PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

So it's redemption day today. I think I'm going to skip it and use my 15,000 for $50. Adding in a 3000 pt for $15 in body care products. I really like to use those big redemption days closer to Christmas.

That black friday redemption really is awesome!

I’m definitely going to save up for that event, but I’ll also take advantage of the smaller redemption days through the year. I have the points and I know I need 100$ or so in stuff. I can throw in a few restocking things to get to 140$ for sure.

One time I went for 300$ off of regular purchases. I got there with restocking toothbrush heads, razors, all the vitamins, etc. but it was hard. Much easier the time I redeemed for one pricey electronic.

I gotta say, though, it’s great that they have the redemption and a bonus points event at the same time. I like having the option.

Spent $78.55 pre-tax at Shoppers and earned 26,000 points. They missed my 1000 for milk and 5000 for $15 in pepsi, tropicana, crispy minis deal. So I should have 32,000. I'm waiting to get those before I shop at Superstore so I can get another WDW gift card.
I spent 50.85 for 17, 350. I am missing 3000 for the $15/3000 health and beauty spend. So I sent in a missing inquiry. How do they know what you spent? I thought I was going to have to send a picture of the receipt.

I spent 50.85 for 17, 350. I am missing 3000 for the $15/3000 health and beauty spend. So I sent in a missing inquiry. How do they know what you spent? I thought I was going to have to send a picture of the receipt.
I think they can access your account with transaction history from their end. I sometimes include links to pictures or websites to support my claim. I always am able to get the missing points back.

Last edited:
Quick question - if you have an offer on your card for 20X AM or something similar and say I want to pay by using the PC Mastercard, do you still get the usual 5000 bonus points, or is that only when it states so in the offer?

Quick question - if you have an offer on your card for 20X AM or something similar and say I want to pay by using the PC Mastercard, do you still get the usual 5000 bonus points, or is that only when it states so in the offer?
Only when there is an offer. You will see that in either your offers or on the front page of the flyer. Getting 5000 bonus points for using the PC MC is not usual, it only happens occasionally. Great offer when it comes.

a quick comment for newbies: it’s a good idea to keep a record of your points earned and/or your redemptions.

through the app, you can only see a 45-day history.

i like being able to see how i did over a year, but to do that with PC points, I need to track myself.

got my first redemption of the year in!

100,000 points for a 140$ gift card.

i’ll be in disney soon, but i think i’ll leave this latest redemption at home. it can kickstart our saving for the next visit! :earsboy:
Wait. They let you buy a GC with points.

got my first redemption of the year in!

100,000 points for a 140$ gift card.

i’ll be in disney soon, but i think i’ll leave this latest redemption at home. it can kickstart our saving for the next visit! :earsboy:

I wish! But no. I just do what most of us do...buy 140$ worth of stuff I need and would buy anyways, redeem my points for my purchase, then put that 140$ towards a gift card. Some people just put the money in a separate account or take out cash. I find gift cards work fine for me.

I think they can access your account with transaction history from their end. I sometimes include links to pictures or websites to support me claim. I always am able to get the missing points back.
Wow - They are very quick. Process was simple got my points in about 2 hrs. No waiting 90/120 days lol

Just picked up 3 X's 24 coke. They were $7.49 each so $22.47. Loblaws had a spend $20 get 6000 points and I had a personal offer of 2000 points for every $10 spend. Made 10,000 points on that $22.47 spend. That's a good return!
Will add, I'm sure there was tax on the coke however I bought other things so not sure what it was. I'd have to pay tax anyways.

Just picked up 3 X's 24 coke. They were $7.49 each so $22.47. Loblaws had a spend $20 get 6000 points and I had a personal offer of 2000 points for every $10 spend. Made 10,000 points on that $22.47 spend. That's a good return!
Will add, I'm sure there was tax on the coke however I bought other things so not sure what it was. I'd have to pay tax anyways.
With the way AM is heading, just makes this program look even better.

THANK YOU!

I'm doing the Disney gift card trick to avoid USD credit card fees so earning an extra 3% off is a real bonus. Hope it works!

I wanted to give everyone an update on my Disney Gift Card purchase at Shoppers, using my PC Financial World Mastercard.

Frankly, it was an absolute PITA. But I guess worth it in the end?

With my Mastercard, I *should* earn 35 points per $1 spent at Shoppers. 15 of those points are earned strictly as PC Optimum (i.e. you don't have to be a Mastercard holder to get them) and 20 of those points are earned as a result of being a PC Mastercard holder. Following?

However, gift cards are not eligible for PC Optimum points (unless you use a Mastercard) so I can only ever get 20 points per $1 spent at Shoppers.

To test how this would all shake out, I bought Disney Gift Cards at Shoppers (it took a while to find them but I did in the end!), enough to cover my Canadian Resident Ticket purchase for my trip in May. I bought 5 x $500 gift cards (which is the most I could load on one card in store) for a total of $2500. At this point, there was a LOT of confusion at the cash register as it seemed to be the most anyone had ever purchased from this store or something? 🤷‍♀️

A manager had to come out and check my ID before authorizing the purchase. I got the cards loaded, saved my receipt, and started watching the PC Optimum app.

And nothing happened. For days. Just when I was starting to worry, I saw that 25,000 points had been deposited, backdated to the date of purchase, as a PC Financial transaction. NOT a Shopper's transaction. And so I waited for the other half of my points to be deposited.

At some point, I saw that 32,000 had been deposited, around the transaction date but not ON the transaction date. I contacted PC Optimum for clarification as to whether these were indeed the second amount of points I was owed, as the app had literally zero information (except for "PC Financial transaction") and because it was for 32,000 and not 25,000 I really didn't know for a fact those were the points. This sent me down a rabbit hole of providing receipts, transaction numbers, being passed to PC Financial, being passed back to Optimum, because literally no one could tell me what the tarnation those points were.

In the end, PC Optimum said "we think those are the points" and because I didn't have a transaction that large during that time window, I kind of have to assume they are. In the meantime, I have upgraded to a PC Financial World Mastercard ELITE, which should increase the points to 30 per $1 (and an additional 15 points for non-gift card purchases) at Shoppers. I'm not thrilled at how this all shook out, but I'm willing to try again to get that 3% discount.

Anyway, TLDR, pack your patience for these types of transactions!

I wanted to give everyone an update on my Disney Gift Card purchase at Shoppers, using my PC Financial World Mastercard.

Frankly, it was an absolute PITA. But I guess worth it in the end?

With my Mastercard, I *should* earn 35 points per $1 spent at Shoppers. 15 of those points are earned strictly as PC Optimum (i.e. you don't have to be a Mastercard holder to get them) and 20 of those points are earned as a result of being a PC Mastercard holder. Following?

However, gift cards are not eligible for PC Optimum points (unless you use a Mastercard) so I can only ever get 20 points per $1 spent at Shoppers.

To test how this would all shake out, I bought Disney Gift Cards at Shoppers (it took a while to find them but I did in the end!), enough to cover my Canadian Resident Ticket purchase for my trip in May. I bought 5 x $500 gift cards (which is the most I could load on one card in store) for a total of $2500. At this point, there was a LOT of confusion at the cash register as it seemed to be the most anyone had ever purchased from this store or something? 🤷‍♀️

A manager had to come out and check my ID before authorizing the purchase. I got the cards loaded, saved my receipt, and started watching the PC Optimum app.

And nothing happened. For days. Just when I was starting to worry, I saw that 25,000 points had been deposited, backdated to the date of purchase, as a PC Financial transaction. NOT a Shopper's transaction. And so I waited for the other half of my points to be deposited.

At some point, I saw that 32,000 had been deposited, around the transaction date but not ON the transaction date. I contacted PC Optimum for clarification as to whether these were indeed the second amount of points I was owed, as the app had literally zero information (except for "PC Financial transaction") and because it was for 32,000 and not 25,000 I really didn't know for a fact those were the points. This sent me down a rabbit hole of providing receipts, transaction numbers, being passed to PC Financial, being passed back to Optimum, because literally no one could tell me what the tarnation those points were.

In the end, PC Optimum said "we think those are the points" and because I didn't have a transaction that large during that time window, I kind of have to assume they are. In the meantime, I have upgraded to a PC Financial World Mastercard ELITE, which should increase the points to 30 per $1 (and an additional 15 points for non-gift card purchases) at Shoppers. I'm not thrilled at how this all shook out, but I'm willing to try again to get that 3% discount.

Anyway, TLDR, pack your patience for these types of transactions!
Thanks so much for your update!! Trying to decide if purchasing Disney gift cards at Shoppers to avoid paying the transaction fees is worth it. So, if I understand you correctly,using my PC Elite MC I should earn 30 points per dollar from shoppers + the amount the MC pays me for using it?

I might start with a smaller purchase of just one $500 Disney gift card purchase at Shoppers and see how that goes.

@Sunday, have you applied any of your gift cards to your Disney account via MDE? We’re there any challenges doing that?

Thanks so much for your update!! Trying to decide if purchasing Disney gift cards at Shoppers to avoid paying the transaction fees is worth it. So, if I understand you correctly,using my PC Elite MC I should earn 30 points per dollar from shoppers + the amount the MC pays me for using it?

No, you will get 30 points per dollar TOTAL. If you were buying literally anything else, say shampoo, you would get 45 points. But PC Optimum alone does not earn on gift cards, so you only getting the earning power of the PC Financial card you are using. In your case with Elite, that's 30 points per dollar.

@Sunday, have you applied any of your gift cards to your Disney account via MDE? We’re there any challenges doing that?

I haven't done this, as my vacation is at a Good Neighbor hotel (Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek / Hilton Bonnet Creek split stay) so no point in doing this personally. I did combine the cards on disneygiftcard.com so that I had $1000 CAD on two cards, and a $500. The $1000 CAD translated to about $760 USD on each card and I could see the value fluctuate every day (which drove me kind of bonkers to be honest!). I had to call in to buy the Canadian Resident tickets because online they won't let you apply more than one gift card to the purchase. Also, worth noting, disneygiftcard.com won't let you keep more than 5 cards on file. With the max $1000 per card, you have to load up to five cards in (max of $500 each if you buy from Shopppers), consolidate the balances and delete the empty cards, load another two in, consolidate those and delete the empty ones, load another in...then you would have to use those cards up with a payment in order to free up the slots. I was warned NEVER to destroy the cards, just in case. And of course, keep the receipts.

I plan on doing another purchase to cover our food and souvenirs, but it has been a bit of a hassle so far. BUT $50 for the purchase plus savings the US exchange fee on my credit card is nothing to sniff at. I also plan on buying a ton of cards to pay off my cruise in 2021, which will likely be a bit smoother as I can just get the travel agent to apply all the cards, albeit with the same restrictions (five cards on the account).

Went to Loblaws to buy snacks for a school event. Didn’t think about getting points. Just wanted to go somewhere close by on the way home. Spent $52 and got 10000 points. What a nice surprise! I think PC points is the way to go after Rexall is gone!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter