• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Passholder Thingy Came With Magic Bands

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
Just got our MBs yesterday and in the box were 2 little plastic things with PassHolder written on them. What are they for?

Bill From PA

Just a slider that goes on your MB if you want to wear it. It helps to have it on there in case you may be at a restaurant or a store where they have a passholder discount and you may not realize it but the CM may see it and remind you of it. Happened to us a couple times.

Thanks!

Bill From PA

Just got our MBs yesterday and in the box were 2 little plastic things with PassHolder written on them. What are they for?

Bill From PA

No practical purpose, it’s just a trinket.

Although I have had CMs notice it and say “oh, are you AP” which then reminds me that I may be somewhere that a discount is available (I sometimes forget to ask). You still need your card and ID though, the slider isn’t enough.

They use to be a different color and have the year on them, but now for this year and last year their just orange and say Passholder.

I slide mine on my band and just wear it where it shows on the side. Some worry about their band coming off their wrist so they put the slider over where the band snaps apart to make it feel more secure to them

Like others said you'll still need your AP card and ID to get the AP discount at places

Thanks for the replies, I assume the Passholder card I got last year with the APs are still valid as are the MBs, correct?

Bill From PA

Thanks for the replies, I assume the Passholder card I got last year with the APs are still valid as are the MBs, correct?

Bill From PA

Did you just renew / this is your second year with the AP? If so, you need to swing by a Guest Relations office or someplace like the ticket window at IG or TTC to get a new card. It will be the same card, but have a different date on the back.

If still in your first year, then you’re good.

Bill From PA
You can enter the parks with the bands or the card,for discounts I believe you need the card.

Bill From PA

You get a new AP card every year. Just swing by guest service

Thanks, all. This Oct will be under the end of the AP we bought last Nov so we're using the AP we had.

Bill From PA

No practical purpose, it’s just a trinket.

Very practical, actually. Especially in the days of MB version 1, when they would fall off often, if you put the slider on so it sits where the straps overlap it can keep the band from popping off.

I’ve used my DVC sliders in that way. Very useful.

Some worry about their band coming off their wrist so they put the slider over where the band snaps apart to make it feel more secure to them
I never used to worry about this but had it happen last month at the airport! Luckily someone sitting nearby noticed and picked it up and ran after me with it (we were walking to our gate in Denver). I guess she knew it was very important! I never thought to use the passholder piece to keep the band secure. Think I’ll try it. Maybe I’ll worry less about possibly losing my band again. After that happened I began obsessively checking my band throughout the day and even put an extra in my backpack. LOL

We never got magic bands when we ordered our annual passes and never got the slider thing. Not that it is a huge deal but is it because we had been before and they figured we had magic bands already? I kinda want them because I want to collect all the colors. Should I email and ask for them or is that being petty?

We never got magic bands when we ordered our annual passes and never got the slider thing. Not that it is a huge deal but is it because we had been before and they figured we had magic bands already? I kinda want them because I want to collect all the colors. Should I email and ask for them or is that being petty?
You won't get a MB until you activate the AP at a ticket booth or guest relations. Once your AP has been used to enter a park you will be able to customize your MB. It is a little backward but once you get to the point where you are renewing a MB, the option to customize the band is automatic. :)

Also, if you don't have your AP card, they will sometimes give you the discount if they see. For instance, I ran into a store to get a sweatshirt for my daughter as it was chilly one night. I didn't even thing about the fact that I left my wallet on the stroller with DH and the kids. I used my MB to pay. While I was in there, I said oh I forgot my AP card for the discount. The clerk said oh, I see it on your MB, I will give it to you. I"m not sure they will always do that, but it was nice that I didn't have to run out and get my wallet in that instance.

We activated our APs in April and didn't get an offer of a MB. We already had some on so maybe the lady assumed we didn't need/want them? I would have said something if I knew they came with MBs but I thought those were only for when you were staying on resort.

We activated our APs in April and didn't get an offer of a MB. We already had some on so maybe the lady assumed we didn't need/want them? I would have said something if I knew they came with MBs but I thought those were only for when you were staying on resort.
Have you logged in and checked on My Disney Experience? There should be a way to order the MB that way. I don’t think they automatically send it/offer it. You have to log in and customize.

No offer of a MB. You have to log into MDE and go to your My Account. Select MagicBands & Cards and you should be able to customize your AP MBs and have them shipped. They will still be there from April and even next year.

Note: This is only valid after you actually activate your AP at Guest Relations at any Park.

Dave

Minutes after you activate your AP at the Disney it'll pop up in your mde account that you have a magic band to customize. Select the color and put a special name on the band and they'll ship it to you along with the AP Slider.

It's not offered to you at the park by a CM, it's automatically activated in your mde.

I wear mine, even though my pass has expired. I plan on getting another AP when we return for Christmas.

It's honestly more of a nostalgia thing, but I'm shocked at the amount of CMs that see the band, assume I'm an AP holder, then apply a discount without checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter