ParkSavers...My Experience

Under the rules section for WDW tickets, it says your tickets are tracked by Vacationeer Travels, LLC via Disney for redemption and usage purposes.

What do you suppose that means?

I wonder if that means they get to track information about how you tour the parks. Put our collective data together, and that adds up to valuable information.

Just found this link and i am happy thanks, but has anyone booked a hotel through them?
can they book disney resort hotels?

If I purchase these tickets today can they be used for my upcoming January 2017 trip?

ETA:
I'm referring to the "7 day- buy 4 get 3 days free tickets"

Does anyone know how much it costs to add 1 day to these 7-day tickets? Or, where do I find that information?

Does anyone know how much it costs to add 1 day to these 7-day tickets? Or, where do I find that information?

This is a slightly complicated question. The DIS used to have a sticky on the subject, but sadly the fabulous CM who oversaw it passed away. He helped us so much!

There's another webpage that's very useful, I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to mention other websites. But if you search, you'll find it. Actually, I know two other pages that have ticket price lists.

I'm not sure about parksavers per say, but most 3rd party ticket places pay a wholesale price. (less than the retail price at the gates, and less than they charge you.)

If all goes well, your ticket gets bridged when you ask to modify it, and you only pay the difference between the two retail prices. Seven day hopper retail is $467.54, eight day hopper is $478.19 = $10.49 including all tax.

Other times, the WDW staff says the value of your ticket is the wholesale price. In that case, they will try to charge you the difference between the wholesale value and the 8-day retail price. If that happens, you can appeal to a manager or walk away.

Now, one other thing that is VERY important! If you buy a seven day ticket, and use all seven days, that's it. You can't modify it on (what would be) day 8. You can also ONLY modify a ticket with 14 days of first use. I'm not sure if they let you change it on day 7. Your best bet is to modify it after you use it at least once, but by day 6 at the latest.

This is a slightly complicated question. The DIS used to have a sticky on the subject, but sadly the fabulous CM who oversaw it passed away. He helped us so much!

There's another webpage that's very useful, I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to mention other websites. But if you search, you'll find it. Actually, I know two other pages that have ticket price lists.

I'm not sure about parksavers per say, but most 3rd party ticket places pay a wholesale price. (less than the retail price at the gates, and less than they charge you.)

If all goes well, your ticket gets bridged when you ask to modify it, and you only pay the difference between the two retail prices. Seven day hopper retail is $467.54, eight day hopper is $478.19 = $10.49 including all tax.

Other times, the WDW staff says the value of your ticket is the wholesale price. In that case, they will try to charge you the difference between the wholesale value and the 8-day retail price. If that happens, you can appeal to a manager or walk away.

Now, one other thing that is VERY important! If you buy a seven day ticket, and use all seven days, that's it. You can't modify it on (what would be) day 8. You can also ONLY modify a ticket with 14 days of first use. I'm not sure if they let you change it on day 7. Your best bet is to modify it after you use it at least once, but by day 6 at the latest.

Thank you. I'm thinking there is some risk to this .....so I'm probably not going to do the 7 day parksavers deal since I need 8 days. If it was just my husband and I...maybe....but I'm traveling with a group of 10, and I'm the designated 'tour guide' so to speak....and I'm thinking I don't want the hassle. Thank you!

Thank you. I'm thinking there is some risk to this .....so I'm probably not going to do the 7 day parksavers deal since I need 8 days. If it was just my husband and I...maybe....but I'm traveling with a group of 10, and I'm the designated 'tour guide' so to speak....and I'm thinking I don't want the hassle. Thank you!
You don't have to worry about Parksavers tickets. Tickets are no longer "bridged." You will only pay the difference between a regular 7-day ticket and the 8-day ticket - the $10 pricing noted by a PP.

You don't have to worry about Parksavers tickets. Tickets are no longer "bridged." You will only pay the difference between a regular 7-day ticket and the 8-day ticket - the $10 pricing noted by a PP.

How do you know this? If that is true, then we never have to worry about a CM not using the gate price for an upgrade, correct?

How do you know this? If that is true, then we never have to worry about a CM not using the gate price for an upgrade, correct?
Correct, if the CM is knowledgeable.

@ravenclawtrekkie has posted in many threads that bridging no longer occurs and a guest does not have to use the ticket prior to upgrading.

If I purchase these tickets today can they be used for my upcoming January 2017 trip?

ETA:
I'm referring to the "7 day- buy 4 get 3 days free tickets"

Yes, I spoke with Park Savers before buying because I was concerned with the redemption date field on the order form. Our trip is also in January, and I was told the redemption date field was just so Park Savers would know if they could get the voucher and confirmation numbers to you on time and that I could certainly use the tickets in Jan. My tickets are loaded in MDE and waiting for our trip.

Correct, if the CM is knowledgeable.

@ravenclawtrekkie has posted in many threads that bridging no longer occurs and a guest does not have to use the ticket prior to upgrading.

Oh, I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you meant that the computer system would now not even show the wholesale price of the ticket, only the gate price. and therefore mistakes would be impossible to make. Sounds like it could still happen if the CM doesn't know their stuff.

Oh, I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you meant that the computer system would now not even show the wholesale price of the ticket, only the gate price. and therefore mistakes would be impossible to make. Sounds like it could still happen if the CM doesn't know their stuff.
@ravenclawtrekkie can address this much better than me. She has responses in many threads and is a ticket CM.

Price bridging absolutely still occurs, it's just not dependent on usage.

RE: the other topic here - if a ticket is from a wholesaler, we see the price the wholesaler paid Disney for the ticket, in most cases, not what the guest paid the wholesaler. That's the primary reason for price bridging to begin with. But most CMs don't even look at that - tickets that aren't at gate price have other indicators that show that they should be bridged. The CM doing the upgrade just needs to know what to look for.

Price bridging absolutely still occurs, it's just not dependent on usage.

RE: the other topic here - if a ticket is from a wholesaler, we see the price the wholesaler paid Disney for the ticket, in most cases, not what the guest paid the wholesaler. That's the primary reason for price bridging to begin with. But most CMs don't even look at that - tickets that aren't at gate price have other indicators that show that they should be bridged. The CM doing the upgrade just needs to know what to look for.
Thanks! I knew I was missing something but wanted the PP to know that she will only pay the minimal difference to upgrade tickets.

Why does park saver ask for a name of person redeeming and date of use, if they really don't need it? I would have used their service, if it wasn't for that. I know it says it really doesn't matter, but I was around when magic bands first came out and read all the nightmare stories of people's tickets not linking, so putting a name and date on their site made me too nervous that we would have an issue. I just paid the higher price to Undercover Tourist. I know I am paranoid. What can I say??

I have attempted multiple ticket modifications. Sometimes they go smoothly, and sometimes they don't.

The last time I tried to convert 3rd party tickets to an AP, we were quoted the higher price as I described. The CM was pretty insistent that she had quoted me the correct price. I politely asked for a manager, who started off telling us the same thing.

In the end, they did it, but we were there for almost an hour! It was the 9-10am hour!

I'm glad to hear the process is improved.

I would still advise anyone attempting a modification to know the exact prices, and to expect that it is going to take some time. Most transactions only take a few minutes, but sometimes they take a while, especially if GS has a line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter