Overthinking this, but torn: DS or POP

JillianS1128

Mouseketeer
I've gone back and forth on this so many times in my brain.

I had been toying with ditching my DS plan for either POP or CSR for the past couple weeks (as prices were similar since I couldn't find any big deals for DS the last couple week).

I was pretty resigned to POP or CSR, and pretty excited about it.

Now Mouse Savers went and dropped that bomb for B Resort this morning :rotfl2:. NOW WHAT?!

It's my first ever trip to WDW. I do know the benefits and drawbacks of on-site v DS (so PLEASE let's not have this become a ridiculous debate- I'll ask the mods to lock the thread if it does :) ). For me, the benefits/drawbacks for each are pretty much tied. Hence my dilemma!

POP and B are now exactly the same price, all things considered.
CSR would be about $450 more (which is a good chunk of my flights for my international trip in Oct, so I'm not sure I can justify- especially now w/ the Mouse Savers deal at B.

So, specifically from those who are just as much fans of DS as they are on-site (again, no team v. team, please :) ), for your first ever trip, would you rec on-site? Even if it's POP?
  1. I think I'd way prefer CSR, but not sure about spending the extra dollars
  2. I don't know if I'll do a "down day", but if I do, I think either DS or CSR would be nicer
  3. POP feels a little "in your face", and I don't think I'd like just hanging around that resort if I had a down day, so might add a water park if I did POP.
  4. I'm not super high maintenance, so it doesn't have to be super fancy (and I'm digging the updated rooms at POP), but alas.

Help me over analyze! I've tentatively booked B so I wouldn't miss out on the deal, but that can, of course, be canceled.

:thanks::confused3

I've gone back and forth on this so many times in my brain.

I had been toying with ditching my DS plan for either POP or CSR for the past couple weeks (as prices were similar since I couldn't find any big deals for DS the last couple week).

I was pretty resigned to POP or CSR, and pretty excited about it.

Now Mouse Savers went and dropped that bomb for B Resort this morning :rotfl2:. NOW WHAT?!

It's my first ever trip to WDW. I do know the benefits and drawbacks of on-site v DS (so PLEASE let's not have this become a ridiculous debate- I'll ask the mods to lock the thread if it does :) ). For me, the benefits/drawbacks for each are pretty much tied. Hence my dilemma!

POP and B are now exactly the same price, all things considered.
CSR would be about $450 more (which is a good chunk of my flights for my international trip in Oct, so I'm not sure I can justify- especially now w/ the Mouse Savers deal at B.

So, specifically from those who are just as much fans of DS as they are on-site (again, no team v. team, please :) ), for your first ever trip, would you rec on-site? Even if it's POP?
  1. I think I'd way prefer CSR, but not sure about spending the extra dollars
  2. I don't know if I'll do a "down day", but if I do, I think either DS or CSR would be nicer
  3. POP feels a little "in your face", and I don't think I'd like just hanging around that resort if I had a down day, so might add a water park if I did POP.
  4. I'm not super high maintenance, so it doesn't have to be super fancy (and I'm digging the updated rooms at POP), but alas.

Help me over analyze! I've tentatively booked B so I wouldn't miss out on the deal, but that can, of course, be canceled.

:thanks::confused3

Okay, I am an onsite/offsite person. I started going in 1971 all offsite until 1992. Since 1992 I've had over 130 stays in Disney hotels and likely half that amount offsite. CSR is our favorite moderate, POP is our favorite value and B Resort is one of our two favorite DS (other is DTS for different reasons).

If you plan a down day, being at Disney Springs is nice for say early shopping & wandering, afternoon pool and relaxing time, evening back at DS for a entertainment, dining etc.

Just some thoughts ~

- I'll take CSR out of this given the price difference and the construction happening there. We are talking building a tower, over water restaurant AND the main pool area and everything around it will be closed during your trip. When you add the pool issue, I would automatically walk away from booking there - especially for more money.

- You say international, if you are not renting a car did you factor in transportation to B Resort OR if you are renting a car did Mousesaver's include free parking. And if you choose POP, and have a car add parking fee there as well.

- Pools at POP, main pool is small and often crowded, computer pool is boring and bowling pin pool is our pick BUT we rarely swim there because it's just not inviting. Maybe let DS swim once per trip. There is the gondola construction there but that can be avoided. I love POP but the food court is chaotic enough we usually avoid it by eating in parks, DS, driving offsite or snacking in room. Buses usually fill up and peak times you might have to wait for another bus. They don't share and no worse than any other resort can have happen.

- B Resort is an old building that B totally renovated, including some to pool. Zero entry on one end, more adult on other end. There are nice loungers, usually towels rolled up on them, bar within feet of pool, giant chess game, quick food a few steps away and shaded seating areas. The restaurant gets great reviews but we've never been around at dinner time, we are more night park people. Disney Springs bus system is good the only thing I hear complaints on are the bus goes to two parks and requires more time, but they should come often and I've never seen many waiting. We drive to parks so I've never used.

- POP rooms are almost done renovating but at 260 square feet and two queen beds, it is tight. Lots of cubbies and places to store your stuff, sliding doors in bathrooms were huge improvement. Decor is fairly sterile but clean looking. Doors open to outside.Outside is very colorful, in your face but it works for a Disney value resort.

- B Resort rooms are large as this is an older hotel, mostly at 344 square feet. They are also interior hallways with large window letting in light. The decor is blue and modern and has a touch of whimsy to the hotel. It's more boutique style. All our rooms have had a small sofa (sofabed) with coffee table. One trip was to a patio room that opened up to pool area with a fenced in private lanai with nice furnishings. It was great to just relax at pool, have our private area and be steps from our bathroom and cooler.

Either way you will have a good trip, and if you have never stayed on site you won't know the difference .... if you choose off.

If I could get B for same price at POP, I would pick B. As much as POP has been my place (35+ stays), the price is getting to where I can get more elsewhere. DS hotels getting 60 day FP+ and EMH (two of the biggest perks other than Magical Express) this year, it would be no contest.

Right now I have POP and a Hilton booked for September, and still looking. If I can get B Resort or Doubletree Suites I would jump there unless I decide on the Sheraton Vistana Resort that I can get right now for a week for less $ than my POP reservation for 4 days.

But thanks :tilt: now I am opening up Mousesavers to see if I will be switching. SO .. for my Sept dates I can get for $83 per night plus parking.

Last edited:
Okay, I am an onsite/offsite person. I started going in 1971 all offsite until 1992. Since 1992 I've had over 130 stays in Disney hotels and likely half that amount offsite. CSR is our favorite moderate, POP is our favorite value and B Resort is one of our two favorite DS (other is DTS for different reasons).

If you plan a down day, being at Disney Springs is nice for say early shopping & wandering, afternoon pool and relaxing time, evening back at DS for a entertainment, dining etc.

Just some thoughts ~

- I'll take CSR out of this given the price difference and the construction happening there. We are talking building a tower, over water restaurant AND the main pool area and everything around it will be closed during your trip. When you add the pool issue, I would automatically walk away from booking there - especially for more money. Yeah, thanks for this. I was playing with "mehhhh, will I even care about the construction??" this helped!

- You say international, if you are not renting a car did you factor in transportation to B Resort OR if you are renting a car did Mousesaver's include free parking. And if you choose POP, and have a car add parking fee there as well. no car- will either ME or uber to hotel, depending. Mouse Saver didn't include free parking, but did waive resort fees.

- Pools at POP, main pool is small and often crowded, computer pool is boring and bowling pin pool is our pick BUT we rarely swim there because it's just not inviting. Maybe let DS swim once per trip. There is the gondola construction there but that can be avoided. I love POP but the food court is chaotic enough we usually avoid it by eating in parks, DS, driving offsite or snacking in room. Buses usually fill up and peak times you might have to wait for another bus. They don't share and no worse than any other resort can have happen. yeah, it's the pool area which has me questioning the most. I'm not a huge pool person, but if I do go, I want it to be inviting and relaxing (well, as much as possible!!!).

- B Resort is an old building that B totally renovated, including some to pool. Zero entry on one end, more adult on other end. There are nice loungers, usually towels rolled up on them, bar within feet of pool, giant chess game, quick food a few steps away and shaded seating areas. The restaurant gets great reviews but we've never been around at dinner time, we are more night park people. Disney Springs bus system is good the only thing I hear complaints on are the bus goes to two parks and requires more time, but they should come often and I've never seen many waiting. We drive to parks so I've never used. Great! Will take buses- definitely know it's just as much of a "depends on the luck of the day" for both DS bus system and resort buses.

- POP rooms are almost done renovating but at 260 square feet and two queen beds, it is tight. Lots of cubbies and places to store your stuff, sliding doors in bathrooms were huge improvement. Decor is fairly sterile but clean. Doors open to outside.Outside is very colorful, in your face but it works for a Disney value resort. I'm just solo, so less concerned about that, but yeah!

- B Resort rooms are large as this is an older hotel, mostly at 344 square feet. They are also interior hallways with large window letting in light. The decor is blue and modern and has a touch of whimsy to the hotel. It's more boutique style. All our rooms have had a small sofa (sofabed) with coffee table. One trip was to a patio room that opened up to pool area with a fenced in private lanai with nice furnishings. It was great to just relax at pool, have our private area and be steps from our bathroom and cooler. This sounds nice! Has me tempted to do the pool level suites...though I'm on my own so maybe want the added comfort level of being in the tower.

Either way you will have a good trip, and if you have never stayed on site you won't know the difference .... if you choose off.

If I could get B for same price at POP, I would pick B. As much as POP has been my place (35+ stays), the price is getting to where I can get more elsewhere. DS hotels getting 60 day FP+ and EMH (two of the biggest perks other than Magical Express) this year, it would be no contest. Yeah, ok you convinced me! May as well save my on-site for next year when DS might not continue to get those perks.

Right now I have POP and a Hilton booked for September, and still looking. If I can get B Resort or Doubletree Suites I would jump there unless I decide on the Sheraton Vistana Resort that I can get right now for a week for less $ than my POP reservation for 4 days.

But thanks :tilt: now I am opening up Mousesavers to see if I will be switching. check it out!!

Thank you! You've def helped sway me away from CSR for this particular trip. I think for a shorter trip, POP would be great (or with kiddos), but a longer, solo trip, I think it's B or a mod (and the price difference there is too much- especially with CBR and CSR under construction zones, and I don't think I can justify POFQ right now (though tempted!!)

Thank you! You've def helped sway me away from CSR for this particular trip. I think for a shorter trip, POP would be great (or with kiddos), but a longer, solo trip, I think it's B or a mod (and the price difference there is too much- especially with CBR and CSR under construction zones, and I don't think I can justify POFQ right now (though tempted!!)

Either make sure you are in the tower or book a pool view. They still have inside halls but the sliders go to your patio. Above rooms, have a balcony .... The other rooms in the lower building have sliders out to the parking lot. We did that once but it was only a couple nights for us to do VERY LATE activities so we didn't care, just a bed. Look at the pool with lanai rooms, I would totally do that if by solo and relaxing! But tower is fine too.

These two are outside of suites but gives you an idea of view.
oversized_room_private_patio_0.jpg

B-Resort-Located-Orlando-Pool-Terrace.jpg

This is the size of a regular room patio ..

b-resort-spa.jpg

b-resort-spa.jpg

pool.jpg

Last edited:

I love most things Disney BUT when it comes to the resorts, they are pricey. The photos above look wonderful and I'd even enjoy a down day by that pool on my patio. That said, what kind of rate are you getting for that type of room at that time of year?

I like Pop better than the other Value resorts - it's newer, cleaner ( usually ) and a bit closer to the common areas ( parks, DS ).

I can't remember if you have a car or will be relying on bus transportation to the parks. That is the only thing that would make me question B. I'd check their current schedule ( the resort should be able to provide you with a basic idea ) and let that be your deciding factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter