• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

You know that your points hunting is wearing off on your significant other when he is looking at what is the better price on cookies per 100 grams when he points out that we get an extra 500 points per package of cookies :rotfl: :rotfl:
That was us shopping on Sunday morning. He was complaining about how much money we spent this week ( 155 and change ) and with all our points I got an extra 8300 points this week. Our pantry needed a little restocking again...and most of those items had points attached to them :hyper2: He picked the packages of cookies based on the points. He still does not understand or realize that the bulk of our points come from me watching and shopping at Shopper's for items we use that are on sale and on points weekends. but he sure notices when the points total jumps up :flower:

I'm curious to know if anyone has looked more into the, 'PC Money Account' that PC Financial is advertising.

I was with PC banking for almost 20 years when they split into Simplii Financial and PC Financial a couple of years ago. It seems to me that PC Financial may be trying to get into bank accounts? Is that how others are reading it?

I'm trying to do the points thing and see which would be more beneficial. That being said, if the only place I can take cash out of a machine without penalty (my guess only) is in a Loblaws location with a bank machine then I can't see this being a good option. I like that I can go to CIBC locations as there are a lot more of those available.

just curious to see what others have thought of their latest push for this new product?

I got an email about it but I am happy with my Tangerine account. I wasn't quite clear if it was an actual account or some kind of prepaid credit card situation.

I like my Tangerine though, I've had an account with them since they were ING back in the beginning but only as a savings. I switched to their chequing as well last year when my bank raised fees again (without telling me). I love it now, I get my pay cheque the day before my actual pay day (shh!) and just find it really easy to use. I don't miss having a bank to visit, if I need cash I find a Scotiabank location. I have a savings for me and one for my son as well. And just today I see they are (finally) going to offer a Visa Debit which means I can pay for amazon from my account again (the only thing I have missed from my old account). Any way! All to say, yes, saw the email about PC Cash but didn't give it much thought. If I wasn't happy with what I have I probably would have though, anything to avoid fees.

I got an email about it but I am happy with my Tangerine account. I wasn't quite clear if it was an actual account or some kind of prepaid credit card situation.

I like my Tangerine though, I've had an account with them since they were ING back in the beginning but only as a savings. I switched to their chequing as well last year when my bank raised fees again (without telling me). I love it now, I get my pay cheque the day before my actual pay day (shh!) and just find it really easy to use. I don't miss having a bank to visit, if I need cash I find a Scotiabank location. I have a savings for me and one for my son as well. And just today I see they are (finally) going to offer a Visa Debit which means I can pay for amazon from my account again (the only thing I have missed from my old account). Any way! All to say, yes, saw the email about PC Cash but didn't give it much thought. If I wasn't happy with what I have I probably would have though, anything to avoid fees.
I agree that no fees is huge. My former bank had gone up to something like $14/month for fees when I switched to PC Financial. I've paid fees a handful of times over 20 years and that was when I took money out of a bank machine in the US and when I was at another bank with a friend when PC wasn't available. I'm sure in total I haven't paid $20 in fees in 20 years!!

I'm curious to know if anyone has looked more into the, 'PC Money Account' that PC Financial is advertising.

I was with PC banking for almost 20 years when they split into Simplii Financial and PC Financial a couple of years ago. It seems to me that PC Financial may be trying to get into bank accounts? Is that how others are reading it?

I'm trying to do the points thing and see which would be more beneficial. That being said, if the only place I can take cash out of a machine without penalty (my guess only) is in a Loblaws location with a bank machine then I can't see this being a good option. I like that I can go to CIBC locations as there are a lot more of those available.

just curious to see what others have thought of their latest push for this new product?
I was already talking to my husband about switching to no fee banking and we were looking around. I think the account we have now with RBC is $17 a month .This account coming out is just added incentive. I particularly love that it’s going to earn me more PC points. I’m just not a fan of credit cards though we use them and pay them off weekly. The MasterCard branded debit card would be perfect for me. I‘d rather use that and have it come directly from my bank account. It would work anywhere a credit card would and make life more simple. I might keep a Visa for major purchases so that I had the purchase insurance but I’m done with fees. I’m pretty excited about it.

I did some math on this new account. If I'm doing it right then we would get one cent for every dollar spent from the account. I think that is only on purchases from the account, does anyone know if this is right? Right now I seldom use my bank account for purchases. Everything goes on my MC for AM purposes. It's one AM for every $10 spend which works out to about a cent for every dollar as well.
Full disclosure, I am a retired banker and as such don't pay fees on my account. Also get a discount on any US bought or MC fees I choose to pay. So no fees doesn't make any difference for me.
Comes down to getting AM's or PC points. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. I find collecting PC points easier but can get more with my AM's in some categories. Hotels, Via Rail, Airlines.
It's so hard to made choices sometimes.....

i played my daily round of aisles of glory and no points bonus popped up...maybe they‘ve given them all out?

it lasted a lot longer than it did last time, but i’m still sad to see it end!

i played my daily round of aisles of glory and no points bonus popped up...maybe they‘ve given them all out?

it lasted a lot longer than it did last time, but i’m still sad to see it end!

Yeah same for me but I can't even get past the loading hourglass.
Well it was a fun way to get a few extra PC points without going out anywhere.
Hugs
Mel

Where do we see the points we were awarded? I'm looking on my PC account and can't see any there unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Played a few times early on then forgot. :(

I played this morning using one of the codes and received 7500 points.
I looked in my points account this morning and they seemed to all be posted under 'ALL'. Look there.

Here is what I am seeing.

• Points Adjustment
    Mon • Sep 14
    +500 points
    Points Adjustment
    Mon • Sep 14
    +500 points
    Points Adjustment
    Mon • Sep 14
    +500 points

I originally said it was posted under Shoppers but that was wrong, sorry. It is actually posted under the 'ALL' button.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm... I wonder if they have some Samsung wireless ear buds. Thinking of getting the dh some for this birthday. Might have to go check on the the weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter