Pick Six: Quick Service

MK: Columbia Harbor House
Epcot: Sommerfest
HS: Backlot Express
AK: Satu'li Canteen
Resort: Captain Cooks (Poly)
DS: Wolfgang Puck Express

You probably need to add the caveat that BoG is *not* a QS restaurant, even for breakfast/lunch.

If it requires a reservation to eat there*, it's not a QS. In fact, the QS label people slap on BoG only means anything to those on the dining plan with regards to payment method. It means nothing to others. No reservation, no eat there.

*I'm sure two or three people will come along talking about how they walked up 4 years ago and were seated at BoG, but as a universally known rule with very few exceptions, you need an ADR.

Check the official WDW dining page and they have breakfast and lunch classed as QS.

Either way, this is just a bit of fun so freakin’ relax

Mk Pecos bill or Columbia house
Ak Satu'li canteen
Hs if you must pick one backlot express
Epcot katsura grill
Ds polite pig
Resort captain hooks

Fun thread! Love seeing everyone's picks.

MK: Columbia Harbor House (although, TBH, I much prefer the Plaza which is technically TS but not all that much more $ (depending on what you order) - we don't typically do the dining plan)
EP: Les Halles. Tangierine Café a very close second.
HS: Fairfax Fare
DS: Wolfgang Puck Express (haven't tried many of the new spots yet-- Blaze and D-luxe Burger both sound good)
Resort: Haven't tried enough to have a pick

MK- BOG lunch
DHS- ABC
AK- Restaurantasaurus
Epcot- Les Halles (me), UK Fish and Chips (everyone else in my family)
Resort- PO Riverside
DS- Wolfgang Puck Express - even with all the new additions, WPE is still our go to QS at DS *going to try D'Luxe this summer though

MK: Columbia House
Epcot: Yorkshire Fish & Chips or Les Halles
HS: none... its dismal.
AK: Satu'li Canteen, love this new one.
Resort: SSR-Artist’s Palette

Check the official WDW dining page and they have breakfast and lunch classed as QS.

Who's not relaxed?

Disney also tells you in their official Q&A's that QS restaurants do not need reservations, but we all know that's not true at BoG.

Q.

What is a quick-service restaurant?

A.

A Walt Disney World quick-service restaurant offers great food and fast service. They are generally either cafeteria-style or counter-service venues. You order or take the food items that you want, pay for your food and sit down to enjoy your meal.

In addition to quick-service restaurants, Walt Disney World Resort features a diverse selection of casual dining and fine dining restaurants that offer sit-down meals with table service. Most casual dining and fine dining restaurants take reservations, but quick-service restaurants do not.

/QUOTE]

To be fair I haven't been here in a while
MK: Pecos Bill but that might be changed after my trip, the new Friar's Nook menu looks really good. (hated their mac and cheese)
Epcot: La Cantina de San Angel
HS: Backlot Express
AK: Eight Spoon Cafe
DS: Never been, thought you needed to pay for entry lol

MK- Pecos Bill
EP- Yorkshire Fish & Chips
AK- Satuli Canteen
HS- Baseline Tap House (technically labeled a lounge, but hubby and I made a delicious, filling lunch by sharing the charcuterie board and soft pretzel + a tasty beer selection)
Resort- Captain Cook’s (Poly)
DS- Earl of Sandwich

MK: Columbia Harbour House (used to be Friars Nook, but RIP pot roast Mac and cheese)
EP: Tangierine Cafe
HS: haven’t had QS there in awhile (RIP Starring Rolls)
AK: Flame Tree (haven’t tried Satuli Canteen yet - will next week!!)
DS: Earl of sandwich
Resort: Captain Cooks

I like Flame Tree a lot. But, Satu'li is better.

MK: CHH OR Sleepy Hollow (love the SH hand dipped corn dogs!)
Ep: F&W festival Kiosks (sorry, none of the QS really wow me here, except maybe the bakery in France).
AK: Satuli Canteen (my fave in all of disney right now)
HS: ZERO!
Resort: Nothing stands out but i guess i'll say AoA (i havent tried the QS at the delux resorts).

Definitely try Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion at Epcot. You might change your mind.

Fun thread! Love seeing everyone's picks.

MK: Columbia Harbor House (although, TBH, I much prefer the Plaza which is technically TS but not all that much more $ (depending on what you order) - we don't typically do the dining plan)
EP: Les Halles. Tangierine Café a very close second.
HS: Fairfax Fare
DS: Wolfgang Puck Express (haven't tried many of the new spots yet-- Blaze and D-luxe Burger both sound good)
Resort: Haven't tried enough to have a pick

+1 for the Plaza. Another favorite of ours.

MK: Pecos Bill
EPCOT: Sunshine Seasons
HS: ABC Commissary (for many years it was Backlot Express till we got food poisoning)
AK: I haven't been yet, but I bet it's Satuli Canteen
DS: Earl of Sandwich
Resort: I LOVED POFQ's food court....charming and delicious Lousiana style food.

Ep: Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles
AK: Yak & Yeti CS (Only because I have not eaten at Satuli Canteen yet)
HS: Backlot Express if I really have to choose one....but we don't do HS quick service
Resort: Captain Cook's at the Poly

• MK: Be our Guest
  • EP: Katsura Grill
  • HS: ABC Comissary
  • AK: Flame Tree Barbecue
  • DS: D-Luxe Burger
  • Resort: Capt. Cook's (Polynesian)

I think he is just trying to prevent people from coming here and seeing BoG as "traditional" QS and think they can walk right up to the Beast's Castle and get in. Not worth fighting over. It is a QS, but not in the sense of just going up. Either way, go at lunch time if you can...its a great value!

EP: Yorkshire County Fish & Chips
HS: Baseline Tap House
AK: Santu’li Canteen
DS: Cookes of Dublin (I do enjoy fish and chips)
Resort: Hurricane Hannah’s at Stormalong Bay (YC/BC)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter