Poly Expansion Watch

"Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows currently has 380 Disney Vacation Club villas, including the largest Deluxe Studios at any Disney Vacation Club resort at Walt Disney World and unique two-bedroom Bora Bora Bungalows, located over the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon – the first of their kind at Disney."

This would seem to indicate current, but it's certainly not definitive.
Hopefully they go full villas only on this tower and graft it in with the current association.

This would be confirmation to me that they have some regrets over the way they handled Riviera and it's restrictions.

Hopefully they go full villas only on this tower and graft it in with the current association.

This would be confirmation to me that they have some regrets over the way they handled Riviera and it's restrictions.
Maybe Disney learned their lesson with Riviera and the restrictions...

Maybe Disney learned their lesson with Riviera and the restrictions...
I'm hopeful, but if that were the case why wouldn't they unwind Riviera itself?

I'm hopeful, but if that were the case why wouldn't they unwind Riviera itself?
They just might do that after they see how fast these Poly points sell out. But, they open themselves up to some pretty stiff blowback considering the transactions that have already taken place on the market under those restrictions. Could get ugly

"Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows currently has 380 Disney Vacation Club villas, including the largest Deluxe Studios at any Disney Vacation Club resort at Walt Disney World and unique two-bedroom Bora Bora Bungalows, located over the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon – the first of their kind at Disney."

This would seem to indicate current, but it's certainly not definitive.

It's essentially the same timeline as VGF1>VGF2. 42 years remaining with 2024 opening.

So they're building a ~$300M expansion to a beloved Disney hotel, aimed directly at the most attended theme park in the world, and the motivation is Riviera legal regrets?

Interesting.

So they're building a ~$300M expansion to a beloved Disney hotel, aimed directly at the most attended theme park in the world, and the motivation is Riviera legal regrets?

Interesting.
That's not what I said at all... I'm saying that the way they have chosen to expand DVC post-Riviera (Scrapping Reflections, Grand Flo hotel conversion, Poly expansion) leads me to believe they are not happy with the way the Riviera roll out has gone and prefer to do it a different way for now. Read into that what you will.

How long does it usually take after an initial announcement like this before they start providing more details? I want to know everything right now!!

Things like point charts, cost and dues are 2 years away. They could drop a few details over time. Maybe mention the number of rooms, if there will be a new restaurant, etc.

The D23 Expo is scheduled for this fall. They previously released a lot of info on Reflections at the Expo so that's probably the best candidate for getting more concept art and info.

Quick takes:
  1. This is a homerun - There is absolutely no doubt in mind whatsoever that this will perform amazingly well and is a perfect addition to the Poly!
  2. I can't help but think they flipped the Reflections idea a bit and moved it here.
  3. Derek DeBoer hopefully has some new lamps to steal!
  4. We will be checking out the new VGF Villas on Thursday and will post a video of this proposed area for size and scope.
  5. Using my very scientific measuring method (counting in the picture)... I'm estimating around 400 new villas with Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, and Grand Villas. I also wouldn't rule out some Tower Studio villas (look in the corner of the concept art).
  6. Condo Association? Based on size my initial gut reaction is separate... Think Boulder Ridge/Copper Creek.
  7. Pricing? Expect it to open aggressively with incentives. I would expect by the time the resort opens in 2024 we will be in the range of $225-$230pp.
  8. Fireworks views Fireworks views Fireworks views!!! Poly is the best place on the loop to watch fireworks so this is going to be amazing!!
  9. I'm hoping for a signature dining experience at the top and/or a bar or lounge like TOTWL. Artist rendering also looks like a new swimming pool will be included.
  10. I'm sold... This is going to be an amazing addition to the Polynesian!

Agree.. the views could be great! I currently own Poly (resale) and considering selling -before this announcement-… because I probably have more pts than what I would use the coming years but..

now.. i’m debating between waiting to see if reprice goes up…? better buying direct?

(Already have blue card but only 100 points on Rivera)…

thoughts?

thanks!

8. Fireworks views Fireworks views Fireworks views!!! Poly is the best place on the loop to watch fireworks so this is going to be amazing!!

I was right there with ya. Right up until here. Ummm... have ya met BLT and TOTWL?

Quick takes:
  1. This is a homerun - There is absolutely no doubt in mind whatsoever that this will perform amazingly well and is a perfect addition to the Poly!
  2. I can't help but think they flipped the Reflections idea a bit and moved it here.
  3. Derek DeBoer hopefully has some new lamps to steal!
  4. We will be checking out the new VGF Villas on Thursday and will post a video of this proposed area for size and scope.
  5. Using my very scientific measuring method (counting in the picture)... I'm estimating around 400 new villas with Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, and Grand Villas. I also wouldn't rule out some Tower Studio villas (look in the corner of the concept art).
  6. Condo Association? Based on size my initial gut reaction is separate... Think Boulder Ridge/Copper Creek.
  7. Pricing? Expect it to open aggressively with incentives. I would expect by the time the resort opens in 2024 we will be in the range of $225-$230pp.
  9. I'm hoping for a signature dining experience at the top and/or a bar or lounge like TOTWL. Artist rendering also looks like a new swimming pool will be included.
  10. I'm sold... This is going to be an amazing addition to the Polynesian!
I agree. It looks like a brand new building from the ground up and not a refurb on an existing building. My guess is also that it will be separate association with a full 50 year contract length. If DLT gets resale restrictions, my guess is this will have restrictions too.

If they announce it will be in the same association there will be a run on Poly resales and they will start going up in price and value. If it is a separate association we may see the pricing on Poly resales go down a bit as prospective owners dump their current points in order to have funds to buy into the new property.

If they announce it will be in the same association there will be a run on Poly resales and they will start going up in price and value. If it is a separate association we may see the pricing on Poly resales go down a bit as prospective owners dump their current points in order to have funds to buy into the new property.

No doubt this is correct. At what point in the Copper Creek timeline did they announce it would be a separate poroperty?

Hoping this isn't a Boulder Ridge/Copper Creek situation. I would think they would want to include the bungalows as part of this offering, but who knows? Maybe there will be more?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter