Over booking on an airplane - how often does this happen- just curious ?

I take it this can only happen before you've checked in? Once you've got boarding cards online you won't be in the queue to be asked I assume?

I take it this can only happen before you've checked in? Once you've got boarding cards online you won't be in the queue to be asked I assume?

No it is when you check in. I am going to ask them when I check in as we dont need to be there at a specific time, although I wont go for it if they offer next day:scared1:

it depends on the airline and the situation - i've been on many flights where they made a general announcment to everyone sitting at the gate asking for volunteers....
even if you'd already checked in and had your boarding pass you could volunteer to be bumped...

i've never done it, but i've been on zillions of flights where there's been a lot of bumping...

in august, we made a point of getting to the airport early so that we wouldn't be involuntarily bumped as i knew that both our connecting flight and our kids' connecting flight were terribly oversold.

I know someone who got offered a flight next day by business class, overnight hotel and £800 each cash (there were 3 of them).

He said only about 3 lots of people went for it. I would have been up there like a shot !!!!!

They offered it to me once, but it was on the way to Orlando and I only had 4 days at WDW to begin with so didn't take it.
Would have loved to get bumped up on the way home but they didn't ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter