Our (My) was May now September 2014 trip plans

Ticker check!

8 months, 4 weeks and 2 days!

I also checked into our cruise FB group yesterday and found out that our cruise is a Halloween Haunts cruise with Halloween activities on board pirate:

Photo opportunities with Jack and Sally :banana:

Time's a tickin'

Oooh that's exciting that it's a Halloween Haunts cruise :cool1:

So DVC came through, it's official :goodvibes

8 nights at BWV, i've told the family but i'm not sure they get it fully yet LOL

Part of my reasoning for changing my plans was because of FP+, not being able to use FP would be a real downer for us I think, as we try to use it every opportunity for those hard to get rides.

Now pondering DVC for Disneyland...

i'll wait and see ;)

QUOTE]

Congrats! You must be excited now :cool1:

Although, when I read your post from the other day with the change of mind, I was a little disheartened. I've been following along, and got a bit of reassurance out of your willingness to stay offsite, so thought I could do it with my next trip, too. Now that you've changed...I'm starting to doubt myself...! lol The idea of no FP's.....

Do you mind if I ask - was it a big jump in price from offsite to DVC? I think the thing I struggle with is justifying the cost, and also how to cover it - save a little harder, make your stay a little shorter, cut out a couple of extras...?

8 nights at BWV, i've told the family but i'm not sure they get it fully yet LOL

Part of my reasoning for changing my plans was because of FP+, not being able to use FP would be a real downer for us I think, as we try to use it every opportunity for those hard to get rides.

Now pondering DVC for Disneyland...

i'll wait and see ;)

Fantastic! I'm so pleased you got what you wanted. What type of room did you get?

I'm crossing my fingers for some Aulani points to come through. Perhaps in the new year though when my cc has recovered from my airfares.

FireflyFi, if you go to David's Vacation Rental website, you can put in your dates and work out the exact cost of the different resorts and rooms you are interested in. It pretty much makes Deluxe resorts price comparable to Moderate resorts.

FireflyFi, if you go to David's Vacation Rental website, you can put in your dates and work out the exact cost of the different resorts and rooms you are interested in. It pretty much makes Deluxe resorts price comparable to Moderate resorts.

We've got a studio, we can manage between the 3 of us :)
My DS7 could sleep anywhere (once he's asleep anyway)

Yep, the price wasn't alot different although we were going to have a full kitchen at Vistana and only a microwave and small fridge at BWV

I guess you pay for the location as well :goodvibes

WanderlustNZ said:

Yeah I've been on David's site many, many times haha :) although not for a while now as I've planned as much as I can, but now I'm getting to the <12 month mark I should start again. I was happy enough in a moderate last time , but this time I'm thinking of staying for about two weeks, so really want a washer/dryer in room (so I don't have to cut into park time watching clothes spin round and round lol

becpee said:

Yep, the price wasn't alot different although we were going to have a full kitchen at Vistana and only a microwave and small fridge at BWV

Well that's great! :) actually the studios are pretty reasonable in price, and the location of BWV...you're going to have such a great time :D and food is so cheap in the US I don't know that making meals in room would make that much difference (but I could be wrong).

Actually I was originally planning on going to the world by myself, but I've since had a friend ask if she can come. I'm guessing having lots of easy, regular transport options available to us would be best so we could split up (sorry, don't mean to thread hijack...!) But then maybe that might be another positive for you too...?

We've got a studio, we can manage between the 3 of us :) My DS7 could sleep anywhere (once he's asleep anyway) Yep, the price wasn't alot different although we were going to have a full kitchen at Vistana and only a microwave and small fridge at BWV I guess you pay for the location as well :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 We had a studio and it was plenty big enough for my family of 3.

I think the added cost over staying offsite is for being immersed in the Disney bubble; something you can't quite quantify, but is certainly special. :)

Yeah I've been on David's site many, many times haha :) although not for a while now as I've planned as much as I can, but now I'm getting to the <12 month mark I should start again. I was happy enough in a moderate last time , but this time I'm thinking of staying for about two weeks, so really want a washer/dryer in room (so I don't have to cut into park time watching clothes spin round and round lol

The washer and dryer would be a big bonus, but I think I would struggle to justify the extra costs of the one bedroom. That cost difference would account for quite a few dinners and lunches out.

The studios have access to a free laundry, just not one in your room.

DS is 13. We do quite well in a studio.

Congrats! Sounds like it's all coming together. And yes.....you can't beat the location and the ability to go and come back to enjoy the resort in the afternoon; and then head out again for night time activities.

WanderlustNZ said:
The washer and dryer would be a big bonus, but I think I would struggle to justify the extra costs of the one bedroom. That cost difference would account for quite a few dinners and lunches out.

So true, and that probably wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact there are so many good dinners and lunches to indulge in hehe

So, as it stands right now

7th Sept MEL-LAX (Qantas), LAX-MCO American Airlines, checking out the Admirals lounge at LAX, utilising the showers)
7th-12th Sept Cabana Bay Universal Orlando, 3 park days and pool hopping
12th-20th Sept WDW Boardwalk DVC
20th-27th Sept Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
27th Sept MCO-LAX probably flying Delta (hopefully direct)
27th-29th Sept Carlsbad/Legoland (hotel unknown)
29th Sept- 4th Oct Palm Springs (hotel unknown)
4th Oct-9th Oct Disneyland Anaheim (hotel unknown) with a likely day trip to LA for The Grove and Pinks hotdogs

Happy new year!

New developments in our plans :goodvibes

7th Sept MEL-LAX (Qantas), LAX-MCO American Airlines, checking out the Admirals lounge at LAX, utilising the showers)
7th-12th Sept Cabana Bay Universal Orlando, 3 park days and pool hopping
12th-20th Sept WDW Boardwalk DVC
20th-27th Sept Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
27th Sept MCO-LAX probably flying Delta (hopefully direct)
Los Angeles Airport Marriott
28th-Sept Carlsbad/Legoland (hotel unknown)
29th Sept- 5th Oct Palm Springs (hotel unknown)
5th Oct-8th Oct Disneyland Hotel pixiedust:
8th Oct Grand Cali (TBC)

Just a little bit excited :cheer2:

We're off to Disney this year!

35 weeks.

Yep, this time in 35 weeks we'll be boarding the plane...

I'm not wishing the year away

much

And just under 34 weeks to go.

I still need to book Universal Orlando accom, book airfares from Orlando back to L.A, accom for a week in Ca somwhere and to buy all our Disney entry passes, oh and pay off the cruise pirate:

I wish our dollar was better, I think we've been spoilt!

And just under 34 weeks to go.

I still need to book Universal Orlando accom, book airfares from Orlando back to L.A, accom for a week in Ca somwhere and to buy all our Disney entry passes, oh and pay off the cruise pirate:

I wish our dollar was better, I think we've been spoilt!

The countdown will go fast. :flower3:

Seems like you're whittling down your list. Yes, pity about the dollar. We have been spoilt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter