was so totally happy and proud to show the easy pass and walk into the parks as there were people who came this early and had no passes because there were not staying in disneyland hotels. Nice feeling, isn't it?
DSC_0329.jpg

We took a ride in police car and this made DS very happy. He asked for a photo in another car. So we did both. DS said when he will grow up and become a policeman, he will drive a car like this (yes yes, he want's to be a policeman, fireman and a doctor in ambulance to ride all those great cars :lmao: )
DSC_0316.jpg
DSC_0324.jpg

So what's the first thing to do in EMH? Yes, ride the Buzz Lightyear Laser blast. This is why we came to DLP at first place :lmao::lmao: So we rushed to it as DS was just super super excited. And - oh joy - no queue at all. Did it 4 times in a row and took fast pass for later.
DSC_0343.jpg

Then we were off to Orbitron and took a 10min queue which was fine. DS enjoyed the ride, but one time was enough for him.
DSC_0369.jpg

We walked around Discoveryland and took some pictures. Went to see if Star tours was open and it was closed.

We took some photos. Ok, many photos (it came in total 16GB oh photos and videos this trip :rolleyes1 ).
DSC_0333.jpg

Then we went to Fantasyland to see what rides were open. And first thing we did was Dumbo. DS loved more than Orbitron. Then we went for tea cups as DS loved the ride. And carousel of course...

Then we queued for it's a small world and waited around 20mib and DS found it boring... And decided to entertain himself.... :lmao:
DSC_0391.jpg

I loved it's a small world. So nice, so great. Lovely ride.
DSC_0396.jpg

Then off to see pirate's land again :rolleyes1
DSC_0464.jpg

As we approached BTM it was 10min till our fastpass for Buzz. So we waited and I took fastpasses for BTM. It was 10.35am. and fast pass said 13.35 - 14.05.

After that we rushed to Buzz laser blast for our fast passes ride. Somehow I began to not to like this ride so much, but DS.. Oh, he was more than happy:lmao:

We walked around some more and returned just for the parade. And DS met someone he knows very good. And was super excited again
:goodvibes
DSC_0514.jpg

Then I decided to queue for Winnie the Pooh and it was THE longest line we ever made on this trip. Took us 30 min. I felt sorry for some little ones aged around 2 for they were really unhappy about standing in lines and waiting. This was the moment I decided I will not take my second DS not until hes is 4 or 5 for this would be no fun for him.

And - yay yay yay - we finally hugged the bear :rotfl:
DSC_0598.jpg
DSC_0601.jpg

After we got photo, we rushed to see morning parade once again. This time I was smart enough to stand at the very end to see where the characters go after the parade. And we were lucky - DS was first one to get to Eeyore, then we met Tiger and Emile. After meet and greet Emile went off looking at the every single trash can for food :lmao::lmao: It was really funny and kids were just "oh oh oh oh" :rotfl:
DSC_0642.jpg
DSC_0649.jpg
DSC_0655.jpg

After the parade it was time for our BTM fast passes. We queued for around 10 min, maybe a little bit less.
DSC_0668.jpg

And.. well... we shouldn't have done this ride for DS got really really scared, he even cried. I promised I would never take him on a thrilled ride like this again.

So we went for the boat and DS was happy again. I admit - I loved the ride on Mark Twain :lovestruc We got to see Frontier land very well, took some pictures again and it was a nice pleasant ride.
DSC_0679.jpg

As we approached the Phantom Manor DS insisted we would go there. I tried to explain him about the ghosts and thrills, but he said he's won't be scared. And of course I said yes. As soon as we got off Mark Twain we went for it.
DSC_0799.jpg

Queue again was not longer than 10mins. And again.. my mistake, I knew it.. DS got scared just as he entered the room... I tried to calm him down and it was no use... So I went to see a cast member and told him we must get out. He was very nice and understood our problem very well. We got to stand at the machine thingy till everybody got on the ride and were led out through another exit. DS was calm and happy again. After some scary rides he asked to go to Fantasyland again.

We went for Casey Jr., but the queue was for 60mins... So we went the one next to it - can't remember the names. The one with boats and fairy tales. And again it was a lovely ride and DS enjoyed this very much. I understood that we will do these kind of rides all the time so DS would enjoy our trip and not be scared.
DSC_0843.jpg

As DS said he was hungry I could not believe me ears!!! You must understand me - hearing something like this from my DS is like Christmas time for me. I let him choose what and where he wanted to eat. So we went for Casey's corner and had french fires, hot dog and cola. DS got something we loved :goodvibes
DSC_0884.jpg

After that we went for tea cups an carousel again.
DSC_0878.jpg
DSC_0865.jpg

Later we decided to see some shops. DS kept asking for Buzz laser gun :lmao: while shopping DS had a little fun :goodvibes
DSC_0925.jpg
DSC_0924.jpg

Back to the hotel for a short break (my camera's batery was runing low).
DSC_0911.jpg

DS enjoyed some Disney cartoons and I got to rest my feet. And it was time for somethign I've been waiting for - Mickey's cafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first the couldn't find my reservation, but I knew it was there because I checked at my hotel at the concierge desk. They checked couple of times and then asked to write down my last name :lmao: And found it :goodvibes

We sat down, choose our meal and waited.. and it began.. Because of all the excitement I forgot to the photos of meals we had. But I can tell you it wasn't good nor tasty. In fact probably the worst taste meal we had on our trip. DS had kid's meniu - pizza, icecream and juice. I had Minnie's Classic Carbonara, friend had Pinocchio's Pasta and DS had the same pizze as my DS. And pasta's were really so so, wouldn't eat the same thing again.

Now about the happy things - the characters :lmao: we met Pluto, Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Peter Pan, Tic and Tac .....
DSC_1024.jpg
DSC_1015.jpg
DSC_1007.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg
DSC_0974.jpg

After our meal we went shopping again. Oh my what a huge queue there was outside Mickey's cafe. I just could not believe it. I don't know if people without reservations ever got in...
DSC_1059.jpg
DSC_1058.jpg

DSC_1057.jpg
DSC_1043.jpg

DSC_1042.jpg
DSC_1039.jpg

I'm glad you're having such a good time! Those pictures of your DS holding the plushies are sooo cute!

Your trip report is excellent. Just look at that big smile on the face of your DS :goodvibes
You managed to cram a lot into your second day, well done. I can understand why you might be sick of Buzz after five turns in one day :rotfl: but at least your DS is having a blast (see what I did there...)
Sorry to hear your meal wasn't great in Cafe Mickey. We too find the food to be hit or miss, but the character experience always makes up for it. Never seen evidence of Peter Pan in there before, that's a rare find!

Peter Pan was wonderful :lovestruc I'm in love :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Well, we went for Buzz 5 days a day everyday... :crazy: :lmao:

third day - March 15th

Got up around 7.00am again. Sleep was no good. I kept waking up, had silly weird dreams, but yay - it's a new day and back to action.

Breakfast was good, DS didn't eat much again, but I didn't bother anymore.

We didn't wait for the characters, because Minnie and Mickey had to come and we already had pictures and autographs. Besides - DS was already getting impatient for his daily Buzz ride dose.

So, once again at 8.00 we're back in the parks. And it was not so crowded. In fact it was a very good morning for taking nice pictures of DLP.
DSC_1065.jpg

First thing we did was Buzz laser blast. times in a row and I suggested for something else.

As nothing else apart Space mountain was open in Discoveryland we went to Fantasyland again. And did Dumbo two times in a row - no line at all.
DSC_1096.jpg
DSC_1103.jpg

Tea cups - DS loved it, probably I would say his second favorite ride (until our fourth day, but I'll tell later).
DSC_1116.jpg

Then we decided make our way to studios. DS decided to try become a king :lmao:
DSC_1123.jpg

Somehow I felt totally different at the studios. As I saw this statue I just... Well, the moment was breathtaking. I don't know why but it almost made my cry. Magic :wizard:
DSC_1190.jpg

We watched Crush coaster, but we knew we will not ride it - it was too thrill ride for DS. But he was more than happy to see Cars. So we took some photos.
DSC_1194.jpg

We went to see Toy story playland, but it was still closed, so we went to queue for tram tours. And we made it for the first train/bus... :lmao: And it was so much fun!!! DS got a little bit scared and all explosions happening (but he told everyone he wasn't scared and was very brave and explosions were so much fun).
DSC_0018.jpg
DSC_0019.jpg

After this fun ride we went back to Cars to take a ride and waited around 25mins in line. DS loved it more then tea cups :thumbsup2
DSC_0090-1.jpg
DSC_0102.jpg
DSC_0108.jpg

After cars off to flying carpets - 10 min wait. Another Dumbo like ride made DS smile. And seeing his smile made me sooooooo happy.

Then it was time for Scream academy!!!! We stood in line for picture with big lovely monster. And it took time for Sully had some breaks. He pretended he went to scare :lmao: But we got our lovely picture :lovestruc
DSC_1199.jpg
DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0002-1.jpg
DSC_0116.jpg

Then DS said he was hungry. I was thinking about Blockbuster cafe just because the program said "characters", but then I decided it wasn't worth it due to money question - I would order, pay more and DS won't eat. So we went to studios 1 and enjoyed to kid's meals at Restaurant en Coulisse (it came in total 11,40 Eur for two cheesburgers, 2 french fries, 2 minute maid orange juice. There had to be icecream also, but they forgot about it and I was fine - I didn't want it and had no intention giving DS. so I didn't complain. maybe I should have?)

As DS after his meal said he has to go to boys room and we were searching for it, we found Lilo and Stich, Mickey for meet and greet. But - what a shame, we waited, queued, but because of some rude people pushing their children in front, not waiting in line (and there truly was a line) we didn't get anything and this made DS not so happy. But - oh well, it's for the next time. We took some nice photos instead.
DSC_0123.jpg
DSC_0127.jpg

We made our way to Armagedon. And it was a total waste of time. I hated the ride, it wasn't what I expected, would never go again. DS got scared, cried... it was bad.

After Armagedon it was our luck - it was 4 min till Stich live in English so we rushed. And it was just wonderful. I had so much fun and laughed a lot. Simply wonderful. DS enjoy Stich as well. one of the must dos :goodvibes
After Stich I wanted to take him to Cinemamagique, but he refused - he thought it will be like Armagedon. So we didn't go.
But made our way to Animagique instead. As DS saw cartoons and all those cartoon like machines he understood this isn't scary.We enjoyed our time.

It was time for Stars'nçars and people already were taking places for better view so we didn't get a chance to stand where the whole action, dancing and singing would be taking place. But we got a nice spot to watch the parade pass by. Besides - it was almost Buzz Lightear show up time - who cares about parade? :lmao:

yes yes, after watching parade pass by DS RUSHED to Toon studios (or plaza) to meet Buzz. Oh my, what a queue... But we made it and DS was totally happy and just.. Oh well, he met Buzz - that says it all.
DSC_0163-1.jpg
DSC_0165.jpg

After we finally got our pictures with Buzz it was time for Motors action stunt show. Off we go! We were lucky, got ourselves nice great view seating in the middle. And this was the highlight of the day. DS could not believe his eyes and was like WOW all the time. Wonderful show for little boys and their mommies :lmao:
DSC_0186.jpg

After the who we didn't have much time left. My, my Ds and my friend and her DS were to meet at rainforest cafe for our 17.30 dinner due to our 20.00 Paris evening tour.

We waived to studios and went back to hotel to refresh ourselves.

Rainforest cafe was wonderful. Much better then Mickey's cafe. Ds at first got scared, because we were seated the very moment some lights were switched off, you could hear thunder and rain. But this time I managed to explain DS everything (it's not Armagedon was enough for him:lmao: ). This time I did take pictures!!!!! So there, presenting our Rainforest cafe meal :wizard:
Me and my friend had Savanna Parmigiana - A breaded turkey escalope topped with melted mozzarella and tomato sauce; served with french fries
DSC_0205.jpg

DS had Spaghetti with meatballs
DSC_0207.jpg

Friend's DS had Lasagna with fries.
DSC_0206.jpg

For dessert we had Moelleux au Chocolat - Soft centred chocolate cake on a bed of light custard cream and chocolate sauce
DSC_0209.jpg

And kids had ice cream.

And everything was just delicious!

I can't believe the size of the queue when we left the restaurant. HUGE!! And everybody standing outside.. Oh my, how happy I was to take advice to for 17.00-17.30 dinner. Thank you dis'sers :worship:

We went to some shops cause we had time left till our evening tour. And then went to bus stop. And then we saw the big red bus coming!!! Yay yay yay. Got seats upstairs, but it wasn't crowded. And it was worth it. If anyone is thinking of getting this evening tour - don't hesitate - book it. Wonderful, saw many things, great ride. Some photos for your enjoyment. DS got sleepy and slept almost the whole trip. I tried to wake him up as we made a stop ant Eiffel tower. He told me "5 more mins mom" :lmao::lmao: So I didn't bother :lmao: We got back to hotel around 23.30 and straight to bed.
DSC_0245-1.jpg
DSC_0301.jpg
DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0343-1.jpg
DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg
DSC_0404.jpg
DSC_0461.jpg

It sounds like an amazing trip!! Im so glad you had a great time with your DS. The first time I took my son to WDW he was 3 and anything that was dark scared him. So, I compeltely understand your son's fears.

it's good to know what you kids is scared of and that helps to plan the trip, you just avoid the "scary"rides and do the fun ones over and over again...
Today at kindergarten I read the weekly "what kids tell" and I found my DS has told about trip to DLP and what he told was Ï went to DLP, I met Buzz, mom bought a Buzz gun"for me, I did some rides, go to swimming pool and I got to shoot at robots" :lmao::lmao: yes, there's nothing else but Buzz things in DLP... :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter