Our trip is cancelled :(

dollcollector1

Mouseketeer
What can I say, this may be a first. Our upcoming trip in Feb has been cancelled. Why? The 3 kids and hubby don't want to go anymore ! :( We pre-paid for airfare, so we're out 5 RT tickets. $1250.00 down the drain and it doesn't seem to matter to any of them. The tix are non refundable and have a $100.00 per tix fee to change the travel date. It doesnt matter, though, since the 4 of them are no longer interested in WDW. Can you believe this? This would have only been their 2nd trip back and they don't want to go !!

OK...with that much money...pack there bags, and make them go and have fun! They'll get over it!

What is going on? Seems alot more to it, and I feel really bad for you. I dont understand. That is an awful lot of money to throw away....Hope everyone sorts this out.

What is going on? Seems alot more to it, and I feel really bad for you. I dont understand. That is an awful lot of money to throw away....Hope everyone sorts this out.

My kids are 15, 15 and 12. They tell me they don't want to miss their sports or school activities. Hubby claims we have a lot of expenses due now and would rather eat the money invested. I even took a part time job at a store to save extra money and I saved everything I earned. I'm seriously thinking about going solo. I'm the only one who wants to go to WDW now.

My kids are 15, 15 and 12. They tell me they don't want to miss their sports or school activities. Hubby claims we have a lot of expenses due now and would rather eat the money invested. I even took a part time job at a store to save extra money and I saved everything I earned. I'm seriously thinking about going solo. I'm the only one who wants to go to WDW now.

Im 16 and have tons of activities and things to do in and out of school, but if you mentioned the word Disney world, I would be jumping for joy and on that plane as if there was no tomorrow.. I LOVE family vacations to disney they are so much fun.. I feel really sad for people such as my family friends who can no longer take family vacations to disney because part of the family doesn't want to go. :(

I would probably do that- go alone- I am not afraid to do that, but would much rather have them come along. Only you can know how your family will react to this. You have worked hard saving. ( I know, as I saved saved and even sold plasma for our trip) I wish you God's peace and grace in making this decision, so you will feel good about it. P.S. I dont want to say it but it sounds selfish on the kids part to have this attitude.

Not to sound cruel, but how old are the children to tell you when and where they are going? Now, the husband is a different story.

I just couldn't see letting that much money go down the tubes. Not as much as I love Disney. I would go anyway.

Can you find friends or someone that may be willing to buy your tickets? Good luck and I hope things work out that you can go.

Yes you have a couple of options. Make them go but chances are they will make everything miserable for you. Take friends and go and have a great time. I personally don't understand why they wouldn't want to go. I also am not sure as to why they get a choice. Did dh and the children agree to the trip before the money was spent? If they did than they need to be responsible and go with a great attitude. It might be fun to go by yourself and have a great time. I am wanting to go by myself some day but dh says no--he likes to go with me. Good luck!

I understand with the kids in their sports and school activities. We had a hard time finding time to go for 2007 because of it. So it is not that they don't want to go to WDW they don't want to take the time away from what they have going on right? Not that it would make me feel any better but at least it is not becasue it's Disney.
I still say that I would talk to their coaches and whatever they have going on at school...and just tell them we have to much money vested now and you are going to go and have a good time. As far as my DH...if he knew what was good for him he would not question my plans. He would suck it up and go to keep me happy and sane if nothing else.
Hope it all works out for ya!

Wow, if the family trip is planned and paid for we would go - period. If you do decide to go IM me cause we'll be there at the same time. I hope you can convince them to join you.

Sorry. :(

Spend the $100 to change the tickets and use the tickets at another time, you will ave 12 months.

Good luck

Don't worry - I'll go - and I'm sure there are many disers that would not mind being your kids for a week and tag along. LOL Seriously though do you have friends or other family that would be interested in going - thant is a lot of money to just throw away. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Aww, that's horrible! I'm sorry that no one wants to go!! =[. Maybe they'll change their minds? =]

Go for the solo trip. It will be great. Leave them all home!

Change the dates to the kids spring break or summer, at a time when they don't have that much going on. Maybe you could even plan it for late summer/early fall, when there MAY be free dining offered.. it would also give you more time to save. No way would I let that much money go down the drain!

Marsha

Not to sound cruel, but how old are the children to tell you when and where they are going? Now, the husband is a different story.

I just couldn't see letting that much money go down the tubes. Not as much as I love Disney. I would go anyway.

Can you find friends or someone that may be willing to buy your tickets? Good luck and I hope things work out that you can go.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and advise. The airline tickets are non transferable to anyone else. Once an airline reservation is made and the tix are paid for, they are only for the person named on the reservation. Since 9/11, the restrictions for airline tix are more restrictive and due to security reasons, that's a good thing.

As far as making someone go on a vacation, I don't know how to do that. As you can tell by my signature, it's not as if we've been going to WDW yearly and the family is all " Disney-ed " out. I planned the trip about 6 months ago and back then, everyone was excited. As time went on and activities became a priority, I was the only one still talking about WDW. I guess that happens but not too often, from the feedback I've been receiving. The family and kids will be sorry one day. I'm done planning future vacations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter