Our Scotland Brave Adventure!

......esp from the farewell dinner = :goodvibes

You TR has now officially put me in the SCOTTISH mood;)

THANK YOU for sharing your memories.

T.T.F.N.:wave2:

You are very welcome. Keep in mind the farewell dinner at the Signet Library is only for the trips in late July through most of August. This is due to the Royal Military Edinburgh Tattoo taking place at Edinburgh Castle. The other farewell dinners are held in the Queen Anne's Room at Edinburgh Castle. Either way I am sure he trip will be very memorable.

I was again browsing your pics and they are just stunning!

A couple questions about the Tattoo...We are traveling in August of next year, and I don't think we'll be able to do a pre or post night. I was thinking that we could go to the Tattoo on the second night in Edinburgh which looks to be free time. Does that seem doable? And secondly, I'm assuming that the better seats are the higher priced ones and will purchase accordingly, but was wondering if you'd have any thoughts about one section being preferable to another. Thanks!

As a local who went to see the Tattoo this year and just watched the televised show, go for about half way up the stands rather than near the esplanade as it does look better looking down on the performers rather than looking across if you see what I mean?

We were in the second stand nearest to the castle which is the second cheapest stand and its absolutely fine.

If you are on Facebook you can find them under The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

I was again browsing your pics and they are just stunning!

A couple questions about the Tattoo...We are traveling in August of next year, and I don't think we'll be able to do a pre or post night. I was thinking that we could go to the Tattoo on the second night in Edinburgh which looks to be free time. Does that seem doable? And secondly, I'm assuming that the better seats are the higher priced ones and will purchase accordingly, but was wondering if you'd have any thoughts about one section being preferable to another. Thanks!

Thank you! As long as the second night isn't a Sunday you should be fine. The Tattoo doesn't perform on Sundays. Performances Monday through Friday are at 9:00. Saturdays there are two performances one at 7:30 and one at 10:30. I remember thinking we could have even swung the VIP dinner package on that free night albeit narrowly.

I agree with Edinburghlass. You definitely want to view the performers from above if possible. I loved our seats which were high above and under cover but those were only available through the hospitality VIP package. I wanted to be under cover in case it rained. Our seat reservations were confirmed before they went on sale to the public. You can also book general tickets earlier by becoming a Friend of the Tattoo. If you go in August, like we did, you won't get dinner in Edinburgh Castle with ABD. However, if you book the Queen Anne room VIP dinner package with the Royal Military Edinburgh Tattoo you get to have dinner at the castle. The Queen Anne room is the same room for the ABD farewell dinner at the castle for the tours that don't take place in August.

As a local who went to see the Tattoo this year and just watched the televised show, go for about half way up the stands rather than near the esplanade as it does look better looking down on the performers rather than looking across if you see what I mean?

We were in the second stand nearest to the castle which is the second cheapest stand and its absolutely fine.

If you are on Facebook you can find them under The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

Thank you! It's great to have the advice of someone who is local!

And Calypso--I can't seem to figure out how to quote two different posts, but thank you as well for your thoughts!

For anyone who is interested, tickets for the 2014 show go on sale online on Dec 2 of this year. I expect to be purchasing mine that day!!

Thank you! It's great to have the advice of someone who is local!

And Calypso--I can't seem to figure out how to quote two different posts, but thank you as well for your thoughts!

For anyone who is interested, tickets for the 2014 show go on sale online on Dec 2 of this year. I expect to be purchasing mine that day!!

You are welcome Jloane. If you become a "Friend of the Tattoo" you will be able to purchase tickets earlier than December 2. We did that before deciding to go with one of the hospitality packages and enjoyed the magazine that comes with the membership. You also get 10% off of Tattoo merchandise CLICKY HERE for the web link to their site. It is a wonderful event. I wish we were closer and could go every year.

For multi quotes in one post, instead of clicking the word "quote" click the quotation marks button to the right of the word. It will highlight in orange. Click the " on each post you want to quote first. Then, click the "post reply" button that is on the left of the page, opposite to the quote button. All of the posts that you clicked the " will appear in the body of your reply Hope this helps :goodvibes

Terrie,

Thanks so much for your detailed enthusiastic trip report on Scotland. We just got back from Germany and decided to book a trip for next year. We wanted to try the new Austria and Prague trip but they were fully booked. I remembered following your review of Scotland during the summer and decided to read it again. Thanks for the great pix - the scenery looks breathtaking! Your pictures and narrations really brought this trip to life and now I can't wait to go. These trips really are addictive.

Kathy :thanks:

:disrocks:

Terrie,

Thanks so much for your detailed enthusiastic trip report on Scotland. We just got back from Germany and decided to book a trip for next year. We wanted to try the new Austria and Prague trip but they were fully booked. I remembered following your review of Scotland during the summer and decided to read it again. Thanks for the great pix - the scenery looks breathtaking! Your pictures and narrations really brought this trip to life and now I can't wait to go. These trips really are addictive.

Kathy :thanks:

:disrocks:

You are very welcome! :goodvibes I am glad you enjoyed my trip report. I am sure you will enjoy your Scotland Brave adventure very much indeed! Yes, they are certainly addictive. We are booked for the London/Paris ABD next year, planning to do the Backstage Magic ABD in 2015 and toying with the possibility of the China ABD in 2016 :scratchin Winning Powerball would make these decisions so much easier :rotfl2:

You are very welcome! :goodvibes I am glad you enjoyed my trip report. I am sure you will enjoy your Scotland Brave adventure very much indeed! Yes, they are certainly addictive. We are booked for the London/Paris ABD next year, planning to do the Backstage Magic ABD in 2015 and toying with the possibility of the China ABD in 2016 :scratchin Winning Powerball would make these decisions so much easier :rotfl2:

We are waiting for our winning powerball too.::yes:: ABD should give you a discount for helping with their marketing by creating such an enthusiastic trip report pixiedust:

My husband an I are actually planning to do the China trip in 2016 also. I hope they change the order of the trip and end it in Shanghai so we can leisurely go to the New Shanghai Disney. We have only been to USA Disney Parks so I look forward to seeing how this one compares. Apparently the castle is supposed to be awesome.

Maybe we will see you there. :tigger:

We are waiting for our winning powerball too.::yes:: ABD should give you a discount for helping with their marketing by creating such an enthusiastic trip report pixiedust: My husband an I are actually planning to do the China trip in 2016 also. I hope they change the order of the trip and end it in Shanghai so we can leisurely go to the New Shanghai Disney. We have only been to USA Disney Parks so I look forward to seeing how this one compares. Apparently the castle is supposed to be awesome. Maybe we will see you there. :tigger:

Off topic, but we just came back from Disneyland Paris this week. Wanted to see an international operation. Interesting to compare!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am sure it was fun. What were the most interesting differences? :artist:

Castle was beautiful. Displays of Sleeping Beauty's story in stained glass windows were stunning. Dragon was in the dungeon of the castle. Really neat.
Rides seemed shorter, but more intense. Not as many cast members strolling around to greet you or answer questions. Character meet & greets very chaotic - people just push & cut in line. Dreams night show was tremendous. Great experience, not sure I would return unless in the area.

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you for sharing your AMAZING trip report! I love reading about all the Adventures By Disney reports, and hope that one day I'll be able to venture on one myself :moped:
Your journey was incredible and I loved reading it through your eyes! Your photos are absolutely beautiful! Your report is a beautiful gift~ thank you!
Please continue to share on your future adventures! :flower3:

Wow, one of these days I would like to go on an ABD trip!

I was wondering, did ABD give out pins on this Scotland trip like they do for China, London & Paris (Knights & Lights), and other tours?

If so, is it possible to post pictures of the pins?

We are waiting for our winning powerball too.::yes:: ABD should give you a discount for helping with their marketing by creating such an enthusiastic trip report pixiedust:

My husband an I are actually planning to do the China trip in 2016 also. I hope they change the order of the trip and end it in Shanghai so we can leisurely go to the New Shanghai Disney. We have only been to USA Disney Parks so I look forward to seeing how this one compares. Apparently the castle is supposed to be awesome.

Maybe we will see you there. :tigger:

That would be awesome! I am hoping that we can visit the Shanghai Disney at that time too. We saw the models and artist rendering of the new park a couple of years ago at the D23 Expo. It looked like it would be awesome!

Who knows, we may wind up on the same trip :cool1:

Thank you for sharing your AMAZING trip report! I love reading about all the Adventures By Disney reports, and hope that one day I'll be able to venture on one myself :moped:
Your journey was incredible and I loved reading it through your eyes! Your photos are absolutely beautiful! Your report is a beautiful gift~ thank you!
Please continue to share on your future adventures! :flower3:

Oh thank you for your kind words :flower3: I am so glad you enjoyed the trip report! :goodvibes

I was wondering, did ABD give out pins on this Scotland trip like they do for China, London & Paris (Knights & Lights), and other tours?

Answering via PM

So far, ABD has given out pins for all ABD's. I don't think they have any intentions of stopping that. (I sure *hope* so!)

Sayhello

Lurker here, wanting to thank you for this spectactular trip report. Our 25th anniversary is two years from April, and all I want for it is to go to Scotland:goodvibes. The Outlander books are my favorite series, heck, we even named our son Duncan ;).

So you've really given me a jumping off point to start, and tons of inspiration, thank you!

Terri

Lurker here, wanting to thank you for this spectactular trip report. Our 25th anniversary is two years from April, and all I want for it is to go to Scotland:goodvibes. The Outlander books are my favorite series, heck, we even named our son Duncan ;).

So you've really given me a jumping off point to start, and tons of inspiration, thank you!

Terri

You are very welcome Terri :goodvibes We loved it so much we are actually going back to Edinburgh and Inverness this year as part of a pre-trip for our London/Paris ABD. There is a one day Outlander tour in Inverness that we are looking forward to :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter