Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you also got 3 FPs just from holding a ticket or pass, even if offsite. Now you will have 2. Or 1.

I can see your point if they get rid of the different booking windows.

right, but those onsite had access to 3 at 60+ days, now it would only be 1 meaning, theoretically, more are available to those willing to pay if that now gets rid of 2*[number of people staying on site] already being taken

It’s tough not to think that way. I invested in APs for my family. They’re activated. We are doing the next two trips and then we were out for a bit anyway.

I have 6 day hoppers in my account for a future trip. That trip could be years away and might be offsite at this rate.

This terrifies me in regards to room rates for next year. If they are already monetizing fast passes before they see what actually happens after Galaxy's Edge opens, then what will they do to room rates?

I planned my budget for a 10% increase over this year, and I thought that was a great cushion looking at past increases. Now I fear it was too low. :(

Well exactly if this goes into affect before out August trip there is a chance we move offsite and use the difference in cost to buy FP.

I was waiting to see if there would be a hard ticket event for SW:GE and would use savings from staying off site (and/or fewer days in parks, less TS meals, etc.) and now could use those same savings towards paid FP (depending on details of course)

In order to find something possibly positive about this...I personally wouldn't mind if we saw less people with their eyes glued to their phones as they walk around WDW. I know that will happen no matter what, but a good number of those folks are using their phones for FP related reasons, so if we have to give that up, that's the one tiny thing I could call a silver lining..a slight decrease in people not looking where they are going due to looking for FPs. Yeah, it's a lame silver lining, but I tried. ;)

In order to find something possibly positive about this...I personally wouldn't mind if we saw less people with their eyes glued to their phones as they walk around WDW. I know that will happen no matter what, but a good number of those folks are using their phones for FP related reasons, so if we have to give that up, that's the one tiny thing I could call a silver lining..a slight decrease in people not looking where they are going due to looking for FPs. Yeah, it's a lame silver lining, but I tried. ;)

I agree I hate how much time I spend doing that, but the ability to snatch FP at any given time is really the only positive to the current system. I can find something to do with no wait pretty much any time with enough effort. If this goes away, and standby lines remain just as long, I just can't see myself wanting to go very often. As it is, with knowledge you can have a good time even on a crowded day.

Last edited:
Ummm.... yikes.

Just got back from a pretty good trip, and good friends of ours asked if maybe they could try to come with us for our next trip, which I was hoping to do in 2022. I know I have a few years to observe all of this... but I can't imagine bringing them and having all this be their first impression. Not real magical. Unless they feel like the FP lines are making the standby lines too horrible and they want to sort of revert to the way it was, but by only having 1 or 2 FPs they can still get a general idea of how many people are planning to visit X park on a particular day or something. I dunno.

My daughter is really into Harry Potter... can't say what she will be into in 3 years, but I had intended to try to get over to Universal for a day or two to see that for her... but if Dis continues on this current trajectory, maybe an all Universal trip it is.

This is from the "Why should you stay at a Disney World Resort" FAQ's..

You can begin making your FastPass+ selections at 7:00 AM Eastern Time up to 30 days in advance of your visit. If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay.
For a single theme park per day, you can make up to 3 FastPass+ selections in advance either online or using the mobile app and you may change or cancel your selections any time. You can also get assistance from the Lobby Concierge at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel or at a FastPass+ kiosk in any of the parks.

2 thoughts , "if true" will this be grandfathered in ?
and I'm sure "if true" it will be 60+ days from SWGE opening.

This is from the "Why should you stay at a Disney World Resort" FAQ's..

You can begin making your FastPass+ selections at 7:00 AM Eastern Time up to 30 days in advance of your visit. If you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in for the entire length of your stay.
For a single theme park per day, you can make up to 3 FastPass+ selections in advance either online or using the mobile app and you may change or cancel your selections any time. You can also get assistance from the Lobby Concierge at your Walt Disney World Resort hotel or at a FastPass+ kiosk in any of the parks.

2 thoughts , "if true" will this be grandfathered in ?
and I'm sure "if true" it will be 60+ day from SWGE opening.
Doubtful.

bronze lining? Tin lining?

Would this apply to day of fast passes or only those purchases in advance? What happens if you need to drop a paid FP?

I don’t like the sound of this at all. I was okay with the Club Level FPs because that did not seem to have too big an impact on everyone else. This seems like a major change.

Any idea when more details will be out?

I’m also thinking of how I won’t be booking deluxe resorts or character meals in order to offset the cost of paying for FP.

exactly ... I mean, I am sure there are some guests who will just suck up the extra cost, but others that just factor this in as now the new cost of a park ticket and then have to take $ away from other areas (I know that is us)

Would this apply to day of fast passes or only those purchases in advance? What happens if you need to drop a paid FP?

I don’t like the sound of this at all. I was okay with the Club Level FPs because that did not seem to have too big an impact on everyone else. This seems like a major change.

Any idea when more details will be out?

all good questions, no idea .... these details will be important (though I assume if you drop a paid FP they would have to give you credit or a refund)

come to the dark side with us (a.k.a., staying offsite) ... we've got included breakfast ;)

That's what is killing me the most. My favorite part of our WDW vacations is the resort. Especially the Epcot area. We spend a lot of time at our resort and walking to/from parks is amazing.

If I have to sacrifice where I like to stay just to now have to buy something I used to be given for free, the plan will be just go even less than we do now I suppose, and we only go every 3 years, or just stop going.

I mean honest to god, this is turning me off of Galaxy's Edge altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter