** Picture of the Day 3 **

_DSC1960-X2.jpg

Very nice long exposure! I'll expect a companion shot when it ices over this winter. ;)
I live up North and have seen it iced over every year but it was interesting to learn that there are three KC fountains left on year round.

goopysolelady...OMG....Prayers coming your way...Be Safe!!!

Prayers are welcomed for those in the Houston area. We live 45 miles from the beginning of the flooding; we had 23 inches of rain and lost tree limbs but so, SO lucky and blessed to have minor problems. Houston area needs help :sad1:; heartbreaking. We personally know 6 families who are either here with family or in shelters this evening. Keep those good thoughts coming for all those folks. :hug: :tink:

Stressful day but we finally saw the SUNSHINE :sunny:. Our county's major roads reopened and our small community was able to send help to the Houston area. Son-in-law and his brother (along with many fellow residents) left with their boat to assist with water rescues in the Katy area. He called this the "I-10 BOAT RAMP @ Dairy-Ashford". :goodvibes You can see the flood waters off the freeway on the left.

21150362_1608599922526000_6449010984600238218_n.jpg

Continued with an urgent message from our sister Lutheran Church's, serving as shelters, for food. Heart filled with love :lovestruc when I arrived to be greeted by ALL our neighborhood children, including DGD, assisting with the unloading of the donations. Another call for more donations after lunch sent DD and DH on a delivery mission. Just one of the many scenes they encountered on their "adventure"...which turned into more of an adventure than they'd hoped when they had difficulty finding a ramp to get back ON I-10 for their trip back home. :rolleyes: This is the flooded land area by I-10, not a river or lake.

i-VDGxQc7-M.jpg

Harvey has officially broken the record for rainfall from a tropical storm at 51 inches and is set to make it's third Texas landfall and on into Louisiana with heavy rains expected there also. :tink:

Last edited:
I live up North and have seen it iced over every year but it was interesting to learn that there are three KC fountains left on year round.
I have seen the north fountain iced over ever since I can remember, but I didn't know about the others. Where are they?

I have seen the north fountain iced over ever since I can remember, but I didn't know about the others. Where are they?
It didn't state which three but I read it on the KC Parks website when reading about the Northland Fountain. I will try to research it better.

Stressful day but we finally saw the SUNSHINE :sunny:. Our county's major roads reopened and our small community was able to send help to the Houston area. Son-in-law and his brother (along with many fellow residents) left with their boat to assist with water rescues in the Katy area. He called this the "I-10 BOAT RAMP @ Dairy-Ashford". :goodvibes You can see the flood waters off the freeway on the left.

21150362_1608599922526000_6449010984600238218_n.jpg

Continued with an urgent message from our sister Lutheran Church's, serving as shelters, for food. Heart filled with love :lovestruc when I arrived to be greeted by ALL our neighborhood children, including DGD, assisting with the unloading of the donations. Another call for more donations after lunch sent DD and DH on a delivery mission. Just one of the many scenes they encountered on their "adventure"...which turned into more of an adventure than they'd hoped when they had difficulty finding a ramp to get back ON I-10 for their trip back home. :rolleyes: This is the flooded land area by I-10, not a river or lake.

i-VDGxQc7-M.jpg

Harvey has officially broken the record for rainfall from a tropical storm at 51 inches and is set to make it's third Texas landfall and on into Louisiana with heavy rains expected there also. :tink:

Glad you had only "minor damage". My heart goes out to all the displaced people and animals.

This is Saint Mary Lake in Glacier National Park. I later took that boat ride. :boat:

See that pyramid shaped mountain on the right? That is a triple divide; Triple Divide Peak (8020 ft) is a rather rare hydrologic feature. From the summit, water flows to the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, and Hudson Bay. Other triple divides (hydrological apexes) are found in Jasper National Park and in Siberia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter