Pick Six: Quick Service

MK: Columbia Harbor
Ep: Sunshine Seasons
HS: Woody's Lunchbox (anything has to be better than what's there)
AK: Satu'li Canteen
Resort: Roaring Forks
Disney Springs: Cooke's of Dublin

So, I think they changed their menu back recently. I read on the Disney Food Blog about how ABC Commissary's menu had been updated and they had "lots of seafood options as well as several large salads". We decided to eat there last week (were at DHS for lunch and only had time for QS) and it was just terrible. There were 5 items on the menu. I couldn't believe this was the place that DFB said was now the top QS in DHS. There was a burger, chicken sandwich (what we got), chicken fingers, one salad, and fish fingers. That was it. I was so bummed, especially given how we had just left AK & could've eaten something way better over there. It was our anniversary/my birthday trip and DH doesn't love Disney, so I was trying to make sure everything we did was fun. :/
Well that just stinks! Everything was so wonderful when we were there. I’m so sorry you had that horrible experience. I can’t for the life of me figure out why they would do that to their menu. :crazy2:

Hmm... tough choices here!

MK- Maybe Casey's for a hot dog? I find Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays to be similar (although maybe not anymore now that Bills is tex-mex)
Epcot- Tangierine Cafe
DHS- Backlot Express (if I have to... not really in love with any QS here). Next trip we are going to try Brown Derby lounge. Not QS, not really TS, but apparently quite good. We've been known to boat over to the Boardwalk and find lunch there, just to NOT have to eat at DHS.
AK- Flame Tree BBQ (but we haven't been to Satul'i yet, and we do like Yak and Yeti)
Disney Springs- Wolfgang Puck's
Resort- Haven't done many of these as we are usually in the parks. I guess Pepper Market at CS (although it's been years) or the Mara at AKL.

Last edited:
MK: Columbia Harbor House
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons
HS: Fairfax Fare
AK: Flame Tree (haven't eaten at Satu'li yet - will try it in September and am looking forward to it!!)
Resort: we have only stayed at the All-Stars and Pop and haven't ventured to other resort for QS, so sorry, no choice here
DS: Wolfgang Puck's Express

So, I think they changed their menu back recently. I read on the Disney Food Blog about how ABC Commissary's menu had been updated and they had "lots of seafood options as well as several large salads". We decided to eat there last week (were at DHS for lunch and only had time for QS) and it was just terrible. There were 5 items on the menu. I couldn't believe this was the place that DFB said was now the top QS in DHS. There was a burger, chicken sandwich (what we got), chicken fingers, one salad, and fish fingers. That was it. I was so bummed, especially given how we had just left AK & could've eaten something way better over there. It was our anniversary/my birthday trip and DH doesn't love Disney, so I was trying to make sure everything we did was fun. :/
I finally found the time to go look at the ABC Commissary menu again. I believe the difference from when you ate and when my mother and I ate is that you ate lunch. The ABC Commissary menu is totally different (with the exception of dessert) for lunch and dinner. There are far more choices for entrées and sides and even the children’s menu is different at dinner then it is at lunch. I just thought I’d let everyone know.:)

I finally found the time to go look at the ABC Commissary menu again. I believe the difference from when you ate and when my mother and I ate is that you ate lunch. The ABC Commissary menu is totally different (with the exception of dessert) for lunch and dinner. There are far more choices for entrées and sides and even the children’s menu is different at dinner then it is at lunch. I just thought I’d let everyone know.:)
Ahhhh I wish I'd known that! That would have made a huge difference. I just went by what the DFB had & didn't bother looking before we got there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter