• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Pictures of VMK back in BETA Testing/Beta

The boat bug

This was during the boat bug, but also the cloning bug (notice two IrishHockeys haha *there's trouble for ya ;)* )

The way fireworks was before they changed it up.

cool :thumbsup2

I wish i was a staff.. I would be famous! :cool2:

Woot, and when everybody would crowd around me, id drive away in my rare quest green magic car :D

Ah I miss the old fireworks. I miss the old vmk!

yeah i wonder why they ever renewed/remixed VMK. it was fine how it was. It was greater then now. it doesn't make sense in my opinion. :guilty: Bring back OLD Fireworks!! :D

Edit : I Love your signature BellHop

The Haunted Mansion Is AWESOME!

I know that there were a few people who found out about VMK from the Disboards back in the beta days, but those Day Oners that DIDN'T find out about it from the Disboards, how did you find out about it? It's a shame I missed the announcement.

Of course, back when VMK started, I wasn't Disney obsessed like I am now.

I found out when I booked a trip for WDW. A window popped up and asked if I would be interested in a virtual Disney game (uh yeah, duh?). That's when I learned of the game. As I booked the trip well before May (the trip was for June), I couldn't play just then, but was told to "keep checking back." I hope that answers your question!

awesome pics everyone, i enjoyed beta days.. :goodvibes

i remember how i found VMK.. Well for as long as i can remember i was in LOVE with GOOGLE and whenever i was bored i'd turn to my trusty google to find a game.. lol.. Well one day i was looking for a Disney game that i played the day before and so when i typed in "Disney" it came up with Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom [and being curious like i am] so i clicked it. Then there was that homepage that desribed the game through moving pictures through adventure land so of course after seeing that i joined up to go to the little place in the pics and then i really started liking vmk.. lol

oh and the homepage i first saw was this one in an earlier post
betavmk3cn3.jpg

BUT back then i had no clue what "Beta" even meant, LOL

yeah i wonder why they ever renewed/remixed VMK. it was fine how it was. It was greater then now. it doesn't make sense in my opinion. :guilty: Bring back OLD Fireworks!! :D

I miss it too! I don't even play Freworks anymore because I'm so bad at it now.. I used to be good!

I miss it too! I don't even play Freworks anymore because I'm so bad at it now.. I used to be good!

LOL! you know what the funny thing is to me? I had finally gotten good at the old fireworks and almost had the score to get the green car magic. Then what does my lovely VMK do? Oh yeah, they change the game, and now I can barely play with all the lag :) Thanks VMK!

LOL! you know what the funny thing is to me? I had finally gotten good at the old fireworks and almost had the score to get the green car magic. Then what does my lovely VMK do? Oh yeah, they change the game, and now I can barely play with all the lag :) Thanks VMK!

Me too! you're not alone on that one! And I can barely get past the first level on the new fireworks!

Omg, this brings back memories! :love:
I miss old VMK SO MUCH :sad1:
Can we go back to those days?

I know that there were a few people who found out about VMK from the Disboards back in the beta days, but those Day Oners that DIDN'T find out about it from the Disboards, how did you find out about it? It's a shame I missed the announcement.

Of course, back when VMK started, I wasn't Disney obsessed like I am now.
I am 1 of those beta players. I found out about it in Disney Adventures Magazine/Comic book.

I found out about VMK from cast members on a website I use frequently - LaughingPlace. They said that beta testers were being accepted, so of course, I hopped right on it. So glad I did :rotfl2:

i found out by watching this disney DVD about going to disney, and planning your trip. Places to stay, to eat, and to rest. And other rides and stuff. then i tried VMK,. but it didn't work. Later my friend came over and she said " Omg you play that! and i said " Oh No, it wont work " then she said " Oh, wait a bit for it to load " , and i did, and it worked! so here is where i am now :)

I heard about VMK on the Magical Express, when I was coming home from a trip. I checked out the website, but the game wasn't open yet. I forgot about it until shortly after it came out of Beta testing. I wish I had that Day 1 badge. I regret not checking the website again to see when the game would open.

I love seeing all the old images. Keep them coming!

I see 2 mickeys..LOL i hated that game. I found them all but said I was 1 short. grrr... (I miss saying grr!! :()

These pictures aren't from beta but like a week after, but the memories from the plaza are priceless.... All the good times from hanging out in the plaza, I miss that... nobody wants to go there anymore LOL

VMK5.jpg
Hey! That's me! I think. in the purple Minnie Nouse shirt?

Or it's Shiregirl. We were twins for a loooooong time without even realizing it. :D

Bezoar :(

The Fireworks game was changed, so I was told, because the way it WAS working was actually a bug. The way it plays now is the way it was always intended to work. (Don't shoot the messenger...it's just what I was told) I want them to fix the Jungle Cruise. I was told that one never worked right either so they just set it to where everybody gets 20 credits for trying. Oh the hours I spent during beta trying to earn credits while "Nedding" (crashing the boat for points). I remember when the space suit came out. I had family in town for some holiday weekend and I sat at the kitchen table, a full grown adult, crashing boats like a loon. "Mom, I have to get credits so I can buy the suit!"...It was like I was 10 again. :D

To answer how I found VMK, I actually saw an article on a techie site the first night it was out. Unfortunately, the game was already closed for the night so I logged in the next morning, May 24, 2005.

Some of you have heard the story, many have not. I had been playing VMK all day on the second day after signing up (I was hooked from the start). I was in my tiki room when a guy I had not yet spoken with came bounding in trying to strike up conversation with "my" friends. Who was this guy who thought he was all that and a bag of chips to come steal away the conversation? With my hand poised on the "boot" button, he announced he had to get going and disappeared before I could give him the old heave ho.

Who was it?

Yavn. :scared1:

After that I was really nice to him on future run-in's. :D Just goes to show what I know. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter