• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Packing for Ireland

Hey Chica, I copied this off Delta (out)

All Delta passengers are allowed one carry-on bag and one personal item that meet the criteria below.

Size and Weight Restrictions

If your carry-on bag doesn't meet these size and weight restrictions it must be checked, and all checked baggage rules will apply. Your bag must:

* Weigh less than 40 pounds (18 kg).
* Not exceed 45 inches (length + width + height).
* Fit easily in our SizeCheck® unit (approximately 22"x14"x9").
* Fit in an overhead bin or underneath the seat in front of you.

Aer Lingus (in)

Cabin/Hand Baggage
• Cabin baggage is restricted to 1 piece per passenger, weighing less than 6 kgs/13 lbs in total, and must fit in the overhead bin or under your seat. Cabin baggage limits are strictly enforced.

• The maximum dimensions for a cabin bag are
56cms x 45cms x 25cms or 22in x 18in x 10in.

It seems that Delta has the most stringent of the baggage rules so we need to follow theirs for checked baggage too.

There are plenty of Molton Brown Spa tolietries at all three of the hotels (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion) - I brought back a large ziploc bag full of them! - so you will have plenty. There are also blowdryers, irons and ironing boards in all of the rooms.

Thanks for the good info Poppins!

Redzinner,
I would get my money for the guides before Dromoland Castle. I don't remember if there was an ATM there. However, every little town will have them. I'm excited for you!! Remember the best irish stew is at the Guiness brewery, best hot cholotate and scones are at inch beach. Enjoy!

It seems that Delta has the most stringent of the baggage rules so we need to follow theirs for checked baggage too.

That's why my REALLY big suitcase is out. It ends up weighing more than 50 lbs. more often than not. I'll have to take a look tonight... I know I have a mid-sized roller that will work for my main suitcase, but I'm not sure what I have for a carry on. I am absolutely NOT purchasing another freaking (s'cuse me) bag!!!! :rolleyes:

It's good news about the toiletries though. One less thing to think about! Thanks, Poppins! :flower3:

Redzinner,
Remember the best irish stew is at the Guiness brewery, best hot cholotate and scones are at inch beach. Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips 1 whooper!
We went to WDW this past weekend and Epcot was sooooo crowded! Some good topiaries though especially the Lion King ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter