POLL: Will you buy Poly DVC?

Will you purchase Poly DVC?

• Yes! I'm jonesing for some Poly points

• Maybe. My spouse wants me to buy, though.

• Meh. If I'm bequeathed money by an unknown relative, maybe.

• Not likely. I wouldn't turn down a gift of Poly points, though.

• No! I couldn't drink enough Lapu Lapus to make me buy

Results are only viewable after voting.

sleepydog25

Been here awhile
Someone may have already done so (I didn't see such a poll after an admittedly cursory glance), and if that's the case, my apologies. Here is the question at hand: given all you know, surmise, and can foretell about the new Poly DVC that will be offered this year, do you plan to purchase and why or why not?

I don't see the poll. I don't think it's attached. :confused3

I voted not likely.
So far all my points are at 1 home resort (AKV) to keep things simple.
I bought in 2008 and added 3 times after that but was able to get all those points for just around $100 per point. ( $96-104) after all the promotions and discounts.
Maintenance fees don't bother me and I love the Poly area.I had considered about 300-400 points here if they ever added Poly to the system ( to also give me the Monorail line) but in the last few years the price per point has risen too much for me to accept purchasing new points at any resort.

Weird. I see it on my page. Five choices. Hmmmmm. . .:surfweb:

NOW I see it. Very Weird. I voted "Not Likely". Mostly because we're facing our first year of college with a new freshman next year so it's not financially possible (Rochester Disney Fan our DS wants to go to RIT!!). But also because I think it will be cost prohibitive AND so far we've been able to get into every resort we've wanted to at 7 months so I can't justify the additional purchase expense just to be able to say we own there. We have been able to stay at ALL the DVC resorts so far including the hard-to-get HHI, VGC and Aulani. I just this week made plans for this summer and we considered trying VGF as part of our split stay as there were some openings for our dates when I checked but we decided to be more frugal with our points and try it on a trip when we go in Adventure or Choice season. I know it's a gamble to hope for the same opportunities with the Poly but we just rarely make plans beyond 7 months out. Will cross our fingers that we can get in at 7 months whenever we decide to try it.

Someone may have already done so (I didn't see such a poll after an admittedly cursory glance), and if that's the case, my apologies. Here is the question at hand: given all you know, surmise, and can foretell about the new Poly DVC that will be offered this year, do you plan to purchase and why or why not?

:wave2: Hey sleep,

I'm torn. lol. We love the Poly but actually have been contemplating selling the points we have. We're not big fans of the new changes at the world so we've been going less and less.

definitely would love to stay there once though.

Mostly because we're facing our first year of college with a new freshman next year so it's not financially possible (Rochester Disney Fan our DS wants to go to RIT!!).

Best of luck! DS attends RIT!

It's not for us. Not even sure we'd use our current points there (which leaves that much more availability for those that LOVE the poly ;)).

No desire to buy there as the costs will be too high and it should be fairly easy to use my SSR points to book a studio there at the 7 month mark if I can't get into BLT or VGF.

We'll stay there but with no 1BR's which are our preferred accommodation it makes little sense to own there. I also think with that many studios then once it sells out it will not be terribly difficult to book there at many times of the year.

I do however retain the right to change my mind. :rotfl: But it really would take another addition to the resort with 1 and 2BR's to make that happen and then still more likely to just get in when we can.

For truth in advertising, I'm in the middle of the road. When the announcement was first made, my wife and I both thought we'd buy there. However, we were quite disappointed that no 1BRs would be offered. Further, after seeing the initial point offering for VGF, we can only imagine that Poly will be similarly priced. . .if not even more expensive. The buy-in for a new DVC property has become unreasonable, so unless we hit the lottery jackpot, I just don't see Poly in our future.

I would never turn down free points but I don't plan on buying there. We bought DVC because we hate being crammed into one room with the kids. We have also come to love the kitchen and washer/dryer. All studios have no appeal to me.

Nope. I'm satisfied with my long paid off $65 per point BWV points. I always dreamed of a GF DVC but not at these prices. I'll roll the dice at 7 months, I'm 1 for 1 at VGF.

Although I'd love to stay in an over the water bungalow the studios do not appeal to us. We almost always stay in a one bedroom.

We own at BLT, which we love. I cannot see buying a second monorail resort. I feel the same way about VGF although it is a beautiful resort that I would really like to stay at regularly.

I already own at VGF and BLT, and the Poly won't have any 1-BR units, so No.

http://i235.*************************************PVB__DVC.png

No 1BR = No thanks.
Cheaper to book a room there every now and then vs buying the rights to a studio at suspected prices.

My iPad doesn't want me to vote on the poll, but I'm waiting for the inheritance from the unknown relative -- or acquaintance would be okay, too

NOW I see it. Very Weird. I voted "Not Likely". Mostly because we're facing our first year of college with a new freshman next year so it's not financially possible (Rochester Disney Fan our DS wants to go to RIT!!). But also because I think it will be cost prohibitive AND so far we've been able to get into every resort we've wanted to at 7 months so I can't justify the additional purchase expense just to be able to say we own there. We have been able to stay at ALL the DVC resorts so far including the hard-to-get HHI, VGC and Aulani. I just this week made plans for this summer and we considered trying VGF as part of our split stay as there were some openings for our dates when I checked but we decided to be more frugal with our points and try it on a trip when we go in Adventure or Choice season. I know it's a gamble to hope for the same opportunities with the Poly but we just rarely make plans beyond 7 months out. Will cross our fingers that we can get in at 7 months whenever we decide to try it.

Best of luck! DS attends RIT!

My son spent two years at RIT before transferring to New York University. He really enjoyed RIT and is still friends with some of his classmates. His interest is film, not engineering so NYU turned out to be a better match.

:car: your drive will be a little further than ours was :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter