Pinch me, did it REALLY happen????? - All wrapped up, and yes, it DID happen!

[Continued from Previous Post]

We had to be out of our room at 11:00, and we still had a few more things to pack up, but it wasn’t even 9AM yet so we decided to check out Winnie the Pooh. The line was pretty long the other day so we had passed on it, but today it said only 10 minutes. I hadn’t been on this ride since they put in the “interactive queue” so I was excited to try it out, like the big old kid I am! :rotfl2:

I think this was kind of like a “whack-a-mole” game, but since the line was so short, we just walked past it.

We probably could have stopped and played for a little while, but we wanted to catch up with the end of the line.

I’m not quite sure what these were.

But these were little tuned drums that you could beat on make different pitches.

This line is great for ADD kids. It moved so fast you couldn’t stay involved in any one game for long enough to get bored.

These little honeybees were fun. They were attached to a wire and you scooted them along the wire.

This is the wall of Hunny. There are actually a few of these.

When you slide your hand across to wipe away the Hunny you see one of the characters.

I got so caught up in trying to take Tiggr’s picture that Fran left me in the dust!

A view from later in the queue of the wall.

Now we were approaching the boarding for the ride.

[Continued in Next Post]

Here we go!

And then we were done.

Fran wanted to check out Sir Mickey’s on our way out of the park, so we stopped in there, but no luck.

I took a few last shots of the castle, and then we were out of there.

Then there’s that Pesky Crane in there

We got back to the room around 10:00AM with all our stops and dawdling. This time my scooter made it without a problem. We packed up our suitcases and called the Bellman. When they took our suitcases to the guys who check them in every one of our suitcases weighed, just barely under 50 lbs. After weighing three of them, the guy turns to me and says, “OK, what gives?” I told him that I have a scale in my carry on bag so that I can adjust the weight so no one bag is overweight. He laughed because he said no one could be that good, just by feeling the weight.

Turns out it doesn’t matter, there is no extra baggage charge for overweight bags in 1st class, but still I don’t want to endanger anyone for having to lift too heavy of a bag. Once they were all checked we headed up to the Contempo Café for some lunch.

We were pretty hungry since it was 7AM when I ate my bowl of cereal and I have no idea what Fran ate for her breakfast. We ordered a burger to split that came with fries, a salad, a cookie and a rice krispie treat.

The burger was actually pretty good!

I couldn’t eat the whole salad and let Fran finish off what I couldn’t eat. Then we split the cookie.

We still had some time to kill before we needed to be out for our DME bus.

Mary Blair art

The Monorail.

And before you know it we were on our bus.

We made one stop at the Wilderness Lodge before heading to the airport. This is the next WDW resort that we will be checking into so it was fun to get a small preview.

[Continued in Next Post]

And then we were off. On our way to the airport. One of the reasons we wanted to get to the airport early was to enjoy the Admiral’s club privileges that Fran gets with her Platinum Amex. Well turns out that Orlando doesn’t have an Admiral’s Club. :headache: So we ended up getting something to eat here.

Even though vacation was ending, I was still in a good mood.

I had one of these coming!

We started with an order of queso and chips

And got these sort of “make them yourself” tacos and tortillas. There was some sort of beefy cheesy mess in there along with the beans.

They gave us tortillas and taco shells in which to stuff the food.

And this was what I stuffed my face with before getting on the plane.

Now for those of you following from the beginning, you will remember that I brought a real life interruption into the TR here, when just as we boarded the plane my little pride and joy, Sunny had a trip to the emergency room. I worried the whole way home, sort of for nothing, she pulled through that time fine, but as you all know, in the long run she didn’t make it through the end of the TR.

It’s been almost a month and I still think of her with an empty heart. I love my other kitties, but they just don’t fill that void that she did. We leave on our cruise trip in less than two days and I am glad that I don’t have the worry of “how will Sunny do?”, but I am sad that I don’t have the worry of “how will Sunny do?”

This was a fantastic trip for us. We never made so many rope drops in our lives. I couldn’t believe how many times we were up early and what energy we had to keep going every single day.

Our next trip to the world is in October of this year with a whole bunch of DISers from the games and Community Board. I’m really looking forward to that trip and I will start a PTR once I come back from the cruise. I’ll post a link here once I do. And just tonight we started to plan a trip with a friend and his boyfriend for 2014. They are both DL AP holders and I know they will love going to visit the world, and will enjoy our knowledge and expertise. I’m sure they will be fun to travel with as they are pretty laid back about traveling too, so while this chapter of trips has come to a close, there are many more exiting adventures on the horizon! TTFN!

Brava! Great report Alison. :thumbsup2

The Belle interaction looks cool but have a feeling my crew would veto that faster than the Senate on gun control. ;)

I'm so excited for your cruise. Glad Fran is feeling better. I know you're going to have an amazing time.

I'm sorry you're feeling blue over Sunny. :hug: It's been over 2 months since we lost Riley and I still think of him every morning right when I wake up.

On the Border chips are my favorite. They're so thin and salty and crunchy. At least the ones in the bag are. I love them.

We always FP Pooh. I didn't realize the queue was so cool. We're going to have to walk through the next time.

Can't wait to read about all of your upcoming trips. Safe travels. :goodvibes

I loved the photos of the pre-opening show. Now I want to make sure that I can see this for myself the next time I head to WDW. I think Enchanted Tales with Belle may be one of those attractions were the queuing area appeals more to me that the attraction itself. From the photos I think I would love all the clever detail in Maurice's cottage. The interactive line at the Winnie the Pooh ride is also something that would appeal to me.

Thanks so much for sharing. I hope you will have a wonderful cruise.

Corinna

Phew, I need a nap after just reading what you got done on your last day! Your pre flight meal look yummy, I'll have to remember that place.

Looking forward to hearing all about your up coming adventures, so have a wonderful time and travel safely:thumbsup2

Awesome that you were able to find someone to give your goodies to. Even better that they were right next door!

I can't believe how popular Belle is, even right at opening! It's something I think I want to do next time.

I really love the shirt you're wearing! Did you get that recently?

Boo. I hate when TR's come to an end. But i'm really excited to hear about your next big adventure coming up in two days! :banana:

Great report! And well done on finding that Disser right.next.door.!! :rotfl2:

Here's to your cruise....and to October!...and more rope drops then? :cool1:

Brava! Great report Alison. :thumbsup2

The Belle interaction looks cool but have a feeling my crew would veto that faster than the Senate on gun control. ;)

I'm so excited for your cruise. Glad Fran is feeling better. I know you're going to have an amazing time.

I'm sorry you're feeling blue over Sunny. :hug: It's been over 2 months since we lost Riley and I still think of him every morning right when I wake up.

On the Border chips are my favorite. They're so thin and salty and crunchy. At least the ones in the bag are. I love them.

We always FP Pooh. I didn't realize the queue was so cool. We're going to have to walk through the next time.

Can't wait to read about all of your upcoming trips. Safe travels. :goodvibes

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even bother to wait for it. You need for the next generation! :rotfl2: Then they will be all over it! :thumbsup2

I loved the photos of the pre-opening show. Now I want to make sure that I can see this for myself the next time I head to WDW. I think Enchanted Tales with Belle may be one of those attractions were the queuing area appeals more to me that the attraction itself. From the photos I think I would love all the clever detail in Maurice's cottage. The interactive line at the Winnie the Pooh ride is also something that would appeal to me.

Thanks so much for sharing. I hope you will have a wonderful cruise.

Corinna

I had no idea until the first time we hit it that they had something like that, it was pretty cool and Fran hung out until Mickey looked at her directly. That was great! The effects of the Belle meet and greet were spectacular. You have to get there early because it fills up fast and it's not worth a long wait, but the wardrobe, Lumiere and the magic mirror were really neat!

Phew, I need a nap after just reading what you got done on your last day! Your pre flight meal look yummy, I'll have to remember that place.

Looking forward to hearing all about your up coming adventures, so have a wonderful time and travel safely:thumbsup2

I know! We rarely do anything our last day and to get in a pre-show and two attractions plus some shops, I was astonished. I was so glad we weren't rushed at the airport. I really hate that. We are going to leave (hopefully) really early tomorrow, to avoid that stress.

Awesome that you were able to find someone to give your goodies to. Even better that they were right next door!

I can't believe how popular Belle is, even right at opening! It's something I think I want to do next time.

I really love the shirt you're wearing! Did you get that recently?

Boo. I hate when TR's come to an end. But i'm really excited to hear about your next big adventure coming up in two days! :banana:

It is a neat attraction, even for us who didn't participate or have kids. You need to get there right away. Make Daniel run and the rest of you catch up! :lmao:

I got that shirt like two days before the pictures, I mentioned it before we hit the ditch and said that I would be posting pics of the cool shirt I got. I call it "Epcot, According to Alison", but obviously there A LOT of other people who feel that way! :rotfl2: Otherwise they wouldn't have made a shirt out of it. I'm bringing it on the cruise!

Great report! And well done on finding that Disser right.next.door.!! :rotfl2:

Here's to your cruise....and to October!...and more rope drops then? :cool1:

Technically she was actually across the hall on the "inside of the C" whereas with our MK view we were on the "outside of the C". Regardless it was awesome that I found someone to take it and that she was so close. Incidentally, she had accidentally purchased regular Dr. Pepper and we had a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper. Her daughter wouldn't touch the fully leaded stuff so she was grateful that her mistake had been rectified!

Yes and hopefully more rope drops in October! Link will be coming soon. I'm already working on TR titles!

That meal at Narcoosse’s looked so good. We have eaten there twice and loved it both times.
Nice you got to go back and do Belle.
Does everyone get a pic with Belle?
Pooh looked cute. Have not seen the new queue yet.
Sorry about Sunny.
Have fun on the cruise.

Great TR, thanks so much for sharing :) I'm glad it was a fantastic trip, it was a long time coming!

Such a great TR

It really has been fun to read along

Have fun on the cruise and be sure to let us know where to find your TR :)

Great ending to your trip!

I really want to get on that Balloon in DTD, I hope I can on my next trip.

So great that you were able to find someone to take your goodies so you didn't have to toss them.

I love Winnie the Pooh, I was sad that we didn't get on it last trip, the line was too long and I was the only one who would have waited in it at the time, LOL

Awesome trip!!!! If I wasn't already itching to plan my next trip, I am now! SO excited to see ETWB! Looks amazing!!

Now enjoy that cruise!

Just wanted to jump in - as a newbie and lurker :) I love, love, loved your trip report! I finally finished it all - what a wonderful time you guys had! I loved the pictures, the detail, the descriptions... just everything!

Thank you for sharing!!!

Wonderful wrap up to the TR, and I do understand about Sunny, but she willa lways live in your heart.

:hug:

I know you are having a wonderful time on your cruise!

Awesome finish to your TR.:thumbsup2 Now go and enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! We did! :teeth: But you're already knowing that since you're reading over there now!

That meal at Narcoosse’s looked so good. We have eaten there twice and loved it both times.
Nice you got to go back and do Belle.
Does everyone get a pic with Belle?
Pooh looked cute. Have not seen the new queue yet.
Sorry about Sunny.
Have fun on the cruise.

I just booked us back there for the last day of September, if CA Grill opens we'll change it, but for now we're OK with Narcoosse's too!
No everyone doesn't get a picture with Belle, you have get one of the spots as a character, but they do ask if anyone else wants to "play" after all the main characters are assigned. They had silverware and all kinds of props that you could be if you wanted to be in the pics.
The pooh line was a lot of fun!

Great TR, thanks so much for sharing :) I'm glad it was a fantastic trip, it was a long time coming!

Thanks! After all those canceled trips, it was so nice to actually go, have fun, and even more so have Fran enjoy it!

Such a great TR

It really has been fun to read along

Have fun on the cruise and be sure to let us know where to find your TR :)

Thanks! The next WDW trip link will be coming in the next post, although the trip is a ways off. Glad you found the cruise TR!

Great ending to your trip!

I really want to get on that Balloon in DTD, I hope I can on my next trip.

So great that you were able to find someone to take your goodies so you didn't have to toss them.

I love Winnie the Pooh, I was sad that we didn't get on it last trip, the line was too long and I was the only one who would have waited in it at the time, LOL

I really like the balloon. Maybe next trip we will do it after our dinner at Raglan Road. scottny clued me in that it is cool to do around 9PM, you see fireworks!

Awesome trip!!!! If I wasn't already itching to plan my next trip, I am now! SO excited to see ETWB! Looks amazing!!

Now enjoy that cruise!

Thanks! I am already in full swing planning for the next trip! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to jump in - as a newbie and lurker :) I love, love, loved your trip report! I finally finished it all - what a wonderful time you guys had! I loved the pictures, the detail, the descriptions... just everything!

Thank you for sharing!!!

You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Wonderful wrap up to the TR, and I do understand about Sunny, but she willa lways live in your heart.

:hug:

I know you are having a wonderful time on your cruise!

I cried when I read this on the cruise. The cruise was the first time we came home and weren't looking for her. Whenever we come home, we count noses and make sure all the felines are accounted for. The thought that I wouldn't be looking for Sunny made me sad.

The good thing was that all the other kitties missed us so much and they showed it, so we were feeling the love when we came home from the cruise.

Stay tuned for how to find out about our next WDW adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter