Our (My) was May now September 2014 trip plans

I guess our plans have changed a lot, as we're now cruising in September (instead of May) on our favourite cruise ship :cloud9: The Disney Fantasy and staying offsite.

I still consider us to be so lucky, I mean some Aussies never get to WDW or on a cruise (of any sort) and we'll be there twice within 2 years :goodvibes

Orlando accom was booked and paid for today with 13 months to go but I got such a good rate considering the crappy exchange rate :thumbsup2
Sheraton Vistana 1 bedroom suite on International Drive and flights are yet to be booked, accom can be changed with no penalty.
But 9 nights for $1223 in a suite is a great deal ::yes::

DS7 has been informed and pocket money is being squirreled away ready for the LEGO store at DTD, and also a pirate pistol onboard the ship (he remembers from last year :p)

Just think.....nearly 2 years until you can get more H2O. :thumbsup2

Oh gives me my H2O!

Hope we're not peaking too early!!

Technically it's 13.5 months until we go, and DH and I are trying to decide where our new USA destination will be (S.F is looking good ;))

Good morning all :crazy2:

Stinkin' Monday :coffee:

I can't believe I booked accom 13 months out :rotfl: that's unheard of!

So now the vague plans of our trip are

9 nights Orlando (WDW, shopping and eating)
7 night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy cruise
2 nights Orlando following the cruise
4 nights Las Vegas
4ish nights San Francisco (yet to be fully confirmed)
4 nights Anaheim Disneyland!

The latter part of our trip is still up in the air so could (and probable will change) :blush:!

:yay: for booking your accommodation becpee. That is such an awesome deal.
Your trip details are looking pretty good too.

For a holiday line up like that, it's totally understandable to be excited this far out!

And someone please tell me there is a special term for doing disneyworld plus disney cruise plus disneyland all in one trip!

For a holiday line up like that, it's totally understandable to be excited this far out!

And someone please tell me there is a special term for doing disneyworld plus disney cruise plus disneyland all in one trip!

:lmao: so i'm not crazy then?

I'm not sure if there's a term for the triple, maybe it's the "Triple debt"? :rotfl2:

Our trip last year was similar, and the cruise was just amazing, I think i'd have alot of trouble going to Orlando and not doing a cruise :p

Even my DH is excited and talking about it already, although he's comparing our time to footy season, "what if we make the finals next year?"
"Fat chance" I told him (Carlton AFL supporter explains that I guess)

becpee said:
:lmao: so i'm not crazy then?

I'm not sure if there's a term for the triple, maybe it's the "Triple debt"? :rotfl2:

Our trip last year was similar, and the cruise was just amazing, I think i'd have alot of trouble going to Orlando and not doing a cruise :p

Even my DH is excited and talking about it already, although he's comparing our time to footy season, "what if we make the finals next year?"
"Fat chance" I told him (Carlton AFL supporter explains that I guess)

Oh I didn't say you weren't crazy, but you're the right kind of crazy for around here so it's all good ;-)

I really think there should be some kind of triple crown club, for all those that have done the three and all those that dream haha

I think I need to read some cruise trip reports. Everyone seems to rave about them but I don't understand the appeal...?

And yes booking *anything* in September is risky for any AFL supporter. Even if your DH always knew that Carlton didn't stand a chance, as a supporter he was still obligated to ask the question hehe

Your plans sound awesome becpee.

It was about this time last year that I booked my upcoming Fantasy cruise. The time rolls around so fast.

Oh I didn't say you weren't crazy, but you're the right kind of crazy for around here so it's all good ;-)

I really think there should be some kind of triple crown club, for all those that have done the three and all those that dream haha

I think I need to read some cruise trip reports. Everyone seems to rave about them but I don't understand the appeal...?

And yes booking *anything* in September is risky for any AFL supporter. Even if your DH always knew that Carlton didn't stand a chance, as a supporter he was still obligated to ask the question hehe

:rotfl: the right kind of crazy

Funnily enough, I can't really remember what made me book a cruise, we'd never done one before but I booked one on The Wonder and changed it to The Fantasy when I found out that one was coming out and had spots available.

I don't regret our cruise for one minute, I loved every single minute of it and can't wait to get back on board.

I'd love to hang around and wait for Carlton to make the finals, but I can't see it happening any time in the very near future :upsidedow

Your plans sound awesome becpee.

It was about this time last year that I booked my upcoming Fantasy cruise. The time rolls around so fast.

You will love The Fantasy, it is beautiful :lovestruc

Please do a TR with pics so I can live vicariously through you :goodvibes

I can't believe i'm under a year, plans are being made (and changed :lmao:)

So far we have a separate savings account for our actual holiday spending, so we're not dipping into our savings before we go.

The plans as they stand are

8th Sept Depart Melbourne to MCO via LAX (and hopefully not Sydney)
8th Sept Arrive MCO, town car to Universal Cabana Bay
12 or 13th Sept Sheraton Vistana for 8 WDW days
20th Sept Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
27th Sept Fly to LAX and drive to Las Vegas, hopefully a Bellagio stay 3 nights or so
1st Oct drive to Anaheim for DL days, still undecided when we'll return home, DS's school are ok with international travel so if he misses the first couple of days of term it should be ok.

We're wanting to return to Legoland as DS still talks about it remembering the last time we went so we have to try and include that also.

These plans are of course subject to change :upsidedow

Hi becpee, plans sound good,
Really interested to hear about the new Cabana Bay resort, seems like a great idea for families and prices are really reasonable, we were looking at it for April next year(if it is opened) but was disappointed that it didn't include The express pass, I suppose they have to take away a benefit to make it so affordable. Still a great option:thumbsup2

Hi becpee, plans sound good,
Really interested to hear about the new Cabana Bay resort, seems like a great idea for families and prices are really reasonable, we were looking at it for April next year(if it is opened) but was disappointed that it didn't include The express pass, I suppose they have to take away a benefit to make it so affordable. Still a great option:thumbsup2

The reason i'm looking to stay there is I really love staying at new places before they've been ruined LOL

I'm really surprised with how good the prices are for the new resort :thumbsup2

We'll still get the early entry to the park so thats ok, we'll have to make do without the express pass I guess...

Luckily our plans are not set in stone, DH came home from work the other day and says "Maybe we won't head to Vegas, maybe we'll stay in Orlando a little longer and do things there".

Maybe.

So looks like as yet we could be doing anything LOL

WDW is on, Universal Orlando is on, Fantasy cruise is on, DL is on, who knows though what is happening in between???

Luckily our plans are not set in stone, DH came home from work the other day and says "Maybe we won't head to Vegas, maybe we'll stay in Orlando a little longer and do things there".

Maybe.

So looks like as yet we could be doing anything LOL

WDW is on, Universal Orlando is on, Fantasy cruise is on, DL is on, who knows though what is happening in between???

It won't matter what happens in between. This trip is ON! :thumbsup2

Your trip plan sounds like mine. Like you we have changed fron May to September.
Plans so far:
6 Sept fly from Christchurch to Orlando via Auckland & L.A
7/9 Sept - Portofino Bay Hotel - Universal Studios
9/20 Sept - DTD Holiday Inn
20 Sept Fantasy East Caribbean cruise
27 Sept Fly home:sad1:

I would love to stop at Disneyland on the way home but can't for 2 reasons - I can't have more than 3 weeks off work & I'm afraid DH will be all Disneyed out by that time.

It will be our 24th wedding anniversay while we are on the cruise. We are thinking about renewing our vows on St Thomas.

Your trip plan sounds like mine. Like you we have changed fron May to September.
Plans so far:
6 Sept fly from Christchurch to Orlando via Auckland & L.A
7/9 Sept - Portofino Bay Hotel - Universal Studios
9/20 Sept - DTD Holiday Inn
20 Sept Fantasy East Caribbean cruise
27 Sept Fly home:sad1:

I would love to stop at Disneyland on the way home but can't for 2 reasons - I can't have more than 3 weeks off work & I'm afraid DH will be all Disneyed out by that time.

It will be our 24th wedding anniversay while we are on the cruise. We are thinking about renewing our vows on St Thomas.
Thats the cruise we'll be on :)

So excited!

We were so sad when we got off the ship last year :sad1: Amazing experience :yay:

So I just bought some USD at .9294, the talk is that the RBA will be reducing the interest rates to push our dollar down against the USD to help our manufacturing.

Still waiting on my Qantas card, it's on it's way apparently (I haven't got the mail yet today though).

Happy days!

Ten months and two weeks to go!

We're busy planning, agreeing, trying to extend to get the longest possible time away from work!

My workplace has just bought in the option of buying two more weeks of annual leave per year by salary sacrifice, so six weeks annual leave per year!

I think i'm going to take them up on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter