Podcast Cruise 3.0 - 06/24/2012

I'm having lots of packing angst!
Amanda

Us too! We just got the suitcases out. Usually, we are up at midnight the night before we leave. Not this trip! We are determined to get most of it done TODAY! :goodvibes With small stuff left for the overnight bag.

We'll see out it goes . . . . :rolleyes1

Gilchrist

We drove ourselves crazier because we packed too early!! :eek: We have been packed since Friday, and now time is creeping by because it feels like we should have left already! The waiting has become torture, since we're used to packing in a mad scramble the night before we leave! We can't wait for Thursday!

I survived the last few days, we are all packed and ready to go (I think). Head out tomorrow morning at 5:45am, will be loungng around Kidani Village later in the day. I'm pumped.

Have a safe trip! See you soon!

Us too! We just got the suitcases out. Usually, we are up at midnight the night before we leave. Not this trip! We are determined to get most of it done TODAY! :goodvibes With small stuff left for the overnight bag.

We'll see out it goes . . . . :rolleyes1

Gilchrist

I am usually in this situation too. On one of my last trips, I started packing at 9 pm the night before and then realized my flight was leaving earlier than I originally thought. I think I got three hours of sleep that night. I HATE packing and it takes forever for me to do it. That night was nuts!

We drove ourselves crazier because we packed too early!! :eek: We have been packed since Friday, and now time is creeping by because it feels like we should have left already! The waiting has become torture, since we're used to packing in a mad scramble the night before we leave! We can't wait for Thursday!

This is why I avoid doing it early. lol That's my logic and I'm sticking to it. :lmao:

I'm cleaning the house today and then going to a book signing in a few hours. My plan is to pack tomorrow.

Woot, Woot, on the bus to our Happy Place. Waited about 15 minutes for the bus, but its going to take a while since we stop at coronado, pop, art, and then kidani. It's cooler here in Orlando than in WI.

Thanks for the well wishes Nikki, can't wait to meet you, and everybody else.

If you need some ideas of what Kevin and Jody do...

WDW-KJ-Tin-Signs-540x276.jpg

From WDW Merchandise
Tin Mini Attraction Poster Set
Price: $65
SKU: 400003320479

WDW-Map-Plate-Set-KJ-540x427.jpg

Boxed Dinnerware Set
Price: $40
SKU: 400002962472

I am sure there is other stuff out there. Looks like I will be at the Art of Disney trying to find prints.

:grouphug: For those that have not left home yet..I thought If we brought a Tshirt from our state or area we could have a collection of t shirts for the :thumbsup2 GKTW auction..Walmarts and rite aids carry shirts with state logo's We will bring one from Boston..

The 10-day forecast for Nassau shows we can expect some warm temps (upper 80's) and some thunder showers during our cruise. Presumably these are the familiar types of fast moving afternoon thundershowers that those who go to WDW in the summer have experienced.

Packing angst here too! This is the longest non-DVC vacations we've ever taken and I'm a little worried about the laundry situation. It's always so convenient to throw a load in before bed halfway through your stay!!!

I feel like I'm taking SO many clothes. Yeah, yeah, I know I can do laundry on the boat but do I really WANT to??????

:laughing:

Packing angst here too! This is the longest non-DVC vacations we've ever taken and I'm a little worried about the laundry situation. It's always so convenient to throw a load in before bed halfway through your stay!!!

I feel like I'm taking SO many clothes. Yeah, yeah, I know I can do laundry on the boat but do I really WANT to??????

We are thinking about the same issue.
We have used the laundry on the ship before- and really, it's pretty convenient. I throw in a load- go eat breakfast, move it to the dryer, go enjoy the sunshine, and then it's all done!
Sure, it's way more convenient to have it right there in the villa, but this isn't all that bad.

Plus- we take WAY more clothes on a cruise because we wear at least 2 outfits a day. And that means underclothes too- since it will be hot and sticky out!

I am planning to do at least one load of laundry mid-cruise. And then we have the 1 bedroom at BLT post cruise where I can really run everything through before going home!

I think we all pack for WDW trips almost without thinking. Packing for a cruise is a whole new animal!!! :chewy:

Laundry on vacation?! Heck NOOO! If you saw what I pack you would fall over LOL! I can't help it, I need to be comfy and clean at all times. I could live for a month with what I bring for a 5 day trip. It's really a crazy but I can't help it :rotfl:

I moved from pre-packing (piles organized into their eventual bag destinations) to packing tonight, and it's looking good! The pre-night stay bag is packed with everything we'll need post-drive and pre-port (one night at the Swan). There might also be one bag containing exclusively shoes. :eek: Granted, it's bigger (a bit) than it needs to be to hold the shoes, so there's room later for souvenirs...

All stealth packing, too, as DDs are still blissfully unaware. On our way home tonight, they were saying, "Mommy! Just ten more days until we go to Disney!" Mwahahahaaa... :rotfl:

I'm hoping we can get away without doing laundry on the cruise piece, but it will be fine if we do need to. We'll be at a 1BR at AKL afterward, and I know laundry will be the first thing I do there!

XO
Liz

:grouphug: For those that have not left home yet..I thought If we brought a Tshirt from our state or area we could have a collection of t shirts for the :thumbsup2 GKTW auction..Walmarts and rite aids carry shirts with state logo's We will bring one from Boston..

I like this idea! Are you putting this together as a package? If so, we'd be happy to bring along a Wisconsin shirt!

Maybe we could have a laundry meet! Everyone get a fruity beverage of your choice and meet in the laundry room for washing, drying, and socializing!!!!! :laughing:

...at WDW pre-cruise so don't forget that gold bond power.

It keeps your body from making its own gravy. :joker:

Laundry on vacation?! Heck NOOO! If you saw what I pack you would fall over LOL! I can't help it, I need to be comfy and clean at all times. I could live for a month with what I bring for a 5 day trip. It's really a crazy but I can't help it :rotfl:

Ugh, laundry! I refuse to do laundry while on vacation, but have a feeling I won't be able to avoid it this time around as I'll be away for two weeks. I'll probably do it in our villa after the cruise. I just dread the thought!

...at WDW pre-cruise so don't forget that gold bond power.

It keeps your body from making its own gravy. :joker:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The 10-day forecast for Nassau shows we can expect some warm temps (upper 80's) and some thunder showers during our cruise. Presumably these are the familiar types of fast moving afternoon thundershowers that those who go to WDW in the summer have experienced.

I'm looking forward to this. We had this type of weather on my first Disney cruise back in 2003, and saw a gorgeous rainbow and colors in the clouds I had never seen before - just beautiful. It would be so neat to see something similar on this cruise.

11450072nassau.jpg

OMG--somebody stop the clock!!! I am leaving on Friday for Florida and I am so not ready. I need an extra 24 hours!!!!

Have not even started to pack yet--like not even started to lay out clothes, nothing, nada. Have started a list that I apparently don't have time to update and an unbelievable amount of work stuff thgat needs my attention before I leave.

I am panicking now!!!

Just checking in...

I am in the middle of packing (UGH - I HATE packing!). I thought I heard someone say that everyone is wearing their DIS shirts to the port. Is this the case? I just want to make sure I'm ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter