Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

I'm trying to make a dent in packing today.
We're bringing 5 suitcases (thank goodness for JetBlue's bag policy!). I've decided that 1 suitcase will be the stuff we need for our one night at the Swan and Sunday until we get into our stateroom. FE gifts are packed (and are the main reason for needing a 5th bag, although I've spread them out over all 5 bags because they're heavier than I expected! :lmao: ).
I have a busy week at work and my kids have their last week of school. I think we all NEED this vacation.
I am jealous of those who are getting ready to leave or have already left. :rolleyes1

I am really looking forward to so many different aspects of this trip. I hope to meet many of you throughout the cruise! I really think that my family will love cruising and this may be a game-changer for us. :thumbsup2

Amanda

We're excited here too!

We have Vacation Bible School all week in the AM and I've managed to schedule my Mon, Tues, and Wed afternoons with activities for my kids. How'd that happen????? When am I going to do laundry/pack/last minute shopping??

Kids are going to G'ma's on Friday night and DH and I leave at 3:45 AM on Saturday for 6:10 flight!

WOO HOO!!!!!!

ill be doing packing today and tomorrow, getting FE all done by today! we fly out friday morning at 6 am!

Packing for us today. We head out at 9:00am Friday. Hoping to see lots of LGMHs all over WDW. I'll have mine on my camera bag. You never know when you will run into a Dis'er. We ran into some at the Tower of London!

We booked a cruise package at the Radisson at Port Canaveral a couple of months ago -- I think at the suggestion from someone on the Dis. We have read mixed reviews and are feeling a little squeamish and concerned. Is anyone else staying there pre-cruise for one night? Does anyone have experience with the hotel and cruise package? We got one night, parking for the duration of the cruise, and a shuttle to and from the cruise. Any advice or past experiences would be helpful.
Thanks!
Gilchrist

Packing has commenced in earnest! We drive out Friday to arrive at the Swan early Saturday. And we have still managed to keep the cruise portion of our trip a secret from DDs (5 & 7). They're going to flip when we leave a week early and tell them why!

Safe travels, everyone!
XO
Liz

My packing starts this afternoon, and I head to the airport tomorrow morning! Yes, I know it sounds like I'm cutting it close in terms of packing, but as a solo traveler, I'm guessing that it's easier for me to pack just for myself than it is for those with multiple children.

Woo hoo!

-- Dave

I was ale to score ressies for Palo on Pirate night last night :banana: I never really liked the Pirate menu anyway. I really want to eat at Remy's as well, but DW has no interest since we ate there last cruise and its not really her kind dining. Oh well...

I was ale to score ressies for Palo on Pirate night last night :banana: I never really liked the Pirate menu anyway. I really want to eat at Remy's as well, but DW has no interest since we ate there last cruise and its not really her kind dining. Oh well...

Nice! :thumbsup2

So- I seem to be confused. :confused:
Can you confirm which night is Pirate Night, which night is semi-formal? I have only looked sporadically, but I seem to keep finding differing answers.

If you are planning on going in the water at Castaway Cay, I would suggest you bring a pair of aqua socks or water shoes. I have seen folks come out of the water after stepping Sea Urchins and depending how the the tide is, there might be rocks in Serenety Bay. The concrete can also get a little toasty at CC.

Can't wait to see you and Pam again!!!!!

Don't forget to call your credit card companies to let them know that you will be out of the country! I called Visa yesterday! It was really quick! I called AmEx as well and they said that is not necessary to call them but it doesn't hurt!

There is a 3% international purchase charge when you use your Visa card out of the country!

Both of our girls just looked at the clock and said, "We'll be on the cruise this time next week!" We said we will have just left the port about an hour before!

All packed except for some shoes that we will be wearing throughout the week. The large suitcases weigh 48 lbs, 49 lbs and about 27 lbs so we are all good! We have one carry on suitcase that has our pjs for Saturday night's stay at the Orlando Airport Hyatt and clothes for the next day. Our toiletries are right on top of another suitcase so we will be able to get to them easily that day. The lighter suitcase has our FE and gifts and our Hydroflasks and some other things.

Well, time to type up our itinerary for the 2nd part of our trip when we are at Disney for a week!

See everyone in less than a week now!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!:banana::cool1::woohoo:

Well, I think I am officially "shopped-out" for the trip. I have clothes, five new pairs of shoes (heh), a new suitcase, and more. Tomorrow I'm getting my nails done and then have a retirement party at night. I'm hoping to pack on Wednesday as I have to go into school for a few hours on Thursday and then leave at 4 am on Friday.

What's everyone wearing for pirate night? I have a costume I could use, but don't want to be the only one going all out and was curious.

Also, for those who don't have any lime green Mickey heads (the symbol used by DISers in the parks to easily identify one another), try printing this out:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/wayneg1/green20mickey20head.jpg

You can laminate it with Contact paper or the like and then hang it on a bag. I like to put my DIS screen name on mine as well. Be sure to say hello if you see me!

Just a few more days...:yay:

Well, I think I am officially "shopped-out" for the trip. I have clothes, five new pairs of shoes (heh), a new suitcase, and more. Tomorrow I'm getting my nails done and then have a retirement party at night. I'm hoping to pack on Wednesday as I have to go into school for a few hours on Thursday and then leave at 4 am on Friday.

What's everyone wearing for pirate night? I have a costume I could use, but don't want to be the only one going all out and was curious.

Also, for those who don't have any lime green Mickey heads (the symbol used by DISers in the parks to easily identify one another), try printing this out:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/wayneg1/green20mickey20head.jpg

You can laminate it with Contact paper or the like and then hang it on a bag. I like to put my DIS screen name on mine as well. Be sure to say hello if you see me!

Just a few more days...:yay:

Hey Nikki,

I made us shirts disigned by folks on the Disigns thread! Izzie does have an outfit that is perfect but I made her a shirt as well. We also each have an eye patch to wear!

See you next week! OMG!!!!:banana::cool1::scared1:

Yay, happy to hear you got Palo, Scott! :banana:

Time - 2:00 on the Sea Day (Wednesday, June 27)
Meeting Place - Deck 12 Forward Elevators (spilling outside if needed)

Here are the room types that have been volunteered so far. We don't plan on going to duplicate room types, but wanted some options to help us plan out the shortest route.

Please let me know via this thread or through PM if you're willing to share your room with everyone. We're looking for the room types where we still have question marks in particular. Calling any cruisers in a Cat T, 8A, or 10A!

Concierge Royal Suite w/ Verandah (Cat R)
12002 - NejTheLion

Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite w/ Verandah (Cat T)
?

Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah (Cat V)
12516 - Darthvader92

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah (Cat 4A-4D)
10100 - myweegirls (4A)
10096 - gretchenohar@hotmail (4A)
9576 - wdwscout (4A)
6106 - othello32 (4D)

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Oversized Verandah (Cat 4E)
5044 - disneybeachprincess (4E)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah (Cat 5A-5D)
10508 - ascardino (5A)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Oversized and/or Whitewall Verandah (5E/6A/6B)
8184 - hbg4 (5E)
6690 - skatingmom (5E)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Navigator's Verandah (Cat 7A)
6178 - brother of othello32 (7A)

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ 2 Portholes (Cat 8A)
?

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ 1 Large Porthole (Cat 8B-8D)
9154 - Disneyfun1 (8B)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom (Cat 9A/9B)
6000 - dmwang9 (9A)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom w/ Obstructed and/or Limited View (Cat 9C/9D)
8000 - Basil Fox (9C)

Deluxe Inside Stateroom (Cat 10A)
?

Standard Inside Stateroom (Cat 11A-11C)
2025 - Pikester (11C)

Hey Nikki,

I made us shirts disigned by folks on the Disigns thread! Izzie does have an outfit that is perfect but I made her a shirt as well. We also each have an eye patch to wear!

See you next week! OMG!!!!:banana::cool1::scared1:

Cool! I was just over there looking for magnet ideas. I just realized I have no door magnets made. This first DCL cruise is overwhelming!

Do we know for sure what night is Pirate night? I thought I saw some discussion about the DCL website having it wrong originally. Anyway, we are booked for Nassau night at 6:30.

Scott, Val & I are looking forward to seeing you and Pam on board and hearing about that last cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter