Pirates! Pirates! Pirates!!! POTC At World's End! Discussion, SPOILERS

laxplaya1346

It'll be an ongoing thing...

Saw it last night at 8pm and all I can say is wowwww. Our theatre was filled to capacity and we had many people dressed in costumes. I thought overall the movie had a lot more humor especially with the monkey and i did not expect it to take on such a mytholigic route. Calypso was just freaky...

I didn't dig the Calypso part. I think they could have went with a less weird direction on Tia Dalma. And the whole Davy/Calypso thing kind of just got cut off. She made the storm and then that was it. :confused3

Aside from that, HILARIOUS!
I loved it overall!

My heart skipped a beat when Norrington kissed Elizabeth. And then, the last half hour, from the time where Will asked her to marry him to the end... my hands were either up to my mouth, around my neck, or at my heart. It was totally epic and tragic and romantic all at the same time. Wow.

For sure going to see it again! popcorn::

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Will get stabbed.. and then I thought "oh wait Jack just give him the heart"

i saw it at 10 am today. and...... BARBOSSA ROCKED!!! :D :D i loved it when they where at the last fight scene on the ship and barbossa was marring will and liz and he was like 'Just kiss already'!. that was an awesome.. oh and i got some dirt that they are talking about a forth one but u didnt hear it from me

That was a really great movie, but I still prefer Dead Man's Chest. The whole marrying while fighting thing was a little over the top. Though I must say, I have never seen a movie before with so much humor during a fight scene. That was great. :thumbsup2

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give this one a 9, but I'd give Dead Man's Chest a 9.5.

R.I.P Admiral Norrington. Ye finally chose the right path and paid the price :(

That was a really great movie, but I still prefer Dead Man's Chest. The whole marrying while fighting thing was a little over the top. Though I must say, I have never seen a movie before with so much humor during a fight scene. That was great. :thumbsup2

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give this one a 9, but I'd give Dead Man's Chest a 9.5.

R.I.P Admiral Norrington. Ye finally chose the right path and paid the price :(

Eh.. Dead Man's Chest was ok.. this one had a lot more humor than darkness..

AH, all I have to say is my favorite part is when the screen went black and they were leading up to Jack on the island, AND THE SPIEL FROM PIRATES THE RIDE CAME ON. My mouth dropped, i felt like i was in Disney World.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Will get stabbed.. and then I thought "oh wait Jack just give him the heart"

Same here. No big deal, only like 10 or 20 people in the movie theatre looked behind to see who was screaming "Will, no!!!"

Oh yeah, I meant to ask... how much did Disney pay to keep a PG-13 rating? That movie was horribly violent...

AH, all I have to say is my favorite part is when the screen went black and they were leading up to Jack on the island, AND THE SPIEL FROM PIRATES THE RIDE CAME ON. My mouth dropped, i felt like i was in Disney World.
Oh, my, that was so weird!

I saw the movie at 8:00 yesterday. :thumbsup2

I went spoiler-free and it was totally worth all the effort! When Will got stabbed I was in such shock I was hyperventilating and my hands were numb! :eek: I had to try to calm myself down by saying "it's just a movie". I was about to cry when Tia Dalma touched Davy Jones and he became human for a few moments. And when the curse of Davy Jones was lifted and the crew became human again, OMG. All the other Jacks were annoying and really dumb in my eyes. I think they over-used the monkey too. He was cute though, so I didn't really mind.

And OMG, it was horribly violent and just nasty in some places! I was wondering sometimes how it was rated PG-13?

The monkey was used alot in this movie, but he is really cute! I loved the part when they were traveling in the freezing cold and the monkey was shivering and icy. And when they used the monkey as a cannonball. :rotfl: Speaking of cannonballs the part when Ragitti and Pintel take them to throw at the spirits was really funny too.
edit: One more thing, did you see some reviews online? Some critics are tough! POTC 3 only got 2 stars from one of them. :(

I know! LOL! I looked over at my mom and freaked out! "MOM!!!!! THAT IS THE PIRATES RIDE!!!! OMG!!!!!" :rotfl2:

The monkey was used alot in this movie, but he is really cute! I loved the part when they were traveling in the freezing cold and the monkey was shivering and icy. And when they used the monkey as a cannonball. :rotfl: Speaking of cannonballs the part when Raggitti and Pinto take them to throw at the spirits was really funny too.

I know! Everybody in the theater was like "Awwwwww....." when they saw that. That monkey is so darn cute! :love:

And oh yeah, Pintel and Ragetti were especially funny, and Murtogg and Mullroy were hilarious when they joined the pirates, LOL!!!

I love the part with Jack when he went crazy and there was "the other Jack" that got the peanut and he shot him and he's like "My peanut!"....they referred to peanuts alot in the movie.

That was amazing.
15/10 stars.

I think I fell off my chair in the crazy Jack scenes.

BTW. if you stayed until after the credits, the scene is that a little boy (will and elizabeths child) runs along a beautiful cliff (with elizabeth) singing "yoho,yoho..." and he sees a green flash and will comes a sailin on in :)

Think theres a fourth one?
Why does Jack have a map to a cup of life?

Yeah, they're trying to follow Ponce De Leon's trail to the Fountain of Youth in Florida, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll make a fourth one. The had some nice closure after the credits of the third one.

Plus, if they do make a fourth one, unless Beckett somehow survived (doubtful), they'll never be able to create another villain as great as any in the first three movies, so a fourth one would be disappointing.

That was amazing.
15/10 stars.

I think I fell off my chair in the crazy Jack scenes.

BTW. if you stayed until after the credits, the scene is that a little boy (will and elizabeths child) runs along a beautiful cliff (with elizabeth) singing "yoho,yoho..." and he sees a green flash and will comes a sailin on in :)

Think theres a fourth one?
Why does Jack have a map to a cup of life?
I thought it was a girl? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter