Pinch me, did it REALLY happen????? - All wrapped up, and yes, it DID happen!

I am all caught up again. I did not get Storybook Circus at all. Maybe my mistake was that, like you, I visited the other part of the Fantasyland extension first. After all the amazing detail of Be Our Guest and Belle's village, Storybook Circus just felt cheap and nasty and quickly thrown together.

I am glad that Laura and you got to meet. I can't wait to meet you in May.

It is so amazing that you have all this Haunted Mansion stuff. I look forward to seeing photos of it all on display when you finally have the new house.

Corinna

Oh wow - it sounds just incredible !!! I adore the wallpaper especially :)

The wallpaper is creepy and cool all at the same time!

Wow, that will be one cool room!!!:thumbsup2

It will be, I asked Fran what else she had in HM decor, I forgot that we had the tombstones (Brother Dave and Cousin Huet), but she has doorknobs, gargoyle accent pieces, replicas of the signs on the brick pillar entrance to the ride at DL, a pillow reading Tomb Sweet Tomb. This is hanging in our house now.

DSC01890_zpsabecd77b.jpg

There was more stuff, but she isn't here right now to ask her.

Very nice pictures of the queue from the HM and pictures of Storybook Circus from the New Fantasyland. Glad that you were able to do a DISer meet that day.

Very nice update.

Thank you Bret! :goodvibes

Fantastic pictures of HM. Looks like you had a great time in the graveyard. :thumbsup2

Nice DisMeet picture.

I love the new interactive queue, later on I had more fun with another line!

I am all caught up again. I did not get Storybook Circus at all. Maybe my mistake was that, like you, I visited the other part of the Fantasyland extension first. After all the amazing detail of Be Our Guest and Belle's village, Storybook Circus just felt cheap and nasty and quickly thrown together.

I am glad that Laura and you got to meet. I can't wait to meet you in May.

It is so amazing that you have all this Haunted Mansion stuff. I look forward to seeing photos of it all on display when you finally have the new house.

Corinna

I'm almost caught all up with yours too. I keep stalling because I hate coming to the end! :)

When we have the new house all put together, I'm going to invite over anyone from the DIS who wants to come over when they're in town. My DIS friends are the only ones who "get" us! I will post pictures too since it may be a while.

If we pass the Historial commision hearing, they will break ground in July. If we don't pass the Historical commission, well, I'm not thinking about that. :rolleyes:

I'm almost caught all up with yours too. I keep stalling because I hate coming to the end! :)

When we have the new house all put together, I'm going to invite over anyone from the DIS who wants to come over when they're in town. My DIS friends are the only ones who "get" us! I will post pictures too since it may be a while.

If we pass the Historial commision hearing, they will break ground in July. If we don't pass the Historical commission, well, I'm not thinking about that. :rolleyes:

I am just about to post the first installment of my Dubai mini trip report. I took a week off from writing trip report, but now I am on a roll again.

I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out at your Historical commission hearing.

Corinna

After our ride, we headed back over to Be Our Guest to get in line for lunch. We got there around 10:40 and the line was all the way out the walkway and spilled around towards Gaston’s. I had read on the DIS that most people wait about half an hour to get to inside or to the ordering station, so we got in line to wait.

They had plastic coated menus that they passed through the line so you could make your choices before you got up to the podium.

DSC01230_zps97caf81f.jpg

DSC01229_zpsfb452852.jpg

Once we got through the queue, we entered a room with CMs at various ordering kiosks.

DSC01232_zpse2295a4e.jpg

DSC01234_zps652c63d4.jpg

DSC01235_zpsb65b57fe.jpg

DSC01236_zps1fcdbfa0.jpg

DSC01237_zps680fbdce.jpg

Once you place your order, they give you a rose. I think it has some sort of GPS capability so that your server can find you with your order.

DSC01239_zps7829f995.jpg

While Fran waited at the table, I went around the restaurant taking pictures.

Drink Station

DSC01240_zpsd26d0499.jpg

DSC01241_zps1ab74365.jpg

We sat in the main dining room.

DSC01243_zps07a762a6.jpg

DSC01244_zps811b04bc.jpg

DSC01245_zpsa11ab236.jpg

But there were two other options for dining room.

DSC01246_zpsd3b92658.jpg

DSC01248_zpsd75cbf69.jpg

DSC01249_zps3daeb967.jpg

DSC01252_zps654fbc76.jpg

Our order arrived pretty quickly. The soups were both very good.

DSC01255_zps8fe586cb.jpg

DSC01256_zps89c223cf.jpg

The Roast Beef sandwich was nothing special, but it hit the spot.

DSC01257_zps936ab961.jpg

This cupcake was pretty good, too.

DSC01258_zps0cc19c4a.jpg

I'm still 6 pages behind but I had to comment. THANK YOU for the hog pictures!!! They are so freaking cute I can't stand it!

The Oysters were awesome! The only thing that wasn't quite as good was that in California we have this sauce called a Mignonette. Later our server told us that we could request it and they know how to make it. It's essentially red wine vinegar and some shallots, but it is so tasty with the Oysters, I always use it over the cocktail/horseradish option. When you come out here, maybe we could leave Disney property and get some, they don't serve raw oysters at Disney restaurants.

I will admit I have never eaten an oyster let alone a raw one. But would be open to trying them. Sounds fun. :)

I did go and check on the 1 BR again and of course there's no availability now. I sat on the fence too long. After this trip I know I'd enjoy having the kitchen and laundry.

Whew, all caught up. Hopefully I remember everything I wanted to comment on.

Love the red dress, you look fantastic!

Love the D & B, I really want the Aulani one in that color.

Sci-Fi is a great restaurant, glad you made a late lunch and had plenty of time after check out.

BLT looks great. That might just need to be back on the list.

I've wanted that Star Wars Donald for about a year. How great she got all four :)

The HM room sounds positively creepy!

Why did I think Be Our Guest was a table service? The onion soup looks mm mm good!

Thanks for sharing those photos. Can't wait to try it out.....if I can ever get my family inside FL.

Your HM room is going to be uber cool.

Very nice pictures from inside Be Our Guests Restaurant. No surprise to see a lot of the people sitting in the ball room and Beast room. Even though it is a counter service restaurant during lunch time but it does feel like a sit down restaurant where you get served.

Glad that you really like the French Onion Soup and Potato Leak Soup. When I ate at that restaurant last year I thought the food was very nice.

Great update.

Thanks so much for this thread!

I'm going to WDW for the first time in May - all of your info & wonderful pictures are helping me to plan
:-)

Alison - I'd really love to go to BoG in October. I'm not sure about whether I want to eat there, but I'd love to see inside. Would you and Fran eat there again?

Finally caught up!! I had forgotten this TR and by the time I remembered..whoooaaa :) Great report, have to try that stroganoff and love the Dooney! I have that same design on a small zippered wristlet I use for my camera.

Be Our Guest looks like a nice place to go for a counter service meal.

I had never seen the other two rooms before! Is that purple looking one supposed to be the Beasts room? So you can go into any dining room you want and they'll find you?

I have some sad news today. All week Sunny's health has been failing. I took her to the vet Wednesday and they sent her home with some meds, but she continued to decline so we brought her back to the vet where they tried to bring her back. We gave it 24 hours to see if her condition improved, but it didn't.

About 15 minutes ago, we gave the orders to euthanize her. The doctor said if they had not been sustaining her life, she probably would have passed on her own. She had eight more wonderful years than she would have if we had not rescued her from the desert. She probably ate better the many humans, and led a charmed life, even with the mobility difficulties that she had. The vet said that she was their longest living cat with Cerebeller Hypoplasia and we had done a wonderful job taking care of her. It was just her time.

:sad2: :sad:

I'm so sorry you and Fran lost your sweet Sunny today. :hug: Take comfort in knowing that her life was better because of you and she was loved... and she knew it. :flower3:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

I'm so very sorry. :hug: May you find peace in the sweet memories of Sunny and the amazing life you shared with her.

I have some sad news today. All week Sunny's health has been failing. I took her to the vet Wednesday and they sent her home with some meds, but she continued to decline so we brought her back to the vet where they tried to bring her back. We gave it 24 hours to see if her condition improved, but it didn't.

About 15 minutes ago, we gave the orders to euthanize her. The doctor said if they had not been sustaining her life, she probably would have passed on her own. She had eight more wonderful years than she would have if we had not rescued her from the desert. She probably ate better the many humans, and led a charmed life, even with the mobility difficulties that she had. The vet said that she was their longest living cat with Cerebeller Hypoplasia and we had done a wonderful job taking care of her. It was just her time.

:sad2: :sad:

Oh no :hug:

I'm so sorry. I know how much you guys cared for Sunny. And you did all that you could for her and gave her a way better life. I hope you and Fran are doing okay.

:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter