Podcast Cruise 6.0!!! Official Info

I'm flying down Saturday morning. Not really sure of the plans. Probably Epcot. I want to see all the holiday booths.
Post cruise, I'll be staying at WDW one night, then home Monday afternoon. Not sure of Sunday plans, either. Just going to wing it.

We're flying in Saturday afternoon and will probably drive over to DS for dinner. Post cruise back to WDW for a couple days to check out the new evening stuff at HS and AK.

Last edited:
We are coming in on Thursday and going to Epcot on Friday then Magic Kingdom on Saturday. We MIGHT go to Jelly Rolls Friday night, and will deal with being tired at Magic Kingdom on Sat. Yasmin has never been, Nick when he was 11, and Kelly hasn't seen the MK in the daytime since she was 10 so we are all super excited. When we come back I am renting a car and we are going to check out the deluxe hotels then have lunch at Sanaa before heading back home. Really looking forward to it.

What are everyone's pre and post plans?
We leave NJ on Tuesday to drive down. We plan to take more time than usual and spend 2 nights on the road, maybe stopping a couple of those things we always pass and say we need to see some day, arriving Thursday morning. Probably go straight to MK. We're staying at a hotel near the port so we'll trek back there Thursday night. Probably back to WDW on Friday and Saturday but we're not sure. We're meeting some fellow DISers for dinner Saturday night near the port.

Post-cruise we'll get off the ship, get the shuttle back to the hotel to retrieve our car, and hit the road for home :(

We will be taking the red eye out of LAX on Tuesday night, hit the parks Wed - Saturday. Staying at BLT. Post cruise we will stay one night at the Polynesian Villas and then head home very early Monday morning and then back to work on Tuesday. :sad1:

You all are very lucky to be able to add to the beginning or end of your cruise vacation. Our flight arrives Saturday evening, which won't leave us time to do anything other than drive to Cape Canaveral and sleep. After the cruise, we have a very late flight, so I would love to hear suggestions for what to do for the day. Currently, we plan to spend the day at Disney Springs and maybe go to Universal City Walk to eat at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium.

We don't even know when we're coming down. Expecting a package rom Amazon, and DH is talking like he wants to head down as soon as it arrives. Even tho hotel reservation isn't til the 25th. May partly be that DS Cedric's girlfriend/betrothed hasn't been to Orlando before, so he wants time to take her to all the parks, leisurely.

Does anyone know if there are any theme nights on the cruise? The website talks about 70's night or 80's night or toga night. Is that something they do on this ship! Is there any way to find out if there will be something like that?

We're arriving Thursday afternoon, staying at Kidani. Current plan is to enjoy the resort and AK. We head home Sunday afternoon and back to work Monday.

Thanks for the advice on texting on an Android device using WiFi. Petsitter and I downloaded WhatsApp and I tested it at home by putting my phone on airplane mode. Success!

Does anyone know if there are any theme nights on the cruise? The website talks about 70's night or 80's night or toga night. Is that something they do on this ship! Is there any way to find out if there will be something like that?

They do a Disco night. They have a Disco dance party in the Royal Promenade where the cruise directory and other entertainment staff wear 70's disco gear and put on a show. Some guests also dress for this. Not a whole lot though.

Also, if you go the Prohibition Party you will see some people dress up for that. It is an extra cost though.

We don't dress for disco night. Not to say we won't be dressed up nearly 100% of time. DH -vest, cravat, often tux w/ tails. DS -vest, tie. DIL[for lack of better word] -long skirt. Me -long skirt, usually with corset, often w/ gloves. DH has decided that dressing up makes him happy. And since he humors me by going to WDW, I'll humor him by dressing up.

We are flying into Orlando Saturday evening and staying in the Cape Canaveral area Saturday night. Any good suggestions for a hotel for one night? After the cruise, we are going to stay at Pop! Century for one night and go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We will then, sadly, be flying home Monday mid-day.

That's what I was figuring on. Unfortunately, we'll be hitting the road right away to drive back home. We'll just have to get the shuttle back to the hotel where our car will be parked.
Yes, the same with us.

We are leaving VA Friday after work....the time depends on when my son in law gets home....I hope we're on the road by 6. We're driving to Lumberton NC, spending the night and then getting up early to finish the drive to Port Canaveral. Spending the night there. I hope to get up early enough Sunday morning to visit the Welcome Center after breakfast, before the shuttle takes us to the port. I am getting so excited about this cruise. The suitcases are out and I have gathered most of what I want to pack.

The cruise is coming up quickly (three weeks from today we will be in Labadee!) and so I though I would share a few tips that I have used in the past that could help others:

1. Place cell phone in airplane mode once sail away!
You do not want to get an unexpected bill when you get home. Roaming charges while at sea and in international ports can be quite expensive. Shortly after sail away, make sure you put your phone in airplane mode. This will turn off all wireless communications on your phone. If you have the Wi-Fi plan or want to use bluetooth, you can re-enable those on your phone while keeping the cellular services turned off.

2. Bring a clock or keep cell phone charged to tell time in room.
On my first cruise, I assumed that the cabins would be like a hotel room and would have a clock in them. This was before I had a smart phone (flip phone during this time) and I did not carry a watch. While in our room, we had no idea what time it was. Also, we had an inside stateroom, so we didn't even have the sun to wake us up. We slept good (no light), but we did miss out on a few things in the morning we would have liked. On all of our other cruises I had made sure to bring either a small alarm clock or now my smart phone to always know what time it is.

3. Bring a USB Multi-Charger.
There are very few outlets in cabins. I used to say bring a powerstrip, but they have not been allowing guests to bring those on board lately. However, many devices are charged via USB nowadays. I have a multi-port USB charger that charges up to 5 devices at once. This will free up many other plugs.

4. Don't get overwhelmed with all of the planned activities.
This more of a note to myself, but it may help you all too. There are many planned activities on Oasis class ships, but there is not way to do them all. Just choose the ones that seem like the most fun to you and try to do them. If you are not able to, it is okay, don't stress about it. There will be something else soon. Many times when I am on vacation I am in go-go-go mode, trying to "get my monies worth" by doing as much as possible. My wife likes to take it easy. I have learned that sometimes stopping, taking a deep breath, and not worrying about the next activity can be just as rewarding as getting to do it all. Besides, many times it is not as much fun as you hoped it would be.

5. Do try to make it to the water dive show.
In my opinion, I could miss all of the other shows, but the water diving show is a not to be missed experience. It is incredible!

6. Order something adventurous.
Try something new on a menu that you usually would not order, you might really like it! And here is the best part, if you don't like it they will replace your food with another item. Or just do what I do and order two entrees when you are not sure which one you want to get.

7. It is okay to not get off the ship.
This is another note to self, but I thought I would add it in here. It is okay not to leave the ship while in port. Enjoy the ship with less people on it. Enjoy getting that pool chair without fighting for it. Enjoy the discounts at the spa.

8. If you do go off the ship, download the maps to your phone before hand.
I do this for any trip that I go on, where I think the cell coverage could be spotty. The Google Maps app will allow you to download maps of areas to your phone. It will download all of the areas attractions too (restaurants, shops, gas stations, etc). Even with your phone in airplane mode, it can use GPS without using data. It is a little less accurate (only by a few feet) but this will enable you to be able to explore with a GPS in hand. Just enter where you want to go and it can even give you walking directions. Of course you need to download the maps before you no longer have cell service (best to do on wi-fi because the maps are a lot of data).

9. Make sure you are back on ship in time and keep ship time in mind!
The ship waits for nobody. It will leave you! Also, make sure you recognize the difference between ship time and local time. I do no think local time will be an issue with this cruise due to Daylight Savings Time being over, but you still want to check. Ship time is always based off of the time from the port that it came from. If an island is in a different time zone or does not follow DST, there could be a time difference. Like I said, I do not think it will be an issue on this cruise, but it is still wise to double check!

10. Have fun!
You are on vacation, so make the most of it! On every trip I have ever been on there has always be some sort of hiccup or speedbump. There is never that "perfect" vacation. However, your vacation is whatever you make of it! Remember to have fun!

I can't wait until I meet ya'll on the ship! Share your pointers as well.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter