Philharmagic! Tower of Terror! Earl! Dinosaur!....and my WEDDING - Packing!

Only just found this. Your plans sound amazing. We in WDW the same time as you, but we miss your wedding as we fly out on 31st March.

Will keep an eye out for you.

Looking forward to reading more

Susan

Hello! Hayley here, just thought i'd pop by and give you my must do's for AK,

Not really any foodie must do's here, though some day i'd love to go to Tusker House, maybe not this trip...

Attraction-wise: EXPEDITION EVEREST!!!! i'm a coaster junkie, and i absolutely looooooved this in '08!
Dinosaur Tors and Jack's reccomendation!
Kilimanjaro Safari: a classic, I absolutely love it and so does my mum!
It's Tough to be a Bug: I love the tree of life, and i love being inside it even more!!!
Only a little post, but thought i'd catch up :thumbsup2

Hiya! Hayley again, exiting update for my family: we booked today! we're flying out a couple of days after Tors and Jack so that mum and I don't miss as much school. We're flying Virgin, and have an off site villa for the stay :goodvibes

And -

Hayley forgot to mention that on Saturday Hayley, Katie, their Mum, my Mum and myself had a lovely girly day and ordered their bridesmaids dresses! Yay!

In other news it's ADR day (#1) on Saturday, so I need to do some booking.

Here's what we're hoping for so far:

(We arrive on the Thurs)

Fri - 7pm - Jiko - with my parents as a "welcome" and "thank you"

Sun - 5pm - WCC - for about 22 people as a welcome meal.

Wed - 7pm - Narcoosees - just the 2 of us as our 1 day anniversary :lovestruc

Sat - 7pm - Via Napoli

We also need to find a day that suits Hayley and her family as we're all going to either Ohana breakfast or dinner I think. :)

Hi everyone. :)

SO sorry for not being around lately!! Everything has got so hectic and I've not been on the DIS nearly as much as I'd have like to!

I'm going to spend the next day or two getting this PTR up to speed so it's not so daunting for me to keep up to date!

Hope a few of you are still on board. :)

So we’re getting close enough now that my days are getting planned up.

So I’m going to go through my plans so far:

Day 1 – Travel.

We’re flying out of Gatwick at 11.15am, and on our flight with us are Jack’s Best man (Dave) and his wife (Karen) and my parents.

Karen and Dave live up in Birmingham, so they’re going to come and stay with us the night before, then early that morning we’ll get a minibus to come pick the 4 of us up and also get my parents who live a couple of miles away. We’re only a 20 minute drive from Gatwick, which is very handy!

Once we get to the airport my main priority will be panicking about my dress! So once it’s through security I’ll be a happy lady! I have bought it a beautiful bag that is carry on size and my dress just fits into!

It’s this style:

resize.asp

But in this colour:

IT%20120278S%20PINK_S_01.jpg

And I love it!!

(So does Bella, here she is testing it for size: )

41129_10150247604915084_821450083_14594197_4526201_n.jpg

I’m sure I’ll drive everyone mad until we board the plane, and then probably even more so once we’re in the air! I’m going to load up my iPhone/iPad with episodes of my favourite TV shows that we’ll miss while we’re away, so at least they will keep me occupied for a few hours, and chatting should pass the rest of the time!

Once we land I’ll have another little panic until everyone has their luggage, and then we get to start doing the really fun stuff!! MAGICAL EXPRESS!

I love the ME so much, and as we’re all staying at the same hotel it’ll be even better with the 6 of us altogether!

Once we’re on our way to Animal Kingdom Lodge I can’t wait to get onto property and start pointing things out to everyone as we pass other resorts, and get our first glimpse of Tower of Terror and Everest!

I’m going to let Karen and Dave and my parents check in first, and will take a little note of their room #s so I can call them once we’re in our rooms. All of us have booked Savannah view, so I am so excited to see what views everyone gets!

I’m going to be doing a garden grocer order, and an order for some trading pins, so hopefully I can request those on check in, and they’ll be with us in no time too.

Jack and I have AP vouchers that we need to exchange, so once everyone is settled we’re going to head over to DTD to do that. If anyone wants to come with us then great, but it’s a very long day, and my parents like to chill out after travelling, so they’ll no doubt be in the pool or the bar, and Karen and Dave have never left Europe before, so I won’t plan anything for them in case they want to sleep.

Jack is keen to get a snack from Goofy’s, and I’d quite like an Earl.

Then it’ll be back to AKL to unpack and have a nights interrupted, over excited sleep!

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

• Meet everyone in the AKL lobby at 8am (although I wouldn’t be surprised if we all text each other at like 6am and have a walk around the resort early!)
  • Get the MK bus at around 8.10am – We may well be meeting other wedding guests at the MK gates, as we have a lot of people staying offsite. I’m sending out planning packs after Christmas, so will be letting people know when/where to meet us on group days.
  • Go "wow" and "ahhh" when we see the GF/Wedding Pavilion :cloud9:
  • Watch the opening show! I loove it! I will be singing along!
  • Head down Main Street, I'm so excited to see everyone’s face the first time they see the castle! Hopefully we can get some group PP photos.
  • Head into frontierland via Liberty Square (Jack likes this route best, so has stipulated this is the way we'll take our guests)
  • Grab a Splash FP, then ride BTM, then back to Splash.
  • Ride Pirates then over to Haunted Mansion. pirate: :hmghost:
  • Into Fantasyland where Jack is keen to take his best friend onto Small World, which we know he'll hate. I'm keen to see the changes though! If any of the other rides don't have mega lines then we'll ride them, but if not then my must do for everyone is definitely Philharmagic! :donald:
  • A quick tour through Tomorrowland, although it'll probably be gone lunchtime by this point, and will be pretty busy, so we might not get on anything, but I'll be happy that my parents have done their 'must dos' and that our other guests can know their way around.
  • We can leave whoever isn't ready to call it a day in the park, but Jack, my parents and I will have to leave at around lunchtime to head over to the GF (my Mum wants to see our reception room) and then walk over to the wedding pavilion and the planning office.
  • Head back to AKL where we need to do a couple of wedding bits, hopefully grab an hour by the pool before...
  • 7.30pm reservation at Jiko with my parents – when I get the chance I’m going to phone Jiko and see if they can decorate the table special for us. I also think I’ll pop down 10 minutes or so before dinner and see if they could put a thank you card on the table for me if I give it to them then.
  • Early night, as it's another rope drop tomorrow!

Hello, Hayley checking in! Silly school ¬¬ means that we can't fly as soon as Tors, Jack and the gang, we'll be flying out on saturday the 26th and we're staying off site in a villa which unfortunately means no M.E, but it is always entertaining to see my 5ft mum driving massive american cars!!! Tors has very kindly said that I can pop and see her and Jack's AKL room, which i'd loooooove to do as i've never stayed onsite (my first onsite experience in WDW will be the night that Katie and I are spending with Tors in the GF before the wedding!), and the lodge looks incredible!!! We havn't planned days out yet, but I doubt we'll be able to get my sister out of the villa pool much!

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom

• Meet in AKL lobby - 8.15am
  • Get the bus around 8.30am
  • AK Rope Drop – we’ve not seen this before so I’m quite excited!
  • Jack is going to head quickly to EE for FPs while I guide everyone at a more leisurely pace towards Dinosaur. We don't want to ever make anyone rush anywhere, hopefully Jack will get back to Dinosaur at a similar time to when we arrive having admired the tree and some animals on the way.
  • Ride Dinosaur - Jack's favourite Disney ride.
  • Move on to EE, if the standby is 10 minutes or less we'll queue there as I do like the queue, if not we'll use our FPs.
  • Head over to the Safari. If the wait is long we'll grab some FPs and enjoy the trails and have a chill out.
  • Spend the rest of the AK time we have looking at the animals, and enjoying the park. If we can fit in a ride on Kali or a show of ITTBAB then we will.
  • Suit fitting at AKL at 3pm. :groom: So we’ll leave early with best men and my Dad and leave anyone who wants to stay behind.
  • No plans for the night, I'm sure we'll be keen to take it easy. If not then my Mum might convince me to a short trip over to DHS, so she can see the Tower of Terror in advance of the group ride on Monday (more about that on the day 5 plans!). Although I don’t want her to go on it on the Saturday night and then be too scared to go near it again when there are 12 people coming along on Monday to ride with her!

I’d also maybe take the chance to wander over to Kidani and see the new Pembe Savannah, or head to DTD, or just sit in the hot tub.

it will soon be hear, all i can say is enjoy youre day as it goes very fast.

les & bev.

Where is the time going?!?!

10 weeks and 3 days until we fly!!!!!

Yesterday I bought a new park bag which was in the sale, and I'm going to be buying myself a new pair of fit flops soon too!

This is the bag:

TRP0106_0020_brown_0020_side.jpg

And I'm currently trying to decide between two pairs of Fit Flops, I'm torn between these:

FIT33_250_1.jpg

WHich are the same style as my Mum's yellow ones that I borrowed for the last trip, and were the most comfortable shoe EVER!

Or these:

fitflop-electra-womens-glitter-girl-toepost-14241-5801_medium.jpg

Which are really pretty!!! It's tough!!

I also got out all my summery bits which I've been outting into a suitcase for the past few months to check they fit!

Only a little snug, so hopefully I can get a stone or so off now in the run up and I'll not have to shop too much.

I've sent off the application for my marriage license today, so we'll be legally allowed to marry! My engagement ring is going to be resized, replated and cleaned in the next week or two, my dress is all altered and the bridesmaids dresses have come and fit beautifully......

It seems to all be coming together!!

I'll be updating with the rest of our plans over the next few days, hopefully now until take off this TR can finally take some proper shape!

WOW. Fantastic PTR, can't wait to read more!!! I think I'll go and read your AKL TR now.

Sorry updates have taken a while – I’ve just been so darn busy shopping like a maniac!!! Anyway, here are my plans for days 4 and 5!

Day 4 – EPCOT & Welcome Meal

• Meet in AKL lobby - 8am
  • Get on bus around 8.15am
  • EPCOT rope drop
  • Whole group is going to have to bear the crush to Soarin'. Which we'll ride standby first thing, I'm hoping I can ask for us all to wait and sit in B1 although I’m sure people will enjoy it wherever they’re sat.
  • Jack will take everyone on Living with the Land, whilst I hot foot it over to Test Track for FPs.
  • Tour the Seas, maybe have a chat with Crush if we have time before our FPs are ready - then go ride Test Track.
  • Take everyone to Club Cool for a group Beverly experience!
  • I'm not sure what our plans will be for World Showcase. It may be a case that we split up from people, it really depends what my parents want to do. I know my Mum is keen to see the Boardwalk, so we might walk out there and sit and get a cake and coffee at the Boardwalk Bakery. My folks can remember a lot of the WS, and aren’t that worried about re-touring, they’d rather have a more laid back afternoon than cram in a visit to each pavilion.
  • Our Welcome Meal is at WCC at 5pm, so we're going to meet people at 4pm at the Magic Kingdom front entrance, and others at 4.30pm in the WL lobby. As yet I don't know if we'll go straight to the MK from EPCOT, or if we'll make it back to AK to freshen up.
  • Have Welcome Meal – I’m really excited for this, as it’ll be a good chance for people to meet in a more laid back atmosphere, and hopefully it should be good fun. I’m hoping Jack has to do the horse thing! (Cruel, I know!)
  • After the meal I think we’re going to play it by ear a little. We might all stay together as a group and catch some fireworks or people might have their own plans and I certainly don’t want to take up any of their holiday time. I guess we’ll discuss stuff like that during the meal.

Day 5 – DHS & Rehearsal

• Meet in AKL lobby 8am.
  • Bus 8.15am
  • DHS rope drop.
  • Jack is going to get to the front of the crowd and do the TSM FP run
  • I'm going hang back with everyone else and we'll take a gentle stroll to Tower of Terror
  • We'll all ride ToT, which is going to be the highlight of the theme park touring, as my Mum has been telling everyone how brave she's going to be, and I'm sure it'll be very funny! :scared1: WARNING: If you are at DHS this day, I apologise for any foul language you may hear from a very pretty, small, brown haired lady in the Sunset Blvd vicinity! She has given up searing for 2011, just so she gets out of the habit before her ToT debut! :rotfl:
  • Head over to TSM, if it's not our Fastpass time then we'll visit One Man's Dream. My Dad has been practicing on the Wii, so I think he should be a pro by the time we’re on the ride. I’d really love to sit with him on it, but I guess we’ll wait and see who’s there.
  • My Dad wants to watch Muppetvision, so we'll do that too.
  • Same as Day 1, a few of us will have to leave as we have the wedding rehearsal at 3pm, but other people can stay behind.
  • I’m going to head over to the GF for between 1.30pm and 2pm, and meet my Bridesmaids there, then we can check in and head over for the rehearsal! I know Hayley is especially excited to have a nosey around in the Pavilion.
  • After the rehearsal is moment, that for some strange reason, I’m dreading! Saying goodbye to Jack! I think it’s just then it’ll really hit me, as the next time I see him will be as I walk down the aisle. I’m tearing up now thinking about it, I don’t know why. Just seems a big deal, Jack thinks I’m a bit of a nutter!
  • My bridesmaids and I will enjoy the GF luxury, and maybe nip into the MK if we get itchy feet! Or jsut chill at the pool, or on a hammock, maybe wander to the Poly. I’m not going to plan anything (a rarity for me!!) and I look forward to us just doing what we fancy!
  • Jack is as yet undecided what he'll do. But he thinks he might take his family and best man to DTD and get dinner at T-Rex.

Wedding Day!!!

This isn’t really a Disney day – but I know a few of you want to know about the wedding, so thought I would include a rough idea of what the plans are. 

• I’m sure I’ll be awake at some ridiculously early hour – Hayley, I apologise, but I think this is the one day that I’m going to wake people up if I can’t sleep! If I’m silly early though I may just do some DISing and facebook and stuff, as at least UK people will be awake!
  • My mum and I are going to go to the Spa for a massage providing we can get an early booking. Katie and Hayley and my Dad can swim/relax/sauna/gym etc. We’ll also grab some breakfast, either CL, Gasparillas or room service.
  • 9am is when it all starts really as that’s when the dress steamers will arrive. Then at 10am the hair and make-up people will come. So we’ll be in full getting ready mode.
  • My amazing photographers are arriving at 12.30pm to take some photos of us when we’re almost ready and putting our dresses on etc.
  • During this time I imagine Jack will be eating a big breakfast, and then getting his suit on, he’s getting picked up from AKL and brought over to the Floridian for photos in the lobby at 1pm. As our room should be pretty close to, if not directly above the lobby I will send out spies (Bridesmaids, my parents) to have a look at him!
  • 1.30pm Jack and all of his side of the wedding party are taken over to the Wedding Pavilion and it’s mine and my party’s turn to have our lobby pictures. I am most definitely having some on the big staircase! Then at 2pm my Mum, Katie and Hayley have to head over to the WP, and Dad and I get to ride in the Rolls Royce – I anticipate that this is the point when Dad and I will being to cry! (I get my crying from him!) I think next time I talk to him I might say to start finding good jokes, and we can tell each other these if things start getting too serious!
  • Once I get to the Pavilion it’ll almost be time, but I have said to my Mum she needs to have a peep, but not go in until I arrive, as I want to know how it all looks, and that Jack is OK. Also I need to give her a big hug before she goes and sits down. She’s my rock, so I really want her around for the final few minutes – Dad and I are no good without her!
  • Then my Mum can head in, give Jack the thumbs up and the ceremony can begin.
  • After the ceremony, we’ll hang around for photos and also to talk to family at home, as we’re having a web link so they can watch the ceremony, and it allows us to come back to the camera afterwards and say ‘hello’ and brag about the sunshine – mwahahahaa!
  • Then all of our guests will head over to the pre-reception at the Floridian, while we have some more photos etc.
  • The proper reception starts at 4pm, we’re doing speeches first as Jack wants to get them out of the way so he can relax during dinner.
  • 4.30pm is when Dinner is going to start. I’m sure I won’t eat a lot but it’s a lovely menu.
  • After Dinner we have the cake cutting and dances and a few other little bits that we’ve lined up that you’ll get to read about on the TR. ;) Or maybe if you PM me, as I don’t want any surprises ruined for guests.
  • Then it’s dessert party time! We’ll all move out to the GF Marina, where I’m very excited about our light up decor and chocolate fondue! We’re getting the Wishes music piped in, so we can all enjoy some tasty treats and the fireworks before saying goodnight and exclaiming how we can’t believe the day is over!
  • People might go to the GF bar or something, I’m not sure. I wouldn’t mind a drink in the bar in my big dress, so we’ll wait and see how we feel.

I can't wait to hear all about it in your TR :goodvibes

We went past the GF Wedding Pavilion on our holiday on the monorail and I pointed it out... DBF just sighed and said no :scared1: I tried though!

I'd love to go on holiday with you too - you go commando like me! My family only got up early one morning, and that was because I was paying for breakfast at Tusker House!

xxx:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter