Parks Game! Part 8! The game continues...so you must keep on playing!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to clear up an error about James' question.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JamesD
What attraction that no longer exists at WDW, was downgraded in the 70's from and E to a D ticket?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assumed it was in Fantasyland - James did not say it was Fantasyland.

I assumed this due to the fact that I knew what rides were opening day E-ticket rides. I know because I myself have asked this question in the past. Therefore, knowing what rides were E-tickets and what rides no longer exist. I concluded it was the Fantasyland ride 20k Leagues.

Sorry for the confusion. That was my fault. Break out the wet noodles now.

Morning all....it's a beautiful day here, makes me feel really guilty thinking of all of you up the coast. Hope it's not too bad and goes through quick.

I'll 2nd Darwineffect, and say The Circle of Life.

Originally posted by JamesD
Just checking in on the anniversary activities.
I don't believe anyone has answered my question about the E to D ticket attraction.
It was probably before everyone's time! It was one of the original Fantasyland attractions and was 'demoted' in 1973.

1Hour....James did say Fantasyland. So you might want to stick with that 20K answer! :) I'm sure he'll be back to clear this one up.

And a really round AAQ card to Darwin, who came out of lurking to post the correct "Circle of Life" answer!! C'mon Darwin, throw out a new question now! :)

Granny - Thanks - I now have less reason to believe I am going crazy!:p

If Darwin isn't going to use his AAQ - I'll toss out one of mine.

While doing research for this game recently I stumbled on something. Dragons! Mythical creatures that live(d) only in our imagination. Got me thinking...

Where can you find dragons in the parks? Past or present...

Granted, I don't have an actually number - but have a good idea of how many, where, etc.

Give it a shot! How many can we come up with...

Good Luck!

Sorry I'm so late checking in -- CoasterAddict gets an AAQ card for correctly naming the 9 original Fantasyland attractions.

A little windy here in the more central part of NC ... no rain yet so I gave my ponchos to Leigh Ann:)

You can find a dragon in Maelstrom in Norway. For some reason I think the boats have dragon heads on them .... but then again maybe those trolls were playing mind games with us:earseek:

Edit: P.S. If we hit the 150-page limit would someone please leave breadcrumbs for those of us who might otherwise be weather watching? Thanks!

Well, Figment's a dragon at JIYI.

And there's one in Fantasmic.

And seems to me there's one on the top of a building in Downtown Disney.

Oh, and there's the Nine Dragons restaurant in China in EPCOT World Showcase. I'm sure there are dragons in there!

And is there one in Germany? St. George was a dragon slayer, after all!

There's a dragon slide at Port Orleans pool.

Is there a Lego dragon in DTD?

And before the Mistress of the HM swoops in, aren't there door handles shaped like dragon's heads in Haunted Mansion?

Okay - Good Job so far!

Park Dragons

DJen - Norway boats
Granny - Nine Dragons Restaurant
Granny - Figment
Granny - Fantasmic dragon
Granny - St. George and the Dragon (Germany)

We won't count the ones at DTD or POFQ. I did ask in the parks.

Granny - you got one of the ones I thought would be a toughie - St George in Germany!

I'm not sure of the HM door handles. Will need proof.

Keep up the good work!

Hmmmm....I thought the door handles are bats, but I may be, and probably am, wrong. I think MBabe asked this question once, she may remember.

There's a dragon in the logo sign at AK and on a parking lot sign. This was for the never developed Beastly Kingdom which was supposed to be part of AK.

WDW4us2 got another one!

Park Dragons

DJen - Norway boats
Granny - Figment
wdw4us2 - DAK logo

Keep trying. A few more!

Originally posted by Magickndm
Hmmmm....I thought the door handles are bats, but I may be, and probably am, wrong. I think MBabe asked this question once, she may remember.

You're right MK....it wasn't door handles. I meant to say door knockers.

tour_corridor_doorknob.jpg

Hi Boss! You know that you're always welcome here! :)

I believe we have some leftover whiparitas somewhere if you want to get an early start today....yep, here they are! :smooth:

Great! We have confirmation on the HM knockers!

Park Dragons

DJen - Norway boats
Granny - Figment
wdw4us2 - DAK logo
Granny - HM knockers

Good work so far!

Way to go Granny....I forgot about the door knockers.
Nice to see you here springsteenmickey (tho can I call you Boss too? springsteenmickey is a lot to type out.) Ah, who am I kidding, I copy and paste it, but still, Boss would be quicker.

Any unanswered questions out there?

MK....I think by 1Hour's response, there are still more dragons in the parks!

1Hour....how about the kimono dragons on Maharajah Jungle Trek? :D

Thank you Granny. MK, please Boss would suit me just fine.

I think I will wait for the next question since I have no idea on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter