• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Police/Fireman Free Park Entry

My brother is NYPD & has been doing check-points down by ground zero pretty much ever since this happened... Now, even if I were to try to take advantage of the free admission, how could I prove my brother is NYPD?? (Though I doubt I'll have time to stop at Sea World anyway....)

:) This really is a great offer from the Busch Company. It's great to see that Disney is considering doing something also. I just hope they do it soon, because we are going down right after Thanksgiving, and it would sure cut down on the cost of our trip. I'm not one to ask for special favors, but it is certainly nice. I'm really looking forward to my vacation down there. I spent a week at the Pentagon on a search team and could use a little magic. And for everyone who gets to take advantage of this...say a little prayer for all of our fallen brothers and sisters in New York while you're there.

Originally posted by LoDivaLoca
My brother is NYPD & has been doing check-points down by ground zero pretty much ever since this happened... Now, even if I were to try to take advantage of the free admission, how could I prove my brother is NYPD?? (Though I doubt I'll have time to stop at Sea World anyway....)

I think you need to bring your brother and his offical ID with you.

thanks Bob, but he has to work like 80 hr weeks until the end of the year easily....

well, it's nice that they thought of him anyway!

Originally posted by LoDivaLoca

Hi, I just received an e mail back from the people of A. Busch and they answered within 2 daysYou have a good question. Write them and ask. Good Luck! Pam

dialbud@anheuser-busch.com

It's free admission for the firefighter/police/EMT and free admission for his/her immediate family that accompanies the person the first time. After that, family members get 20% off when they accompany the eligible person but the person continues to get free admission. It doesn't apply to extended family or family visiting without the person.

What a great "thanks" to all the firefighters, police officers and emt's! We are leaving for Disney World, Disney Cruise and Sea World in 9 days and although our tickets are already purchased (we'll save them for a future visit) we'll be able to take advantage of this offer for our trip to Sea World! (DH is a NJ State Trooper who helped out during the crisis and at our airport) I just called Disney and was told by a CM that disney is not considering any offers :( I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep trying! God Bless America.

My husband is a firefighter and we are planning our trip for November 26th. He just called this afternoon and was told that Disney was working on some kind of compensation for firefighters and police but it could be several weeks before it is keyed into the system. The CM told him just to keep checking back.

jillpra

jillpra, at least you're getting some "positive" answers! I called again after reading your post and was told again that Disney is not offering the program that Annheiser-Busch is! Keep me posted, we leave in 9 days!!
madkatsmommy

It looks like Disney is going to pass on great public relations opportunity. They were quick to match Busch's offer of free admission for firefighters when Florida was hit with massive wildfires last year. It doesn't look like Disney is going to respond in this case. Heck, Busch claims they make money off people who bought a one day pass and go the rest of the year free with a promotion they had this year. I guess they feel that Busch's offer will not receive that much attention and they feel no pressure to match it. We will see... I am even surprised they aren't matching Busch's monthly installment plan for season passes. Jeb Bush recently encouraged Florida residents to visit attractions in their state. Disney is sure not making this Florida resident want to give them any of my family's business.

I called this a.m. and spoke with a CM. She said it is their computer that Disney is considerig something for firefighters/Police but that it has still not been decided yet. She said that Disney would do some kind of press release once a decision has been made if they will do something.

jillpra

Sorry, but what is there to consider? Either they match the offer or not. It is not that complicated to let someone in free who shows a badge. I frankly don't believe the spin that it takes weeks to program their computers. A goodwill jesture should not take so much 'soul-searching'. Either you step up to the plate and do it or you sit back and give out excuses as Disney appears to be doing.

Has anyone gone to the parks using this discount. We are planning to go to BG in Virginia tomorrow. I will let you know how this works. Im taking one extra person with us, I will try to call them today and see if theyre any discounts for extra persons.

I called Disney yesterday. Their "official" statement is that they have commited to assisting with the clean up of New York and DC. They are currently looking into offering something for the Police & Fire Fighters at the parks.

DH is a Police Officer and this gesture is GREATLY appreciated -- believe me.

My question is about the 2nd day free option. My understanding is that onece you are in Sea World Orlando, you can get a "2nd day free" pass that lets you return for a second day within 7 days. Does anyone know if this would be an option with the free Police pass?

I realize that DH can go free as often as he wishes before 1/1/2002 and that we can get 25% off -- which is very generous and we may take advantage off. The reason I ask is that we will be in Orlando for T-Giving Day through Saturday afternoon. Since we don't arrive until afternoon on T-G day, we're just trying to decide if we should use the free day on Friday, or if the 2nd day free is available, go for part of the day on T-G Day as well. Again, I'm not trying to be greedy here, just wondering about this part of the puzzle so that I can make a wise decision.

Thanks in Advance for any information you can give me!!!

was also for towns who only have 'volunteer' fire squads. I got a reply but not answer to my question so, I called the 800 number they gave me in their return e-mail. They told me they would have to get back to me with an answer but, didn't think it would be for 'volunteer' firefighters.

We were already planning on going to Busch Gardens during our December trip and already have our tickets but, I thought we would try to go to SeaWorld with this most generous offer. I will say I was a bit upset not about the free admission not being offered but at the fact that they don't consider 'volunteer' firefighters as firefighters. We live in a small town of 4500 people give or take a few hundred and our volunteer firefighters, EMT's and paramedics are the only firefighters we have. They all work very hard to keep trained and up to date and also risk their lives when their is a house or brush fire in our town along with also working their full time jobs.

On the first Sunday of every month as their fundraiser they put on a wonderful breakfast for all you can eat this past October's breakfast we raised $1600 for the firefighter families of N.Y. and are very proud to be a part of their firefighter family.

God Bless all each and everyone.

I am very proud to be a wife of a 'volunteer firefighter' and our town's fire inspector.

Please don't take this wrong but I just needed to vent somewhere and I consider you all an extended part of my family.

Originally posted by crazyforpooh
was also for towns who only have 'volunteer' fire squads. I got a reply but not answer to my question so, I called the 800 number they gave me in their return e-mail. They told me they would have to get back to me with an answer but, didn't think it would be for 'volunteer' firefighters.

We were already planning on going to Busch Gardens during our December trip and already have our tickets but, I thought we would try to go to SeaWorld with this most generous offer. I will say I was a bit upset not about the free admission not being offered but at the fact that they don't consider 'volunteer' firefighters as firefighters. We live in a small town of 4500 people give or take a few hundred and our volunteer firefighters, EMT's and paramedics are the only firefighters we have. They all work very hard to keep trained and up to date and also risk their lives when their is a house or brush fire in our town along with also working their full time jobs.

On the first Sunday of every month as their fundraiser they put on a wonderful breakfast for all you can eat this past October's breakfast we raised $1600 for the firefighter families of N.Y. and are very proud to be a part of their firefighter family.

God Bless all each and everyone.

I am very proud to be a wife of a 'volunteer firefighter' and our town's fire inspector.

Please don't take this wrong but I just needed to vent somewhere and I consider you all an extended part of my family.

I think you are asking to many questions, most people do not distinguish the difference between volunteer and paid firefighters (and nor should they). I think you are over complicating the issue. If you have a photo I.D. you should be good to go !!

HaveFun

Bob

stating your dh is a FF if your dh doesn't have a figherfighter ID? My hubby was a volunteer also because of the small town we lived in and they had an identification cards just for being a volunteer. I'm sure you will have no trouble. Good luck and take the much needed break! Have fun! Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter