Philly Long Term Parking

Talinthor

Earning My Ears
This May will be my first time flying out of PHL. We chose Philly because the rates were much cheaper than Newark. How is the long term parking at Philly? Would I be better off using an off-site facility? We are flying on a Saturday in May if that helps.

Thanks,

Tal

Last time through there in March 2001 the daily rate for standard parking on site was $8 per day. If you need to stay near the airport for an early flight there's a Hampton Inn for about $90 per night with free parking for the lenght of your trip and a free shuttle to PHL.

Bill From PA

Talinthor

We are doing the same thing. We usually fly out of Newark but found better flight times and cheaper rates out of Philly. Our fight leaves at 7:00 am so we opted to book a room at the Ramada. It was $99 a night and included free parking and shuttles that run every 1/2 hour to the airport. It might be something to look into especially if you have an early flight.

Thanks for the info. Our flight is not until 1:30pm so we probably won't stay at a hotel. As of now I'm just planning on using the standard long term parking.

We have stayed at the Airport Ramada in Philly three times. Why--I don't know :-) The rooms are so worn and downright yucky. We keep returning, b/c their shuttle service is VERY reliable. I just get grossed out in these rooms. Are Ramadas yucky in general?

We have also done a park and fly in Essington, PA ( right by the airport). There are many of them. I think the one we used was called Colonial Park & Ride. It was nice for an afternoon flight.

Hentob

There are a number of off-site lots at PHL that are closer than the airport's long term parking and cost a little less. Many have "valet" service where they drive you to the airport and pick you up on return (usually in your car).

Most are located on Essington Avenue, in the area of the Philly Auto Mall (a collection of car dealers in the same area). I have often used Winner Airport Valet, located behind Winner Lincoln Mercury dealer. With a AAA discount they are around $7.00/day. Some others may end up being less/day depending on how long you are parked.

Another vote for the Essington Ave park and fly's. They are monitored 24/7, I feel they are safer than the long term lots.

Anne

Another vote for the Essington Ave park and fly's. They are monitored 24/7, I feel they are safer than the long term lots.

Anne

The Ampco express lot is also convenient; the price is comparable to others. They have indoor parking if you want for about 1$ more per day. The shuttle generally follows you to your car when you drive into the lot for a quick pick up.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter