Outlander Season 4 (Spoilers)

Just in case you don't know, Starz is replaying episodes from Season 3 NOW :lovestruc and again tomorrow at 2pm!

I'm kind of conflicted on the show. The lead actors started off with so much chemistry that we binge watched the show on Netflix. The last season totally lacked the chemistry for me. I hope they can find a way to recapture the magic. I'm kind of getting tired of them losing each other in the finale, then fighting to make their way back to each other each season. It kind of seems like they keep repeating the same story. They need to be more creative.

I really need to read the books. If nothing else, the show definitely makes me want to visit Scotland.

I'm kind of conflicted on the show. The lead actors started off with so much chemistry that we binge watched the show on Netflix. The last season totally lacked the chemistry for me. I hope they can find a way to recapture the magic. I'm kind of getting tired of them losing each other in the finale, then fighting to make their way back to each other each season. It kind of seems like they keep repeating the same story. They need to be more creative.

I really need to read the books. If nothing else, the show definitely makes me want to visit Scotland.

Well, unfortunately, that's sort of what happens to them through the whole storyline in the books. Both characters are fiercely independent (for the time period) and often go off on their own ventures which ultimately puts them in some sort of danger. It's been awhile since I read the books so I am struggling to try to remember the next travesty that befalls them when they hit the U.S. And there will be a travesty, I assure you!!:)

I watched episode 1 this morning. (Darned time change had me up at 645!) Looking forward to watching the revolution unfold in the series.

This is a common theme throughout the books, though. You may want to stop watching if it isn't something you care for.

I watched episode 1 this morning. (Darned time change had me up at 645!) Looking forward to watching the revolution unfold in the series.
Episode 1 of Season 4? I didn’t realize it was on early, I thought it premiered at 8pm tonight!

Season 4 episode 1 is on Verizon fios OnDemand already. I was glad. Needed something to do since I was up so early. lol

Well, unfortunately, that's sort of what happens to them through the whole storyline in the books. Both characters are fiercely independent (for the time period) and often go off on their own ventures which ultimately puts them in some sort of danger. It's been awhile since I read the books so I am struggling to try to remember the next travesty that befalls them when they hit the U.S. And there will be a travesty, I assure you!!:)

This is a common theme throughout the books, though. You may want to stop watching if it isn't something you care for.

By the end of last season, I was starting to realize it's one of those shows that's probably going to run it's course for me. I really liked seasons 1 & 2 though.

I think you can watch early on the Starz app. I did it for season 2.
OK, thanks. I'm watching on the Starz channel (and they're showing Season 3 today). I had the App originally to watch back epsiodes, but I cancelled it already. I can wait till tonight! :goodvibes

By the end of last season, I was starting to realize it's one of those shows that's probably going to run it's course for me. I really liked seasons 1 & 2 though.
I agree that Season 3 was so far my least favorite. But Season 4 looks to be really good in the Colonies!

IIRC, and I might not because it has been a while since I've read the books, the travesties in the colonies get back to the "us against the world" vibe of their early relationship, at least for a while. The North Carolina part of the story arc was probably my second-favorite chunk of their entire adventure, behind only the first book/season.

IIRC, and I might not because it has been a while since I've read the books, the travesties in the colonies get back to the "us against the world" vibe of their early relationship, at least for a while. The North Carolina part of the story arc was probably my second-favorite chunk of their entire adventure, behind only the first book/season.

I also enjoyed the North Carolina part of the story and can't wait too see this play out; although if I remember correctly they do spend some time in Georgia/South Carolina with someone (I can't remember who) before they make their way up to the NC settlement.

I also enjoyed the North Carolina part of the story and can't wait too see this play out; although if I remember correctly they do spend some time in Georgia/South Carolina with someone (I can't remember who) before they make their way up to the NC settlement.

True. It is a Fraser relative of some sort, isn't it? But at least they're together through that part as well, and then for a good long stretch once they get to Fraser's Ridge. I feel like there's two or three books worth of material before the next separation storyline rears its ugly head. But again, I might be wrong - I binge-read the first seven books back to back so I lose track of where one ended and the next began.

Can we agree that from here on out posts contain spoilers about the show? Just in case not everyone is on board...

I agree that it was very slow. I think the writers want to ease into the drama and kind of depend on the viewers being caught up in the fact that they are finally watching new episodes that they don't pour a ton into the premiers. Things I appreciated about the episode:
  • a very solid theme around rings/circles starting with the shot of the noose in the opening and ending with Claire being forced to surrender her wedding band.
  • the absolutely beautiful moment when Jamie is comforting Ian over his trauma with Geillis
  • The choice to play America the Beautiful (Ray Charles?) during the final scene on the boat.
I'm so excited for the rest of the season!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter