ParkSavers...My Experience

I wanted to get a couple of tickets and just hold them for some undetermined time. However ti says tickets are valid now through Dec. 31st, 2018. Do they really have this restrictions on tickets now?

Laura
No, there isn't a restriction. These tickets are purchased through an agreement with Expedia and that's just the date that has to be listed on the voucher. As soon as you receive the # to link to MDE, you are fine. The tickets do not expire.

See this from the email linked in the OP:
  • The valid dates listed on your voucher are only redemption suggestions and are NOT usage requirements. "Valid dates" on voucher do not apply after you have received your FastPass+ confirmation number. Tickets are non-expiring and may be used any time after this. Tickets only expire 14 days after the first day of actual usage.

So if I buy a few now for a trip we are planning in 2019 would they still be good then. We already have ours for this years trip linked and thinking of getting more for our next trip and saving them

So if I buy a few now for a trip we are planning in 2019 would they still be good then. We already have ours for this years trip linked and thinking of getting more for our next trip and saving them
Yes. Add a new person or persons to your MDE account - Ticket Saver1, Ticket Saver2 etc. and link the tickets to them. That way they'll be safe until you reassign them for your 2019 trip.

Yes. Add a new person or persons to your MDE account - Ticket Saver1, Ticket Saver2 etc. and link the tickets to them. That way they'll be safe until you reassign them for your 2019 trip.[/QU

Thank you, this helps a lot. We want to go for Star Wars hoping that's when they open since that's what I have been hearing and getting the tickets now would be fantastic.

When ordering on Parksavers it wants you to enter a "redemption date". What exactly do they mean by this?

When ordering on Parksavers it wants you to enter a "redemption date". What exactly do they mean by this?
See the post at the top of the page. It's just a requirement that Expedia has.

How do I link these tickets to my MDE? I got a vouchers, but voucher # doesn't work online

How do I link these tickets to my MDE? I got a vouchers, but voucher # doesn't work online
Are they the vouchers with a bar code and EX# below? Those are the Expedia vouchers. There is one step left. You should get an email from PS 2 or 3 days after the voucher email that will have the official Disney confirmation codes. Those are the codes that you will use to link to MDE. Hope that helps!

For what it's worth, I gave up on Parksavers when I saw this for my Universal tickets, because I have a low tolerance for poorly designed web sites, and it wasn't worth the few dollar savings (compared to UT with the Mousesavers discount) for me to spend time trying to find an answer. I might have felt differently if it were for more than a 3-for-2 day pass, with a corresponding increase in the savings.

Would it be so hard for them to put a "what is this?" help link on that entry?

Yes. Add a new person or persons to your MDE account - Ticket Saver1, Ticket Saver2 etc. and link the tickets to them. That way they'll be safe until you reassign them for your 2019 trip.

This MDE tip is kind of mind blowing for me! We have only ever purchased tickets directly from Disney. Not only do I have trust issues with third party sellers (thanks to all the fraud stories out there!) but I also keep the hard copy tickets in our scrapbook from each trip. This thread is reminding me how much I have yet to learn about saving money at Disney. I'm nervous about purchasing tickets 18+ months in advance, but the savings would let us stay an extra day or two!

This MDE tip is kind of mind blowing for me! We have only ever purchased tickets directly from Disney. Not only do I have trust issues with third party sellers (thanks to all the fraud stories out there!) but I also keep the hard copy tickets in our scrapbook from each trip. This thread is reminding me how much I have yet to learn about saving money at Disney. I'm nervous about purchasing tickets 18+ months in advance, but the savings would let us stay an extra day or two!
Manipulating/reassigning digital tickets is very easy within MDE! :)

If you want hard, plastic tickets, you can request them at Guest Relations and you will be issued plastic tickets that will be matched up to each "digital" Parksavers ticket linked to your MDE.

To anyone who has purchased these, could you check your credit card statement to see how this purchase codes? The reason I ask is with my Cap 1 Venture card I can use miles to "erase" a travel expense. I know UT codes as a travel agency so purchases through them can be erased just curious as to how Parksavers codes. Thanks

Okay, is this site for real? I usually get my tix from UT with MS discount, which I've always considered to be the cheapest way out there.
Right now, the ticket I'm looking at is $50(!) cheaper than UT.

Okay, is this site for real? I usually get my tix from UT with MS discount, which I've always considered to be the cheapest way out there.
Right now, the ticket I'm looking at is $50(!) cheaper than UT.
Yes, Parksavers is a legitimate discount ticket seller. They are in some way associated with Expedia to sell the greatly discounted tickets and pass on the savings.

But the catch is that they send you a voucher (which isn't really good for anything), and then a second email with the WDW codes (and never plastic tix until you go to guest relations and request them)? Is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter