• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Police/Fireman Free Park Entry

leslieh

DIS Veteran
I dont know if this is the right place. But in today's Washington Post Newspaper the Busch Co. Williamsburg, Seaworld, etc. had a full page ad that read: Police, firemen, parametics, get free entry into their parks for the remainder of the year, immediate families also get a free one time addmission. The rumor has it that other parks might follow. If so, My husband is a police officer for 30 years at the U.S. Capitol, he has been a volunteer fireman for 35 years. They stood in the road last week and rasied/collected $7000.00 for the firemen/families of NYC. So we should be covered by 2. This is a thanks to all who work for us. For such little $$$$. Thanks to Busch Company!!!!!

Wow that's great. Firefighters and police officers deserve any perks sent their way. God Bless 'em. It's good to see Busch stepping up to the plate.... Disney?

I heard this on the news last night. Really wonderful for all those hard working men and women (I have two retired officers, 2 current officers, and an EMT/Search&Researcher in my extended family)!!

I wouldn't mind paying extra for my ticket to offset some of the cost. Just my way of showing thanks a little. That might be a way that Disney or any other park could approach it.

"Help Disney show that we all care and are greatful for our servicemen...."

Do volunteer firefighters get this deal too? My brother in law is one, and they can't afford much in the way of vacations, so this would be great for them!!! What do you need as way of proof? I'd love to get all the info for him before I mention it...I would'nt want to get their hopes up fo nothing!!:rolleyes:

wow! DH and I are both law enforcement officers. That would be so nice.

Our local law enforcement union raised $7000+. I am so proud of our community for being so generous.

Toni
Oct 2000 - off site
Nov/Dec 2001 - ASMo

Very nice jesture on the part of Anheuser Busch! I will look forward to sharing their parks with these honored guests over the next few months. Busch is first class all the way in my book!

scanmom - click on the following link and a pop up screen will appear giving you details about this program

http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgardens/va/index.html

I saw this a couple of nights ago and it really pissed me off. We were at SeaWorld last week in California (beside Universal Studios and DL) and my husband is a police officer. Darm if only I had scheduled our trip a week later then we would have gotten free tickets. The only thing my husband does not like to use his badge to get anything free (but thats my husband).

Thank you Anheuser Busch. We are planning a trip to Busch Gardens for later this month. For all the ugly things that people say to DH and for all the ugly ways he gets treated, it's nice to know that there is a company that recognizes that these people are heroes everday. I did not like looking out our Airport's window (where I work) and see DH board a plane on which a very stupid person made a comment about something ticking in his bag. But that is his job.

Thanks again. We'll be sure to drop money in the park for food and souveniers.

We are planning a trip to wdw before the chance of deployment comes up. Thanks, in advance, for the info. Pam:p

I had the idea that policemen/women and other security professionals might be offered free transportation on planes, buses, trains etc which would save the companies big money and give these people who are underpaid a perk worth something.

I forget where or when I read it but there was a state that debating giving a tax break for teachers in their state to encourage new people to move there. Sounded like a good idea to me. Wave of the future?

Slightly Goofy

Flyingcircus,
My DH is in the unique position of being an Airport Police Officer. Even during this crisis people cannot understand why they cannot park on the curb in front of the terminal, why they can't park in restricted lots, etc. When he asks them to move their car and park in the lot he gets quite the variety of comments, up to and including being called horrid names. Of course that is not his whole job, especially now, but that is the part that is most stressful to him.

Anyway, to answer your question, he treats people the way that he would want to be treated. He is very professional (as he has been on the job for 11+ years). I just hate to hear how people treat him for just doing his job. Never would I be disrespectful to a police officer. And what kills me is that these are mostly our elderly population.

I hope I answered your question.

scanmom
I can't remember if I was reading a Busch Gardens website or a Seaworld website but it read,
"They understand thet many of our countries firemen are volunteers and that they are welcome too!" So my guess is that this all includes them as well.
My DH is a volunteer firefighter too!

Thank you for that information. My son has been a firefighter and a
rescue squad volunteer since he was in high school. No one understands
the time and effort they put into helping others. Thank you for the info he
can use it and will appreciate it. Maybe Disney can offer something too.

Miss Jasmine,

I think it is horrible that people treat other people this way! I am a flight attendant, and I go out of my way to say thanks to everyone who is trying to make my workplace a safer place!!

I have noticed lately that when I say thanks to the airport police, customs officials, FBI and National Guards at the airport, they do look a little shocked. But I am truly thankful, and appreciate all the hard work they do. Please let your husband know that he is respected!!

Flyingcircus,
Thanks for your words of support! :D I'll be sure to pass them on. Yes, flight attendents are wonderful, and do stop and say thanks. And thank you for still flying!

I'm sure you have your own passenger stories. DH always likes yanking from the plane the horrible passengers who give the flight crew a difficult time.

Yes, I do imagine he does have some good stories. It always amazes me what people will say and do, and think they can get away with it. It is a federal offense to interfere with crew- I don't think alot of people knew that. Believe me, whenever there is a call to the police, upon arrival it is always comforting to know there will always be at least 3 police officers ready to cart them off, and there are no IF, ANDS, or BUTS!!!

I called WDW CRO just to see if they were thinking of offering some sort of deal for Police/Firefighters etc. and I was shocked that the CM didn't flat out tell me NO, he said they were definitly considering this and that at a later date there would be an announcement! Anyone else call them to ask, and what did they tell you? What a great way to say thank you to all of those who protect and serve us!

The CM told me that their marketing dept was thinking about something like this, but if, when and what they do was not yet determined. I hope they decide this week, though, so our family can utilize whatever they offer. (DH is both police officer & volunteer fireman)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter