PCC 4.0 Mixology - Update 11/21

saw you started a list i will clarify my previous post to match your organizing!

(jessrose18)adam and jessica interested in martini tasting and adam in beer tasting if there is one :) thanks!

I've done a champagne tasting on the Fantasy as well as "mixology" (mixed drinks). I've also done whiskey tasting on the Magic.

I'll seriously work on it after PCC 3.0.
Got email back from DCL. They don't finalize and book us a room until a few weeks out. We'll need 25 people to confirm a room.

If someone is looking to organize tastings, will you be considering other tastings ... or just Wine / Martini? Have you considered attending the public events as a group? That has worked well on many cruises, without impacting other events. If private events are planned, will someone request the event(s) NOT conflict with any PCC event, or the Gold/Platinum Reception? On other DCL sailings, when a specific request was not made, events have overlapped with Gold/Platinum reception.

I previously offered to obtain the list of public tasting events (dates, times & locations) at embarkation, and deliver to those who may be interested ... for those who may be interested.

Steven

If someone is looking to organize tastings, will you be considering other tastings ... or just Wine / Martini? Have you considered attending the public events as a group? That has worked well on many cruises, without impacting other events. If private events are planned, will someone request the event(s) NOT conflict with any PCC event, or the Gold/Platinum Reception? On other DCL sailings, when a specific request was not made, events have overlapped with Gold/Platinum reception.

I previously offered to obtain the list of public tasting events (dates, times & locations) at embarkation, and deliver to those who may be interested ... for those who may be interested.

Steven

We have to have 20/25 folks [pre-registered] to have a private tasting. If we don't have enough people, then we'll see about going as a group to a public tasting. On PCC 2, we had the opposite problem. So many folks signed, the organizer had to put people on waiting list.
As we get closer, will try to make sure tastings don't conflict with PCC official events. I can request from DCL that we don't conflict with Gold/Platinum stuff, but that is a lesser concern than not conflictibg with PCC stuff.

If someone wants to organize other stuff - please do.
Maybe list of public tasting events - at PCC hospitality room?

Don't mean to butt in here, but we just got off PCC 3.0 and HIGHLY recommend these! It will be the best $30-$40 you'll spend.

We did Whisky Tasting with a group of 5 of us (all happened to be Dis-ers) and a Mixology with a group of about 15 (mostly Dis-ers).

A word of caution about the Mixology, though. We got kinda toasted. Our bartender Milan (sp?) was awesome and poured GENEROUSLY! We then immediately had to go to dinner and apologized to our table in advance for our behavior. :laughing:

I'd be interested in any of these, except a beer tasting.

Sayhello

Update - post #1.

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in a 'mixology' event. Would folks who expressed interest in martini tasting be interested in doing 'mixology' instead?

Hey Jennifer, I would definitely be more interested in mixology. I've done the wine and martinis before.

Kim

Just back from the Fantasy - Kara and I both did the champagne tasting and mixology classes - had fun

Kara got in the 2nd mixology class and she also did the beer tasting

Sent in a PM for 3 of us to do mixology! Sounds like a blast! We did champagne tasting and tequila/margarita tasting on 3.0 and they were both great! Everyone we talked to said that mixology was the most fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter