Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

So I tried on my tux last night. It was always on the snug side but just a bit too much so now :(. I guess I'll be going with the dark suit for formal nights. I was really hoping to wear the tux. Maybe if I behave myself the next 3 weeks it'll fit a little better but I doubt that. Either that or maybe I can get a new pair of pants and not have to get a whole new suit. I'll have to check on that.

Update in first post - Sign-ups for the shore excursion with Teresa and Craig closing on Friday 11/04/2016 at midnight eastern time.

What is the dress code situation generally, as compared to DCL 7 nights?

I don't even know what I should be asking about!

So I tried on my tux last night. It was always on the snug side but just a bit too much so now :(. I guess I'll be going with the dark suit for formal nights.
Don't worry too much. We've found that the dress code onboard is very relaxed, even on "formal" nights.

Don't worry too much. We've found that the dress code onboard is very relaxed, even on "formal" nights.
I know. It's just that I so rarely get to wear it. The last time was probably on our last cruise which was several years ago. If I can get a new pair of pants, I'll do that. I hadn't thought of that option until I was typing my previous message.

When we booked the cruise our dinner time on the confirmation said 8:30. I made reservations for shows that are 7:30-8:15. Now I'm seeing our dinner time is scheduled for 8:00. Has anyone else run into this problem? Will they allow us to show up late for dinner?

We have the same time and I noticed the same thing. I'm not sure about the lateness for dinner...

I don't drink enough to make any packages worth my while, and for each person to pay each day is a lot for my group... Now the internet package is a different story, and we got it when it was still on sale. My daughter, Kelly, got the regular, I got it with streaming, and Nick & Yasmin are going commando ;) .

We also signed up for the wine tasting and Prohibition event. So, if any of you signed up for those, we'll see you there!

We also signed up for excursions at every port (it's their first Caribbean cruise, so they are over the moon right now). If any of you are doing any of the following we'll see you there, too. :)
  • They were a little aggressive for our Haiti day. We're doing the coaster (one ride), historic walking tour, and wave jet tour.
  • For Jamaica we're doing the Bamboo Beach Club & Falls VIP package
  • For Cozumel we're doing the Mayan Frontier by Horseback & Ecolounge Beach Break
We ARE planning on taking some wine to drink with dinner. Does anyone have experience bringing your own bottles of wine?

We'll see you at the Prohibition event. Sounds like a lot of fun! -terry

My husband and I are in the same boat. This is my first cruise and we did just book the 3 day dining package. I am kinda bummed that after I booked, it doesn't let you even pick the first restaurant. All it lets you choose is will you be dining in that restaurant day one or two. Also, you cannot make reservations for any other nights of your dining package until you are actually on the ship, so I am a little concerned that the the good times will be all booked up.
I have the same concern. We are signed up for the 5 day package. Hope they will have openings with desirable times.

My cousin often sails RCCL and she has always enjoyed the dining packages you are talking about. I bet you're fine,

Does anyone have experience with debarkation day on the Oasis? Specifically, what time are the last passengers getting off?

Does anyone have experience with debarkation day on the Oasis? Specifically, what time are the last passengers getting off?
Its pretty much the same as DCL, everybody will be off by about 9:30 assuming a normal arrival time.

Wow, driving home to MA? Straight through or stopping overnight? Val & I used to do the drive in 3 days but we didn't like to push it, only driving ~8 hours a day.

Clueless techie here. Normally when we're on a cruise, our phones are turned off and locked in the safe (unless we're using the DCL app.)

We have a new petsitter, who likes to send updates via text. If I buy the internet package will I be able to send/receive text messages, or does that depend on Verizon?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kathy

Clueless techie here. Normally when we're on a cruise, our phones are turned off and locked in the safe (unless we're using the DCL app.)

We have a new petsitter, who likes to send updates via text. If I buy the internet package will I be able to send/receive text messages, or does that depend on Verizon?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Kathy

If you have an iPhone, then iMessage (blue texts) will work over WiFi. If you do not have an iPhone, you will need to use an app like WhatsApp to send and receive messages.

If you have an iPhone, then iMessage (blue texts) will work over WiFi.
Ooh, I didn't even think of that. We do all have iPhones.

Remind me what we need to do to be sure that texts go as iMessages and not as text messages (which would cost money).

Remind me what we need to do to be sure that texts go as iMessages and not as text messages (which would cost money).

Turn on Airplane mode and connect to the WiFi. iMessages will work. Regulars texts (green) will not. Make sure you turn Data Roaming off just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter